khoazany

[U21s] The Axel Tuanzebe Thread

Fair play to the young lad he was great today, kept Sanchez quite on his first ever start in a pro game when more established players couldn't get near him. One instance in particular where Sanchez tried to shoulder barge him off the ball and just bounced off him and went flying 😂

Great debut, and i'm delighted for him didn't look out of place at all. 

By far the best player on the pitch, composure in droves. I'm sure Jose will be delighted with how disciplined and well executed his performance was! 

I'd like to see him start Centre Back see how he does especially if it means displacing Smalling permanently. 

Our best player today. Thought he showed great composure. I liked how he kept it simple, short passes, find a teammate and make yourself available for a pass. No unnecessary risks. Basic stuff, but important for a young player making his full debut. 

I'd like to see him play in our 3 remaining League games. Mourinho may aswell give him gametime now and hopefully be able to rest other defenders if we make the Europa League Final. It's going to be very difficult for Axel to break into the first team for next season, I would imagine. But performances like today, will certainty help his case.

One of the few players to deserve credit from today's game. He played out of his natural position, yet showed great composure and Sanchez rarely got the better of him. A good debut, albeit not a memorable result for him.

Early nerves were visible and he slowly settled and showed his talent against the best in the league - Alexis. 

Only after thought is that unless he gets more of such chances to play we cannot see him how good he really is and how far he can go.