Txrt

NBA/Basketball

Well, I think we're quite a few the ones we follow the NBA, and Basketball in general here. So I think we needed a thread to talk about basketball in general, and the NBA in particular!

Anyone that wants to say anything about this sport, feel free to post here!

Good call with the thread. 

Lebron has passed Michael Jordan in assists after putting up another 6 or so last night, while romping to 40 odd points again. 

I'm still trying to pick a team in college basketball (which I'm really getting into, fucking love it) atm I'm just enjoying the great games though

And to kick this off... Has someone heard about Lamar Odom signing for Caja Laboral/Laboral Kutxa?! 

He made it official yesterday, he's going to play two months here in Vitoria... It's totally unexpected for me, more taking into account that Laboral had to sell most of their better players due to the lack of money... But it's still nice, he's had a great arrival today, and they say he's going to be ready to play this Saturday!

It's a shame he's not eligible for tomorrow's match, because I'm going to watch it in the stadium/arena with some friends before going out in Vitoria... But yeah, hopefully he'll be around the court and we can have a couple words with him!

Good call with the thread. 

Lebron has passed Michael Jordan in assists after putting up another 6 or so last night, while romping to 40 odd points again. 

I'm still trying to pick a team in college basketball (which I'm really getting into, fucking love it) atm I'm just enjoying the great games though

I can't choose one between the Tar Heels and MSU Spartans! ahahaha. Those are my two teams in college basketball!

You'll enjoy it even more when March Madness starts. That's when the real thing gets going! ahahah.

I'm not watching and following as much as I would want to this year, but I'll be watching the tournament come March for sure!

EDIT: Duke is always there, and I kind of like Krzyezwski, and Jabari Parker this year. Always a sure bet to go far in the tournament.

Also, for the few games I've watched this season, Arizona looks strong... They're based on their defense, and that's always effective in March.

Edited by Txrt

I can't choose one between the Tar Heels and MSU Spartans! ahahaha. Those are my two teams in college basketball!

You'll enjoy it even more when March Madness starts. That's when the real thing gets going! ahahah.

I'm not watching and following as much as I would want to this year, but I'll be watching the tournament come March for sure!

which NBA team do you follow? 

I like the Rockets, apparently they're trying to get rid of Asik but he's shite so in order to get someone to take him (and to take both their cap hits) they're actively trying to flog Lin with him, since he doesn't start, despite doing well this season getting lots of time off the bench. 

One of the best things about the NBA is how many more trades there are, compared to say... NFL (which I also adore)

which NBA team do you follow? 

I like the Rockets, apparently they're trying to get rid of Asik but he's shite so in order to get someone to take him (and to take both their cap hits) they're actively trying to flog Lin with him, since he doesn't start, despite doing well this season getting lots of time off the bench. 

One of the best things about the NBA is how many more trades there are, compared to say... NFL (which I also adore)

That's a hard question for me. I like Kobe, he's my favorite player, and probably my favorite athlete. 

But I wouldn't say my favorite team are the Lakers.

I've liked Denver under George Karl, a lot, but they've disappointed me so much with his sacking, that I even want them to lose every night now hahahhaha.

I also like Spurs a lot, probably they're my favorite team. 

Edit: Portland and Clippers are looking great this year, and both are two of the more entertaining teams to watch!

Rockets are also one of the highest scoring and most entertaining teams to watch! They will totally destroy the Lakers tonight and make you happy! :)

Edited by Txrt

That's a hard question for me. I like Kobe, he's my favorite player, and probably my favorite athlete. 

But I wouldn't say my favorite team are the Lakers.

I've liked Denver under George Karl, a lot, but they've disappointed me so much with his sacking, that I even want them to lose every night now hahahhaha.

I also like Spurs a lot, probably they're my favorite team. 

Edit: Portland and Clippers are looking great this year, and both are two of the more entertaining teams to watch!

Rockets are also one of the highest scoring and most entertaining teams to watch! They will totally destroy the Lakers tonight and make you happy! :)

The Rockets are notorious for making every game exciting.... could be 20 points up in the 2nd and then still end up needing a buzzer beater to win :p

My favourite players are Ricky Rubio, Blake Griffin, TP and LeBron.

My favourite teams are the Spurs (Parker especially) and the Timberwolves (Rubio). More affection based on players than anything.

In college basketball, I don't have a clue but love DUKE because they're called DUKE. 

My favourite players are Ricky Rubio, Blake Griffin, TP and LeBron.

My favourite teams are the Spurs (Parker especially) and the Timberwolves (Rubio). More affection based on players than anything.

In college basketball, I don't have a clue but love DUKE because they're called DUKE. 

Ricky Rubio eh? I like that choice! He's having a shaky season this year... But he's a great talent. 

One of the most talented passers I've seen. He has to put work in his mid-long range shooting though!

Tony Parker is unbelievably good. And he gets better every year... Even when he's 30. He's one of my favorite players nowadays, so so so good.

Ricky Rubio eh? I like that choice! He's having a shaky season this year... But he's a great talent. 

One of the most talented passers I've seen. He has to put work in his mid-long range shooting though!

Tony Parker is unbelievably good. And he gets better every year... Even when he's 30. He's one of my favorite players nowadays, so so so good.

Still one of those leading the assist stats in the NBA. 

TP is amazing.

Clippers @ OKC has been a great game. Just a couple of minutes left, still anyone's game. 

LeBron is out injured tonight, excellent news for the Bulls. 

Clippers vs OKC had everything you can ask for in a game. It was entertaining, it had a lot of points... and it was close in the end.

Chicago is holding Miami pretty well without LeBron, at least until now.

Rubio cant shoot for shit but my god can he pass the ball (y)

Indiana had a big deadline day, They sent Granger to Philly and got Evan Turner. They've been in a slump recently and hopefully they can get back on the track they were on, still my pick to win it all regardless of Durant and Lebrons MVP form

Rubio cant shoot for shit but my god can he pass the ball (y)

Indiana had a big deadline day, They sent Granger to Philly and got Evan Turner. They've been in a slump recently and hopefully they can get back on the track they were on, still my pick to win it all regardless of Durant and Lebrons MVP form

Ricky has been said to be working on his shooting every year since he was 17. He has never improved. But yeah... I guess its Spanish genes... great passeres but can't shoot, it happens to our footballers too. Ahahahaha.

Edited by Txrt

Ye will be ok, especially with Diego Costa wanting to play for Spain ;)

Anyone here watch Grantland?? Jalen Rose and David Jacoby's podcast is a different level of awesomeness, so much better than anything ESPN has to offer!

Jimmer to the Bulls. Hope he gets some gametimes and starts showing what he can do.

Him and Stephen Curry are probably the two best scores I've ever seen in college basketball. Incredible matches they played with BYU and Davidson. Brilliant.

Jimmer to the Bulls. Hope he gets some gametimes and starts showing what he can do.

Him and Stephen Curry are probably the two best scores I've ever seen in college basketball. Incredible matches they played with BYU and Davidson. Brilliant.

Can Jimmer defend? If not then Thibs won't be giving him many minutes.

Can Jimmer defend? If not then Thibs won't be giving him many minutes.

Not too much to be honest.

That was my first thought when I heard that he was going to the Bulls.

Olympiakos lost again today, an awful and painful defeat. They now need 4 wins in a row to go to the next round so it seems that the dream of three consecutive Euroleague wins is over.

You'll get through I think! :P 

Fenerbahce lost, Unicaja are worse than Olympiakos... I think Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Barcelona and Milan will go through. I hope those are the ones too.

The Euroleague wouldn't be the same without the two Greek teams! :(