versa

[U18s] The Angel Gomes Thread

4 minutes ago, khoazany said:

Missed a penalty on the same game which proved to be crucial as Everton got an equalizer.

We can always hire him as a full-time ballboy if thing go tits up for him.

4 hours ago, venusplanet said:

Congratulation to him.. did not know that he is related to Nani... 

didn't know that. so that's why he is eligible to play for Portugal which i think he should and ditch England

35 minutes ago, utd4life said:

didn't know that. so that's why he is eligible to play for Portugal which i think he should and ditch England

I don't think he's actually related but a close family friend, his dad is Portugese though and played under age for them. As for ditching England, the age group with Angel in it is actually a really really talented group they're in the European final of the u17s today I think it is and that's without Angel and Ryan Sessengon who would be two huge players for them too. 

ANYWAAAAAY what I came in here to post is that Jose says he could be involved in the game against Palace. Be unbeliveable if he gets some game time now. 

8 hours ago, venusplanet said:

Congratulation to him.. did not know that he is related to Nani... 

Hope he's a bit more consistent than Nani! (who was btw one of my favourite players, and continues to be)

Delighted for the lad to get a call up to the first team, hope he gets some minutes.

Also; "I've been reading that Jose may play Angel Gomes against Palace. I did some research and it turns out, IF Gomes can score he will become the youngest ever player to score in the premier league. Thought this would be pretty cool, the current record holder is James Vaughan who scored his goal, funnily enough against Palace."

Could also become the first player born this millenium to feature (though he might be rivaled for that by Kane Wilson of West Brom)

40 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

According to the gutter press, Barcelona are keen on taking him from us.

The rumours are circulating because AFAIK, he has not signed a new contract with us yet. 

Edited by pailo

Just now, Albert Quixall said:

Has he been offered one?

We’ve been negotiating for months.

He’s concerned about his path to the first team and sees his pal Sancho getting minutes at Dortmund since leaving City. Sancho is arguably an even bigger talent.

Just now, O said:

We’ve been negotiating for months.

He’s concerned about his path to the first team and sees his pal Sancho getting minutes at Dortmund since leaving City. Sancho is arguably an even bigger talent.

Whatever happened to learning to walk before you can run? No doubt Gomes is a great prospect but he's no George Best. Sounds like his dad is driving this.

There is no way he is ready for the first team though. He isn't physically developed yet. This is a very different situation to Pogba contrary to what you might read in the media.  

Edited by pailo

4 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Whatever happened to learning to walk before you can run? No doubt Gomes is a great prospect but he's no George Best. Sounds like his dad is driving this.

He’s right to have concerns while Mourinho is in charge. But I wouldn’t be expecting first team involvement until he’s nearly 19. If he’s 19 and finds himself in the same situation as Andreas, then he should look to move on. He still has a lot of physical development left before he can start regularly against men.

4 minutes ago, O said:

He’s right to have concerns while Mourinho is in charge. But I wouldn’t be expecting first team involvement until he’s nearly 19. If he’s 19 and finds himself in the same situation as Andreas, then he should look to move on. He still has a lot of physical development left before he can start regularly against men.

Repeat of Pogba?

I hope Jose gives him games in the cups at least.  

Just now, Albert Quixall said:

Pogba was ready for the first team though and Fergie didn't play him. This kid is nowhere near that level yet.

Fair point. But as you say, his dad may be expecting more money.