dualtamac

WWE/TNA

37 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Anyone hear about this All Elite Wrestling? Founded by the owners of Fulham + an NFL team (I think). Going for a big push. 

Already have a roster of Cody Rhodes, Chris Jericho, Young Bucks etc. Probably more soon.

So basically another TNA.

13 hours ago, TheManc said:

Anyone hear about this All Elite Wrestling? Founded by the owners of Fulham + an NFL team (I think). Going for a big push. 

Already have a roster of Cody Rhodes, Chris Jericho, Young Bucks etc. Probably more soon.

Rhodes and The Young Bucks are Executive Vice Presidents, Tony Khan is the President (son of Shadid Khan).  They're billionaires so money won't be an issue. This will be interesting and will ultimately give fans an alternative.  I'm bored of WWE stuff, Raw/Smackdown is formulaic and a running time of 5 hours I don't have to watch it. I currently watch NXT and I've began watching more NJPW. It's more focused on in ring action, it's way better! 

Royal Rumble Sunday, my predictions:

1, MEN'S RUMBLE WINNER: Seth Rollins
2, WOMEN'S RUMBLE WINNER: Becky Lynch/Charlotte Eliminated at same time at the end.
3, WINNER: Brock Lesnar sadly
4, WINNER: Kalisto
5, WINNER: Daniel Bryan via DQ
6, WINNER: Asuka
7, WINNER: Ronda Rousey
8, WINNER: The Miz and Shane
9, WINNER: Rusev

Ricochet is the best wrestler on the planet right now, him V AJ Styles NEEDS to happen.

On 10/01/2019 at 00:06, TheManc said:

TNA was good before it basically fucked up. But who knows.

TNA got into bed with Hogan and Bischoff, that's where the downfall began. It basically mirrored late 90's WCW - In fact, visually it was practically 90's WCW.

So long as AEW don't start offering creative control clauses, and ridiculous money for stars at the end of their useful careers, then they could actually end up being a powerful entity in the business. Apparently they're in discussions with Ted Turner (for a TV deal, only)

6 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Ricochet is the best wrestler on the planet right now, him V AJ Styles NEEDS to happen.

TNA got into bed with Hogan and Bischoff, that's where the downfall began. It basically mirrored late 90's WCW - In fact, visually it was practically 90's WCW.

So long as AEW don't start offering creative control clauses, and ridiculous money for stars at the end of their useful careers, then they could actually end up being a powerful entity in the business. Apparently they're in discussions with Ted Turner (for a TV deal, only)

I thought Ted Turner wanted nothing to do with wrestling after WCW?

16 hours ago, MikeM said:

Becky fucking Lynch ladies and gentlemen. Wow is this girl on fire or what?

I know it was a while ago but that episode where she had blood everywhere and went through the crowd was something else. Shame she tapped out at the Royal rumble - she should have lost by a quick pin or something. The perfect finish at Mania would be some Bret Hart - Austin at Mania type ending, assuming she's going to lose. If she wins then fair play.

I'd love to see Becky as the WC and Sasha Banks turning into a vicious heel like she was in NXT and facing Bayley. 'The Boss' vs 'The Man'. IMO they are the two best characters/gimmicks when done right. 

If WWE paid Conor McGreggor a shit load of cash to walk Becky to the ring at Mania it would be amazing. She needs new 'badass' music too.

I hope they make her as edgy as possible. Don't water her down. Steve Austin as a face was still vicious SOB who would stunner anyone face or heel. Knowing the WWE they'll have her kissing babies and clapping the fans soon.

Edited by TheManc

9 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

When did Daniel Bryan start this Eco-warrior shit? 

A couple of months ago and I think it's the best gimmick on the roster alongside Becky. He is excellent at what he's doing right now. And he's just speaking the truth about the planet etc, just heeling it up to get heat and it works a charm.

1 hour ago, dualtamac said:

A couple of months ago and I think it's the best gimmick on the roster alongside Becky. He is excellent at what he's doing right now. And he's just speaking the truth about the planet etc, just heeling it up to get heat and it works a charm.

Honestly its fucking gold, they could really go with a whole cult angle too a bit like Straight Edge Society. That belt is brilliant, i'm a bit amazed Vince okayed it being the red blooded meat eating manly mans man he wants the world to know he is.. I guess its ok cause of the $$

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Honestly its fucking gold, they could really go with a whole cult angle too a bit like Straight Edge Society. That belt is brilliant, i'm a bit amazed Vince okayed it being the red blooded meat eating manly mans man he wants the world to know he is.. I guess its ok cause of the $$

British Strong Style are all vegan. Imagine that.

World "We want Becky V Ronda at Mania"

WWE "Well we don't want to give you that, but how about a Triple threat with Charlotte with more McMahon family in-fighting?"

They'll never get it will they, Jesus.

1 hour ago, MikeM said:

World "We want Becky V Ronda at Mania"

WWE "Well we don't want to give you that, but how about a Triple threat with Charlotte with more McMahon family in-fighting?"

They'll never get it will they, Jesus.

The whole Becky getting suspended thing is a bit over the top, they are trying to make her be like Stone Cold Steve Austin. She can be badass, but WWE is adding unnecessary shit to this fued with Ronda. 

I can't believe Ashley Massaro has passed away, R.I.P to her. She won the Diva's Search in 2005, teamed up with Trish, feuded with Mickie James, and had some deserved success in WWE. God damn it this is shocking what has happened, she will be missed. The tough part about Ashley's passing is this......she was born on May 26th, the same day I was born. I will forever have a connection with her, and I will always think of her whenever May 26th comes. I'll miss you Ashley, you were good in WWE, and you did anything to win

11 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Just seen highlights on the Undertaker-Goldberg match. Absolute banter.

Vince needs to be arrested.

Sad shit that 2 guys who were massive draws circa 2000 are still being used to as two of the main guys.

Taker only has himself to blame. He knows he’s done.

It was like watching Ryback botch something vs The Big Slow.

15 minutes ago, O said:

Taker only has himself to blame. He knows he’s done.

Did you see how pissed he looked after the match? Goldberg was also hurt concussed. Honesty, you don't have these two wrestle each other, sure 10 years ago but not now.