dualtamac

WWE/TNA

I wonder...he tweeted that there was a huge surprise returnee at the Royal supposedly and ended it with "VVVV"...wonder if he was scheduled to return and had to put it on hold due to heatlh reasons?

I'm delighted that the Elimination Chamber is on Sky Sports. I can't wait for The Shield v The Wyatt Family. I just hope there's no interference and it's a clean win.

The chamber itself will be fascinating. I can't see Cesaro, Christian or Sheamus winning it. With many fans being upset with Batista winning the Rumble and Bryan not even being entered I'm hoping they're setting that up as the main event at Wrestlemania 30. I'm just worried that the WWE will not think that's "box office" enough because, let's face it, Orton v Batista or Cena v Batista would probably be a bigger draw.

WWE Announces That Hulk Hogan Will Host WrestleMania 30

It's official: wrestling legend Hulk Hogan will return to WWE.

The organization announced on Friday that Hogan will host WrestleMania 30 on April 6 in New Orleans, according to WWE.com.

Naturally, Hogan is thrilled to be back in the mix, per WWE.com:

Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the
WWE
family. I only have one question for the
WWE
Universe:
Whatcha
you gonna do when
Hulkamania
runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?

WWE chairman Vince McMahon shared in Hogan's excitement in confirming the return of a beloved superstar, per WWE.com: "We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE. It's fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network."

It's also been confirmed that the 60-year-old Hogan will make his return to WWE on Monday's upcoming episode of Raw, making an appearance on WWE Network's Raw Backstage Pass as well. 

.@WWE has confirmed @HulkHogan will appear on next week's #Raw & Backstage Pass on @WWENetwork. Will host Wrestlemania 30.

— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom)

February 21, 2014

A six-time WWE champion, Hogan has seen and done it all inside the ring, defeating some of the greatest champions the sport has ever seen and taking part in some of the most iconic matches of all time. Keep in mind it has been more than six years since Hogan last participated in a WWE match.

Inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005, Hogan's legendary career has certainly prepared him for his new role as WrestleMania host. 

I'm pumped for Hulk Hogan! Red and yellow is back! @WWE @WrestleMania is going to be insane!

— Erica Castillo (@HHH_Erica)

February 21, 2014

Although it remains to be seen how he'll fare at wrestling's marquee event or what impact he'll have in New Orleans, it's clear that WWE is better off when Hogan is a factor. Hogan's unrivaled charisma and appeal both in and out of the ring set him apart from his contemporaries and many of WWE's top superstars today. 

Therefore, it's no wonder WWE was thrilled to announce Hogan's return this February.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1969127-wwe-announces-that-hulk-hogan-will-host-wrestlemania-30

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

More sales for the Network and for Wrestlemania though. That's what matters to Vince. 

Yeah thats a fair point. I still get this constant feeling that as much as the WWE want to move away from the past they can't help looking back to it. 1 step forward 2 steps back syndrome. 

I'm defiantly gonna try and catch the indies more and probably NXT mainly for Paige. 

Anyone thinking about buying the network. I won't lie having attempt to and somehow managed to watch all the attitude era ppv's being able to access them in high quality in full without having to click on 9 different parts or hunt down matches on various video sites does appeal to me. However with the way the WWE have been recently i'm not sure if i want to give them my money, it's safe to say i'm somewhat disillusioned. 

Anyone thinking about buying the network. I won't lie having attempt to and somehow managed to watch all the attitude era ppv's being able to access them in high quality in full without having to click on 9 different parts or hunt down matches on various video sites does appeal to me. However with the way the WWE have been recently i'm not sure if i want to give them my money, it's safe to say i'm somewhat disillusioned. 

I hear ya but I know I'll end up getting the network anyway....

I hear ya but I know I'll end up getting the network anyway....

Same here most likely. Mainly for the older content rather than the new stuff they have planned. Although the live PPV's is pretty neat although it kinda destroys the meaning of Pay Per View now. 

Edited by ALF

WWE have negotiated a new deal with Sky. After the current deal ends, there will be no more PPV's on SkySports. They're all on Box Office.

Tonights ppv is on SS though.

When does this deal end then? I remember back in the day it was free on sky sports.

Channel 4 used to have about 8 ppvs. It was great. Also gave us Sunday Night Heat before the ppv.

Channel 5 would also have WCW, just before robot wars.

90's :(

I started off with WCW on Five but soon found the WWF far more entertaining. Wish i could have watched both and properly lived the Monday Night Wars.