The Barcelona Problem

The last time we faced them it was embarrassing especially at the Camp Nou.

Our line up 2019

DDG Lindelof Jones Smalling Young Fred Pogba Mctominay Lingard Rashford Martial 

An absolute abomination of a team.

Barcelona 2019

Stegen Alba Roberto Pique Lenglet Rakitic Busquets Arthur Coutinho Suarez Messi 

Their 2023 probable line up 

Stegen Balde Christensen Kounde Araujo Gavi De Jong Pedri Busquets Dembele Lewandowski 

United 2023 probable line up 

DDG Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw Casemiro Eriksen Fernandes Antony Rashford Weghorst 

Barcelona still have Stegen Alba & Busquets. United still have DDG Fred McTominnay Lindelof Jones Martial & Rashford at the club which just shows how slow our transition has been and why we've been so poor for a good number of years sticking with those tired and tested players although Rashford has had a resurgence of form.

The question is though are we better equipped this time around? 

Barcelona don't have their talisman anymore but they do have the Polish scoring machine and a very creative midfield with Busquets the stalwart still playing an integral part.

Imo the games will be won in midfield and I think Barca shade it with their creativity of  Gavi Pedri & De Jong opposed to our 3 of Fernandes Eriksen & Casemiro.

In particular Fernandes & Eriksen may get overrun and if ETH plays Fred, which I believe he will, they'll be zero protection for our back 4. Casemiro can't do it himself. 

Upfront we will cause problems with Rashford's pace and Antony's trickery. I don't believe Martial will be anywhere near this game as he's shite and unlikely to improve also I reckon using Weghorst could surprise them. Our 3 in midfield need to be on absolute top form for us to win this together with our solid defence. Martinez has to play ahead of Shaw at centre back with Varane and I think ETH will stick with Dalot ahead of Wan Bissaka. Rashford will be up for this and his pace is a huge weapon for us.

I believe United can match up to them but the tie at the Camp Nou will be the make or break. If we do it not only do we have a great chance at Old Trafford but to go on and win it which will hopefully see us more competitive in the Champions League later this year.

Edited by PVAD
16 hours ago, TheManc said:

We've become Barcelona's bitch over the last 14 years so i'd love to smash them. It's going to be a really tough game. I'd put Barca as favourites.

Agree itching to do them.

We need to show that 1984/1988 passion and when Scholsey scored that thunderbolt!