Boehly's All Star Game

American owner wants American-style all-star game. What a hoot. Even the Glazers, shysters that they are, never suggested this. Can you imagine football - copying the NBA - and taking a break for this half-baked suggestion?  Boehly has only been here 5 minutes and he wants to further Americanize the game.

4 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

American owner wants American-style all-star game. What a hoot. Even the Glazers, shysters that they are, never suggested this. Can you imagine football - copying the NBA - and taking a break for this half-baked suggestion?  Boehly has only been here 5 minutes and he wants to further Americanize the game.

You are right. This is exactly  the what I feel,I think and  react against .

16 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Would actually be fun to watch. Won't happen though. 

I still prefer to watch a football from a low tier teams (even the Sunday League) instead of the false games.

A similar stars game is the top of the basket influence ......The approach of the pointless stats already implemented in football ,mass of jobless trainers and pundits jumped on the football gold wagons attracted of the money......

I can't imagine a ,,stars , collected from Mancunians ,deluded Scousers " both together .....

I can't imagine even a week free for the PL players and a period of preparations for a similar game.

@Albert Quixall is painfully right .

The football is still a traditional game. Keep the traditions and enjoy the game .

A north vs south game seems a bit contrived. Practically all the players wouldn't be english either. Such a game would work better if it was between english players of north or south origins although England has 3 distinct regions north, midlands and south. A game between europe and south america would be interesting but as I've mentioned already I'm doubtful as to whether there is a big clamour for such games or whether the players/clubs would take it seriously. There is already lots on offer in football and a crammed schedule.

In sports like rugby union that has amateur roots these types of things were more commonplace.  Also in sports like rugby league where variety is limited given the small number of nations that play the sport.

Just found this article .

Klopp, who has previously been critical of the crowded football schedule, responded: "When he finds a date for that he can call me. In American sports these players have four-month breaks.

"Maybe he can explain that. I'm not sure people want to see that - [Manchester] United players, Liverpool players, Everton players all together. North-east too, so Newcastle. It is not the national team. All the London guys together, Arsenal, Tottenham, great. Did he really say it?"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62899010

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2022 at 04:58, Albert Quixall said:

I'd bring back the old Home Internationals. Far better than any contrived silliness.

Don't fancy england's  fuckin chances!

On 17/09/2022 at 10:41, Pap1918 said:

Just found this article .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62899010

Doubt it, he's far wiser than that. Think his record speaks volumes!