2022/2023: PL MD5 - Leicester v Man Utd

1 minute ago, TheManc said:

I thought in the first half we had 3-4 chances where we were one, relatively straight forward play away from having a great chance. Elanga and Rashford are/were just too rubbish to do anything in general. 

Bruno broke down just as many of those situations. Even before the goal, Rashford played a great ball which took the Leicester defence out of the game. Bruno was unmarked on the edge of the far post and then failed to deliver a killer pass or cross with time to assess his options.

6 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Disheartening performance. There's literally no hope.

Sancho didn't once try and take on his man, he never fucking does. Never a winger. Honestly reminds me of Ashley Young.

Rashford running so fast he can't sort out his legs and then when does so he scuffs his shot. This is right after he spends the entire first half pretending he's Berbatov instead of stretching that defense with his pace.

Elanga can't win a duel to save his life. Nothingn player.

Bruno, as awful as he is brilliant.

Commentators pretending Ronaldo is still remotely close to world class, in spite of the evidence before them just compound what a stupid signing that was. It's a circus even when he behaves well. He's a huge threat when he's in the box, but outside of that he's hopeless.

Martinez recovered well but he was getting bullied by Vardy physically in the first half, which is just wrong. Still and upgrade on Maguire.  I thought he did well, in spite of those warning signs. I like the partnership between him and Varane. The latter is the only saving grace. Rolly Royce.

As upsetting as this is to the lot of you, Malacia has been rubbish at going forward, zero threat, if he keeps this up Shaw will be back in the team. I have time for Dalot, he's getting better defensively.

McTominay is not good enough. I didn't enjoy Casemiro on the ball, I suspect that part of his game will be tested now that Modric and Kroos are no longer around him. Eriksen was all right but you can't depend on him at his age. He doesn't have the legs.

This negativity is beautiful.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Casemiro completed 27 passes from just 31 minutes of play. 4 long balls out 5 were accurate. McTominay completed 34 passes from 90 minutes of action. 3 out of 4 long balls were accurate tbf. But

I don't think Vardy bullied anyone today tbh. Granted, I think Varane was better than Martinez and the latter wasn't as good as his previous games but i can't say he was bullied at all. I'm very happy

I thought Casemiro was good tbh. He got caught on the ball a few times, once in a bad area but that's normal enough for a guy settling into a new league. He made some great tackles and had more touches after coming on than anyone - He settled us down a lot as were holding on for dear life before that. 

Is Sancho's stamina really so bad that he always gets hooked? He was by far and away our best attacker and the only one the ball was sticking too. 

You seen the best and worst of Rashford and Bruno today. The former isn't good enough and the latter is a fucking basket case footballer. 

Dalot and McTominay were excellent. 

4 minutes ago, TFIA said:

I thought Casemiro was good tbh. He got caught on the ball a few times, once in a bad area but that's normal enough for a guy settling into a new league. He made some great tackles and had more touches after coming on than anyone - He settled us down a lot as were holding on for dear life before that. 

Is Sancho's stamina really so bad that he always gets hooked? He was by far and away our best attacker and the only one the ball was sticking too. 

You seen the best and worst of Rashford and Bruno today. The former isn't good enough and the latter is a fucking basket case footballer. 

Casemiro completed 27 passes from just 31 minutes of play. 4 long balls out 5 were accurate.

McTominay completed 34 passes from 90 minutes of action. 3 out of 4 long balls were accurate tbf. But it shows the levels between them. Casemiro had a much higher volume of passes during our toughest spell of the game.

22 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Sancho didn't once try and take on his man, he never fucking does. Never a winger. Honestly reminds me of Ashley Young.

Rashford running so fast he can't sort out his legs and then when does so he scuffs his shot. This is right after he spends the entire first half pretending he's Berbatov instead of stretching that defense with his pace.

Commentators pretending Ronaldo is still remotely close to world class, in spite of the evidence before them just compound what a stupid signing that was. It's a circus even when he behaves well. He's a huge threat when he's in the box, but outside of that he's hopeless.

Martinez recovered well but he was getting bullied by Vardy physically in the first half, which is just wrong. Still and upgrade on Maguire.  I thought he did well, in spite of those warning signs. I like the partnership between him and Varane. The latter is the only saving grace. Rolly Royce.

As upsetting as this is to the lot of you, Malacia has been rubbish at going forward, zero threat, if he keeps this up Shaw will be back in the team. I have time for Dalot, he's getting better defensively.

McTominay is not good enough. I didn't enjoy Casemiro on the ball, I suspect that part of his game will be tested now that Modric and Kroos are no longer around him. Eriksen was all right but you can't depend on him at his age. He doesn't have the legs.

big-lebowski-confused.gif

14 minutes ago, TFIA said:

I can accept this take, except Sancho. He was garbage barring the goal, worse than Bruno and Rashford.

4 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I can accept this take, except Sancho. He was garbage barring the goal, worse than Bruno and Rashford.

But the goal got Utd 3 points and He was the only one that could have scored at that time.,give Him a break,it takes a lot of fitness and stamina to play Eths way,and that’s with control.

Edited by 1Day
1 minute ago, 1Day said:

But the goal got Utd 3 points and He was the only one that could have scored at that time.,give Him a break,it takes a lot of fitness and stamina to play Eths way,and that’s with control.

I have been giving him a break. I didn't moan once about him last season, I expect more. He was touted as an elite winger, I was very excited when he came in but I see no signs of progress. It looks like his ceiling is quite low atm. I look at Luis Diaz and there's just no comparison. 

4 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I have been giving him a break. I didn't moan once about him last season, I expect more. He was touted as an elite winger, I was very excited when he came in but I see no signs of progress. It looks like his ceiling is quite low atm. I look at Luis Diaz and there's just no comparison. 

I'm not Sancho's biggest fan. I've realised the Bundesliga is basically a scam waiting to happen.

But this is ridiculous. He scored the winner, showed good movement and took the goal well. If you thought you were getting a dynamic one on one maestro then that's on you. 

He's a good footballer but you need to get players around him on the same page for him to be as effective as he can be. Rashford and Bruno are just way too sloppy. Malacia is still raw and bedding in - That was their third game together. 

46 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I don't think Vardy bullied anyone today tbh. Granted, I think Varane was better than Martinez and the latter wasn't as good as his previous games but i can't say he was bullied at all. I'm very happy with the CBs.

McTomminay is not good enough to start for us generally and it's only a matter of time until he's on the bench, but i thought he was good today lol. 

43 minutes ago, O said:

Bruno broke down just as many of those situations. Even before the goal, Rashford played a great ball which took the Leicester defence out of the game. Bruno was unmarked on the edge of the far post and then failed to deliver a killer pass or cross with time to assess his options.

This negativity is beautiful.

I don't actually think we'll ever be a top team with Bruno and there will come a time when a decision has to be made. I think we're stuck with him for another two seasons though. 

1 minute ago, TFIA said:

I'm not Sancho's biggest fan. I've realised the Bundesliga is basically a scam waiting to happen.

But this is ridiculous. He scored the winner, showed good movement and took the goal well. If you thought you were getting a dynamic one on one maestro then that's on you. 

He's a good footballer but you need to get players around him on the same page for him to be as effective as he can be. Rashford and Bruno are just way too sloppy. Malacia is still raw and bedding in - That was their third game together. 

I didn't expect him to be to be doing it all the time, but never? Not even against this calibre of opposition? For God's sake, what's the point. Martinelli, Kulusevski, Saka, Salah, Diaz, Son - that's what he's competing with. He has to show more.

It's like I'm watching a world class player on his dying legs. Who cares if he got the goal, Rashford got a lovely assist but that doesn't mean he played well. We were playing a team who were there to be got and they almost drew. Justin was comfortable with Sancho there, it's part an indictment on him that Ten Hag feels he needs to spend that amount of money on Antony.

Fair point about Malacia, but I'm hoping he starts showing an equal amount of bravery going forward as he does defensively. It's like McTominay, he shows a lot of grit when it comes to a duel but then he goes hiding when we're in possession. I can't stand it.

6 minutes ago, TFIA said:

We paid €85 million for him. He needs to do more. Very tidy player in possession. Rarely flustered. But we didn't pay all of that money for Adam Lallana. He's passive.

If we eventually start to control games, have lots of possession and work the ball with lots of interchanging like City, he'd start to shine more.

At the moment, it's like putting Bernardo Silva into this United side. He'd drop off a cliff.

It's funny that he left City. He needed to for his own development. Yet they're the one team in England that I think he would excel in. Especially during the false ST era. Rodri, Foden, Gundögan and Bernardo would link up with him perfectly.

3 hours ago, Alexander said:

I didn't expect him to be to be doing it all the time, but never? Not even against this calibre of opposition? For God's sake, what's the point. Martinelli, Kulusevski, Saka, Salah, Diaz, Son - that's what he's competing with. He has to show more.

It's like I'm watching a world class player on his dying legs. Who cares if he got the goal, Rashford got a lovely assist but that doesn't mean he played well. We were playing a team who were there to be got and they almost drew. Justin was comfortable with Sancho there, it's part an indictment on him that Ten Hag feels he needs to spend that amount of money on Antony.

He's one of the few players in the squad that can be relied upon to score at the moment. If he scored 20 goals this season would you not see that as him as playing his part?

Sancho likes little  give and go's and comes in slightly to the left or right of goal, he needs smart player's to put him in, Bruno is too scatty and Rashford, just plain unreliable.

If Ronaldo was younger they could form a good relationship, we should be looking to replace Rashford with a forward who can bring the best out of Sancho.

44 minutes ago, Deez Nutz said:

Sancho likes little  give and go's and comes in slightly to the left or right of goal, he needs smart player's to put him in, Bruno is too scatty and Rashford, just plain unreliable.

If Ronaldo was younger they could form a good relationship, we should be looking to replace Rashford with a forward who can bring the best out of Sancho.

I'm excited to see Sancho & Antony link-up. They're kind of similar players in ways, but it could be very entertaining to watch when they're both on top of their game.

I can see Ronaldo getting back in the starting role at CF very soon. Rashford will definitely lose his place there.

didn't see most of 1st half but from what I've read we were decent?  

2nd half similar to Southampton - defended well.  

Another important win, not pretty but like what I'm seeing overall,

Progression, defo been working on being more aggressive around edge of box, (gave away some dangerous freekicks though) battling for each other, doesn't have that same feeling easy conceded goal coming every time opposition breaks!

Results are important for now, build confidence & hopefully we see a better style of football develop 

Edited by CB78
5 hours ago, Gary said:

Getting Martial sold is the main priority there chief

Going off the last few months, he's our best attacker.

If he can stay fit and keep up the confidence he's worth keeping. Otherwise i'd get rid of him next summer. Eitherway, its in our best interest to get rid of him next summer, so hopefully he has a good season that makes him sellable.

His contract runs till 2024 maybe 2025 with an option. So we cant be offering him new contracts given hows the last few years have played out with performance, attitude and injuries.

Edited by rezzy
3 hours ago, rezzy said:

Going off the last few months, he's our best attacker.

If he can stay fit and keep up the confidence he's worth keeping. Otherwise i'd get rid of him next summer. Eitherway, its in our best interest to get rid of him next summer, so hopefully he has a good season that makes him sellable.

His contract runs till 2024 maybe 2025 with an option. So we cant be offering him new contracts given hows the last few years have played out with performance, attitude and injuries.

I'm sure we must have better than him playing in the women's team?

18 hours ago, John Locke said:

He's one of the few players in the squad that can be relied upon to score at the moment. If he scored 20 goals this season would you not see that as him as playing his part?

Sancho scoring 20 goals this season? You sure you don't mean in his career?