Jump to content

2022/2023: PL MD5 - Leicester v Man Utd


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Casemiro completed 27 passes from just 31 minutes of play. 4 long balls out 5 were accurate. McTominay completed 34 passes from 90 minutes of action. 3 out of 4 long balls were accurate tbf. But

I don't think Vardy bullied anyone today tbh. Granted, I think Varane was better than Martinez and the latter wasn't as good as his previous games but i can't say he was bullied at all. I'm very happy

Just now, TFIA said:

We’re still pretty shit tbh but we’re much more solid defensively. Not enough goals in that starting XI. The subs calmed us down a bit. 

Huge game on Sunday now. I’d probably go with the same team with Casemiro starting instead of Scott.

Had we conceded the 1st goal in either game, I think we fall apart.

Getting their noses in front has given them a bit of pride in keeping clean sheets. You can see that the defensive unit want to keep goals out. Celebrating tackles and clearances.

It's a bit like 1-0 to the Arsenal under George Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DDG - 7. Did well.

Dalot - 7.5. Was good i thought

Varane - 7.5. Looking really good

Martinez - 7 was ok

Malacia - 7 was ok

Eriksen - 6 - Average. Never MOTM.

McTomminay - 7.5. My MOTM

Bruno - 6.5 Was crap up until the last 20

Elanga - 5. Crap.

Sancho - 7. Average bar the goal

Rashford - 6. Crap minus the assist and one cross.

---------

Casamiro - I thought he gave the ball away a few times tbh? 

Fred - w/e

Ronaldo - Pretty poor tbh

 

3 minutes ago, O said:

Had we conceded the 1st goal in either game, I think we fall apart.

Getting their noses in front has given them a bit of pride in keeping clean sheets. You can see that the defensive unit want to keep goals out. Celebrating tackles and clearances.

It's a bit like 1-0 to the Arsenal under George Graham.

I'm loving that tbh. Reminds me of Juventus/Italy.

8 minutes ago, O said:

Undeserved win again. But better than Southampton.

That ball needed to fall to anyone but James Justin.

We could have had 2 points instead of 6.

That's 2 games in a row where we've lost control in the 2nd half.

 

 

I think we definitely deserved the win but it was largely because of his shite Leicester were, especially in the first half. If we had ounce of quality in the final third, we win that easy.

Not a good performance though. Objectively it was an awful game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, O said:

That's 2 games in a row where we've lost control in the 2nd half.

 

Fully agree with this. The starts are promising but teams can stretch us and we only have the counter to play with. 

I'm not knocking 3 wins on the spin though, god we needed that, but like I said earlier there are about 5 players that can't control an entire match or have massive lapses.

Casa and Antony will be in for Mctominay and Elanga I'd say but Rashford Eriksen and Fernandes all look ropey.

We can stick in Martial for Rashford (who would have thought) and VDB for Eriksen but Fernandes at this stage is basically undroppable irrespective of how he plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheManc said:

DDG - 7. Did well.

Dalot - 7.5. Was good i thought

Varane - 7.5. Looking really good

Martinez - 7 was ok

Malacia - 7 was ok

Eriksen - 6 - Average. Never MOTM.

McTomminay - 7.5. My MOTM

Bruno - 6.5 Was crap up until the last 20

Elanga - 5. Crap.

Sancho - 7. Average bar the goal

Rashford - 6. Crap minus the assist and one cross.

---------

Casamiro - I thought he gave the ball away a few times tbh? 

Fred - w/e

Ronaldo - Pretty poor tbh

 

I'm loving that tbh. Reminds me of Juventus/Italy.

I think we definitely deserved the win but it was largely because of his shite Leicester were, especially in the first half. If we had ounce of quality in the final third, we win that easy.

Not a good performance though. Objectively it was an awful game.

The same could be said for them.

We only created 2 solid chances all game. The goal and the Ronaldo pass to Eriksen, which would have been a tap-in.

We had an xG of 1.02 by HT and they had just 0.03 by then. It finished 1.26 to 0.55 in our favour. The Sancho goal was obviously a high quality chance. But they fought back well in the 2nd half and could have nicked a draw from the Maddison free kick or Justin at the death.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disheartening performance. There's literally no hope.

Sancho didn't once try and take on his man, he never fucking does. Never a winger. Honestly reminds me of Ashley Young.

Rashford running so fast he can't sort out his legs and then when does so he scuffs his shot. This is right after he spends the entire first half pretending he's Berbatov instead of stretching that defense with his pace.

Elanga can't win a duel to save his life. Nothingn player.

Bruno, as awful as he is brilliant.

Commentators pretending Ronaldo is still remotely close to world class, in spite of the evidence before them just compound what a stupid signing that was. It's a circus even when he behaves well. He's a huge threat when he's in the box, but outside of that he's hopeless.

Martinez recovered well but he was getting bullied by Vardy physically in the first half, which is just wrong. Still and upgrade on Maguire.  I thought he did well, in spite of those warning signs. I like the partnership between him and Varane. The latter is the only saving grace. Rolly Royce.

As upsetting as this is to the lot of you, Malacia has been rubbish at going forward, zero threat, if he keeps this up Shaw will be back in the team. I have time for Dalot, he's getting better defensively.

McTominay is not good enough. I didn't enjoy Casemiro on the ball, I suspect that part of his game will be tested now that Modric and Kroos are no longer around him. Eriksen was all right but you can't depend on him at his age. He doesn't have the legs.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, O said:

The same could be said for them.

We only created 2 solid chances all game. The goal and the Ronaldo pass to Eriksen, which would have been a tap-in.

We had an xG of 1.02 by HT and they had just 0.03 by then. It finished 1.26 to 0.55 in our favour. The Sancho goal was obviously a high quality chance. But they fought back well in the 2nd half and could have nicked a draw from the Maddison free kick or Justin at the death.

 

I thought in the first half we had 3-4 chances where we were one, relatively straight forward play away from having a great chance. Elanga and Rashford are/were just too rubbish to do anything in general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online


×
×
  • Create New...