khoazany

The Ex-United Academy Graduates And Where They Are Now Thread

I see morrisson is back at qpr. Saw some highlights of one game and he was mostly just nonchalantly knocking simple passes around midfield. I wonder if he really is just overhyped or his lack of minutes has caused him to lose his edge. 

Edited by TheBeardedOne

26 minutes ago, TheBeardedOne said:

I see morrisson is back at qpr. Saw some highlights of one game and he was mostly just nonchalantly knocking simple passes around midfield. I wonder if he really is just overhyped or his lack of minutes has caused him to lose his edge. 

My conclusion is he likes the money and stuff, but he's not toooo arsed about footy. 

On 17/04/2017 at 22:57, TheBeardedOne said:

He doesn't look like he cares much about winning matches and improving himself these days.

Don't pay much attention to the academy these days but i wonder why we arent producing central midfielders. Some seem decent in the academy and everyone raves about them but they never get near the first team squad.

On 05/05/2017 at 12:24, TheBeardedOne said:

Don't pay much attention to the academy these days but i wonder why we arent producing central midfielders. Some seem decent in the academy and everyone raves about them but they never get near the first team squad.

Andreas Pereira is one. And our world record signing is a former academy CM.

1 hour ago, khoazany said:

Andreas Pereira is one. And our world record signing is a former academy CM.

But these are players we have picked up from abroad when they were well developed, so i don't consider them as genuine products of our youth system like scholes, rashford etc

McTominay is the only CM player i hear some good things about. but in general @TheBeardedOne is right. we have had many prospects (Ben Pearson, Sean Goss, Danny Drinkwater) but now that we look at them except for Drinkwater who has reached some level and won a trophy, the rest have become history.

On 2017-5-7 at 01:57, utd4life said:

McTominay is the only CM player i hear some good things about. but in general @TheBeardedOne is right. we have had many prospects (Ben Pearson, Sean Goss, Danny Drinkwater) but now that we look at them except for Drinkwater who has reached some level and won a trophy, the rest have become history.

That's way too harsh. Sean Goss has just started his pro career and Ben Pearson did better this season in the Champo than Drinkwater at the same age.

Dunno if he even looks on here anymore but @khoazany John Cofie has signed for Derry City today in the league of Ireland. An excellent move for him imo and if he performs well he could really put himself in the shop window for a move to a league one or championship club. He'll also be playing European football with them this season. 

15 minutes ago, Canto said:

Dunno if he even looks on here anymore but @khoazany John Cofie has signed for Derry City today in the league of Ireland. An excellent move for him imo and if he performs well he could really put himself in the shop window for a move to a league one or championship club. He'll also be playing European football with them this season. 

Bit of a step down from becoming the next Drogba. 😁

4 minutes ago, O said:

Bit of a step down from becoming the next Drogba. 1f601.png

Drogba wishes he got to play in the league of Ireland. 

Was the youngest million pound player at the time United signed him apparently. Still good mates with Pogba apparently, looking forward to seeing Pogba at the new brandywell 🙃.

12 minutes ago, Canto said:

Drogba wishes he got to play in the league of Ireland. 

Was the youngest million pound player at the time United signed him apparently. Still good mates with Pogba apparently, looking forward to seeing Pogba at the new brandywell 1f643.png.

Cofie was a beast at U18 level. I had high hopes for him and Tunnicliffe because they were ready from a physical standpoint.

Ryan is doing alright at Millwall. Joshua King has done the best from that generation of players who left the the club. He’s a year older. Pearson is a little knacker, but also doing well for himself.