Jump to content

Manchester United Ownership!!


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

I think it's a reaction more than anything else. It will cost over £4.5 billion to buy the club and then how much more to plough into the club for players, stadium upgrades and training facility upgrades. It's a big ask.

He is acting or At least trying to be the middle man in a consortium...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Becoming a state project is really the pits. It's infinitely worse than Ratcliffe.  

I don't want Ratcliffe and his fucking company anywhere near United. It's exchanging one shower of greedy pricks for another. Anyway, I can see the Glazers retaining place at the club, picking up divi

Worst case scenario so far - Elon Musk was reportedly interested this afternoon!

23 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Wille Morgan, our skipper in 1974, has weighed in. He doesn't think much of Ten Hag stating: "

“And then they make matters worse by hiring someone who seems more like a below-average school teacher than a football manager. He’s hasn’t got that air of a manager in no way whatsoever. He hasn’t got a clue. He’s got no authority. That’s surprised me because when he came in and told them he didn’t want Rangnick around I thought it showed he meant business."

I though that was quite funny. Anyway, here's a link to the Sun article:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19541105/man-utd-captain-relegated-worse-flops/

That's an awful take tbh. He even praises the decision to sack Ralf lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, hdcantona said:

 

 

Not exactly sure who else in the mix but Ratcliffe led consortium is the ownership team I’d like to see 

With Prem league teams selling out to all sorts of commercial led international groups be great to see UTD go to a Mancunian/UTD supporter (with the means  to make an impact) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CB78 said:

Not exactly sure who else in the mix but Ratcliffe led consortium is the ownership team I’d like to see 

With Prem league teams selling out to all sorts of commercial led international groups be great to see UTD go to a Mancunian/UTD supporter (with the means  to make an impact) 

Supposedly 'interest from America, Asia and the Middle East' remains - and I suspect this bid will be the first of many 

I don't think they'd be *that* much less frugal than the glazers relatively speaking but just *not* being a parasite with things would be a big economic help (i.e freeing up more of our revenue) and much less objectionable ethically than a lot of the other potential owners out there or in charge of other clubs

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think anyone who can afford to buy us will have some sort of skeleton in the closet so to speak, so I think Ratcliffe would be the best of a bad bunch tbh.

I've never understood the desire for wanting an owner who will just splash the cash, on players anyway. For all of the Glazers' failings, we've still spent huge amounts of money over the years to no avail. I just want someone who knows how to run a club effectively, or at least who knows someone who does.

Whether that's Ratcliffe I have no idea - I'd think a lot of people who are spending the amount it'll cost to buy us will want some element of control, but hopefully we get someone in who knows what they're doing and can recognise there's a balance between taking control and delegating responsibility to people who do know what they're doing.

Edited by Jay007
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jay007 said:

I think anyone who can afford to buy us will have some sort of skeleton in the closet so to speak, so I think Ratcliffe would be the best of a bad bunch tbh.

I've never understood the desire for wanting an owner who will just splash the cash, on players anyway. For all of the Glazers' failings, we've still spent huge amounts of money over the years to no avail. I just want someone who knows how to run a club effectively, or at least who knows someone who does.

Whether that's Ratcliffe I have no idea - I'd think a lot of people who are spending the amount it'll cost to buy us will want some element of control, but hopefully we get someone in who knows what they're doing and can recognise there's a balance between taking control and delegating responsibility to people who do know what they're doing.

Totally agree with this, especially the bit in bold.

Some United fans seem to forget just how much money we've spent in transfer windows under the Glazers. Same fans are the ones hoping & dreaming for a Saudi takeover, so we can 'splash the cash' all of a sudden? We've been spending hundreds of millions from quite some time now.

But you're right, it's more about where that money is going on a more efficient & consistent basis.

Ratcliffe might just be our best bet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Supposedly 'interest from America, Asia and the Middle East' remains - and I suspect this bid will be the first of many 

I don't think they'd be *that* much less frugal than the glazers relatively speaking but just *not* being a parasite with things would be a big economic help (i.e freeing up more of our revenue) and much less objectionable ethically than a lot of the other potential owners out there or in charge of other clubs

I just hope the Glazer's (all be it slim hope) try & exit respectfully, sell to owners that have the means & plan to develop and drive UTD forward, new owners with a plan the fans embrace 

Rather than just the highest bidder!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Worst case scenario so far - Elon Musk was reportedly interested this afternoon!

Bill Gates too after he heard fans urging Rashford to have a shot.

On 18/01/2023 at 03:28, CB78 said:

I just hope the Glazer's (all be it slim hope) try & exit respectfully, sell to owners that have the means & plan to develop and drive UTD forward, new owners with a plan the fans embrace 

Rather than just the highest bidder!

I thought they were clinging on to the hope of getting in outside investment so they can retain control. Can't see the Qataris having any of that. As Sir Jim, I wouldn't trust any British businessman with 'Sir' in front of his name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Bill Gates too after he heard fans urging Rashford to have a shot.

I thought they were clinging on to the hope of getting in outside investment so they can retain control. Can't see the Qataris having any of that. As Sir Jim, I wouldn't trust any British businessman with 'Sir' in front of his name.

Likewise!

Link to post
Share on other sites

sums Glazers up if it goes to a Qatar like highest bidder

Making a ridiculous profit regardless who it goes to, the one thing they could've done to leave with head held high was respectfully ensure it goes to the right owners respecting UTD's history/majority of fanbase

As for G.Neville (although I'll admit I've only seen headlines not full interviews) if he's cheering on Qatar as I've seen suggested?  The guys more of a contradicting / hypocrite than I thought - he needs to shut up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TFIA said:

Just sad.

Club is going to win all in front of it but it will feel so hollow. 

Telegraph reporting the Saudi’s are bidding too. Sickening. Glazers’ wet dream.

I despise this world.

Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia will control the West before long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...