2022/2023: PL MD1 - Man Utd v Brighton

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep reading that Rashford is short on confidence. he's not. He's reached his level. Take away the pace, and he's very average. Defenders have him sussed and even if they're beaten, they know he can

I’m laughing so hard. What has this dutch fucker done to his career lmao.

Nothing like the first 45 minutes of the season to realise how much you enjoyed not watching Utd. Roll on Qatar.

3 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Rangnick continued to play McFred Magulof Elanga Shaw and Trashford having seen how shite they were. 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” 

So yes I stand by criticism of him knowing what we all knew but still started with those wastemen.

With respect to ETH doing exactly the same thing going with that McFred midfield Maguire Shaw and Trasford he should have a head wobble as he had seen how shite they are yet started them. 

I'm guessing ETH, like any new manager  coming in, is starting with a clean slate BUT if he continues like this as did Rangnick then new manager or not he'd be guilty of that insanity quote above...and I'll be asking the same question of the manager.

We all know that these players are shit I mean proper shit but the manager makes that team selection he has that choice and if continues to make those choices he will be guilty of abandoning his philosophy because the cunts we have playing on that pitch will never be able to play his Ajax style...can't polish a turd.

Agree totally!

We have kids like Garnacho, Hannibal, Shoretire, Iqbal, Savage, McNeill, and Garner. Why on earth persist with last year's abysmal failures. If you can't afford big buys, look in the Championship, or below, where you can pick up a whole team for less than McTs weekly wage.

There were a number of key frailties on display.

Carved open in typical fashion for the goal. Both shaw and maguire and at fault for not ensuring gros was patrolled at the back post.

The lack of a clinical finisher. Glaring misses from bruno and rashford. Midfielders could've pulled the trigger occasionally but didnt aside from erikson. 

Sloppiness in possession. Poor touches meant we lost the ball and any pressure that we were building was gone.

We can talk about the deficiencies of certain players but that we know about already.

In the end it doesn't matter as no one should expect top four given the lack of reinforcements so in that context a first game defeat should not be seen as a catastrophe even at home. The last couple of seasons we've started well and its been a false dawn. 

I keep reading that Rashford is short on confidence. he's not. He's reached his level. Take away the pace, and he's very average. Defenders have him sussed and even if they're beaten, they know he can't shoot straight. Bruno is pretty much done for too. Dalot is worse than AWB, Mourinho was right about Shaw, and McFred are a duo funnier than Laurel and Hardy. If ETH doesn't get the payers he wants because of the board's parsimony and the DOF's incompetence, he should walk. De Jong was never coming and if he sees a video of today's game, he'll be thanking his lucky stars he's not.

10 years of mismanagement, wasted money, and a decrepit stadium, and it's plain that we are on the skids.

3 hours ago, PVAD said:

Rangnick continued to play McFred Magulof Elanga Shaw and Trashford having seen how shite they were. 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” 

So yes I stand by criticism of him knowing what we all knew but still started with those wastemen.

With respect to ETH doing exactly the same thing going with that McFred midfield Maguire Shaw and Trasford he should have a head wobble as he had seen how shite they are yet started them. 

I'm guessing ETH, like any new manager  coming in, is starting with a clean slate BUT if he continues like this as did Rangnick then new manager or not he'd be guilty of that insanity quote above...and I'll be asking the same question of the manager.

We all know that these players are shit I mean proper shit but the manager makes that team selection he has that choice and if continues to make those choices he will be guilty of abandoning his philosophy because the cunts we have playing on that pitch will never be able to play his Ajax style...can't polish a turd.

This is objectively false. He dropped one or all those players multiple times and their replacements were also shit. He pretty much banished Rashford ffs. Elanga? You’re blaming him for playing a kid? Who should he have played?

Buddy these managers are completely handcuffed by a squad of shite and ownership that aren’t willing or able to make the overhaul that’s been 4 years overdue. Neither Ralf or ETH are to blame for McFred playing - They inherited this shite and have little to no other viable options until the assholes upstairs get the finger out.

If Ten Hag didn't know what a big job he had, he should now. It was better in the second half, but I really don't think the players deserve any credit for that considering it's the bare minimum that should be expected of them after such an atrocious first half.

A new season with a new manager should be an opportunity for the players to put last season behind them and have a fresh start. Instead we see the same old gutless, uninspired, disinterested performance from them. A bit of a mixed-bag from Martinez and some a few positive signs from Eriksen, but other than that there's nothing else that can be said really.

The only thing I'd criticise Ten Hag for was making the triple change so late. I'm not sure what you could expect from them with only a few minutes of normal time to go.

14 hours ago, TFIA said:

This is objectively false. He dropped one or all those players multiple times and their replacements were also shit. He pretty much banished Rashford ffs. Elanga? You’re blaming him for playing a kid? Who should he have played?

Buddy these managers are completely handcuffed by a squad of shite and ownership that aren’t willing or able to make the overhaul that’s been 4 years overdue. Neither Ralf or ETH are to blame for McFred playing - They inherited this shite and have little to no other viable options until the assholes upstairs get the finger out.

I've given a like due to your second paragraph that I agree on.

My quote 11/4/22

It sickens me to think next season our first XI line up could still consist of AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw, McFred  & Rashford because they are still contracted to to this club. How are we supposed to grow as a club and start competing with no significant change in that personnel?

Lots of you have said it we need to clear the squad entirely start from afresh and give the new man whether it's ETH or not SOLE control. If that doesn't happen no matter who takes over will be left with the same mess that hasn't changed much since 2014!

14 hours ago, Jay007 said:

If Ten Hag didn't know what a big job he had, he should now. It was better in the second half, but I really don't think the players deserve any credit for that considering it's the bare minimum that should be expected of them after such an atrocious first half.

A new season with a new manager should be an opportunity for the players to put last season behind them and have a fresh start. Instead we see the same old gutless, uninspired, disinterested performance from them. A bit of a mixed-bag from Martinez and some a few positive signs from Eriksen, but other than that there's nothing else that can be said really.

The only thing I'd criticise Ten Hag for was making the triple change so late. I'm not sure what you could expect from them with only a few minutes of normal time to go.

The same I witnessed with other manager at another place and the majority are not so positive on that coach.

With ETH could be  different and hope he wants to show to the crowd who are the players he want to to rely on in the future .

If his motives are different I will be worried a lot.

Few minutes as You said are not enough of course.