Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

44 minutes ago, CB78 said:

😂 you still haven't answered my question - 

that aside- my answer was pretty clear

Like for like replacing Ronaldo & his unique skill set we can't do this summer?

But it's overall team balance I'm looking at with the additional names I've given, 

1- Dembele or similar decent (if not star name) competition up front (along with building on encouraging signs from Martial & co. pre-season)

2- Mentioned a winger, a CM and a RIGHT-BACK because strengthening our right side & centre mid is a massive massive massive priority that'll improve team balance? 

We do the above (or similar) we'd be more balanced & better placed to execute Ten Haag type football?    I'd be confident we'd make up Ronaldo's goals from other areas & defend/attack better as a unit? 

Can't be any clearer than that? 

Replace proven quality with ‘this should work…’ 

Cool. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might want to update your avatar mate

He's teasing a tell all interview in a few weeks. How convenient that it's then and not now. After the window closes. If he stays, the spin will be that the media made everything up and he never

@O is a cunt, but he's right. Ronaldo is a hindrance on any new coach, he's too individualistic to help develop a style of play around. His ego and influence in the dressing room are huge and it'

Just now, JJtheRed said:

Replace proven quality with ‘this should work…’ 

Cool. 

no- 

Well documented pro's & con's with Ronaldo  (various, but without going into them all, the main one;  yes he'll get goals but you have to build a team around him to make up for his weakness's & play a system that suits him)

You either believe a few signings / more balanced team could make up for the loss of Ronaldo in another way or you don't

You clearly don't -  fine; 

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

What you posted is in no way relevant to what I asked / you quoted… 

Replace him with who?

It’s a very simple question - and those who so enthusiastically want rid of him must have several candidates…. 

First of all nobody wants a rid of him. He wants to leave.

2ndly If United were able to find proper strikers in order   Cavani and Greenwood to be replaced , Ronaldo's demands should be not the biggest issue on this day.

• aardvarked changed the title to Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

I really don’t understand- if reports are true clubs interested if no transfer fee involved 

If he really wants out so much;  Buy himself out!  £12m or so, done-  pocket change for him, put everyone out of there misery 

what’s so complicated?  

18 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

he's really thrown a spanner in the works of our pre-season.

I don’t know why people insist on completely ignoring his reasons. 

Makes even less sense when said reasons are why a lot of us are pissed off at the club.

Baffling. 

37 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Ronnie is a narcissist. Things are done for him, not by him. As much as I respect him as a player, he's really thrown a spanner in the works of our pre-season.

Something bigger in the pipeline,if Sky rumours can be trusted.

34 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Makes even less sense when said reasons are why a lot of us are pissed off at the club.

Baffling. 

That's not strictly the case. If he's trying to point out that the club is a shambles, that our transfer business is half-arsed, and that there's little to no chance of us competing for the title any time soon, then fair enough. He can do one of two things: stay and play his best to get us moving in the right direction or he can leave and pursue whatever personal goals he's seeking. He's done enough in the game already to have his name up there with the all-time greats so what is there to gain for him? He's contracted to United, maybe he should honour that and give his all.

21 minutes ago, 1Day said:

Something bigger in the pipeline,if Sky rumours can be trusted.

They can't. Sky lies.

2 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Ronnie is a narcissist. Things are done for him, not by him. As much as I respect him as a player, he's really thrown a spanner in the works of our pre-season.

2 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

Baffling. 

he knew we'd be in the europa months before last season ended yet he waited until a number of weeks ago to make his feelings known - vile individual

5 hours ago, hdcantona said:

he knew we'd be in the europa months before last season ended yet he waited until a number of weeks ago to make his feelings known - vile individual

What did we do in the time he was ‘waiting’?

Exactly fuck all - nothing to show we’re remotely interested in competing.

If it was all about Europa he’d have been off in May. 

Those parasites couldn’t have dreamt of such a high profile scapegoat / distraction falling into their lap.

The sheer number of our fans buying into it is nothing short of sad. 

14 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

Baffling. 

Understanding why he wants to leave & believing if he wants out then let him go are different things 

I totally understand why he wants to leave-  as a fan I'm totally disillusioned with this clubs decision making 

Do I respect his decision in wanting to leave?   Not sure?  It's hard to say without knowing actual discussions behind the scenes? 

On one hand Man UTD decision making has defo let him down, on the other I'd I've hoped a club legend at his stage of his career would've been more up for the fight/bit of club loyalty.   But if privy to what's actually been discussed between Ronald & Ten Haag I may think differently     

Edited by CB78
11 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

What did we do in the time he was ‘waiting’?

Exactly fuck all - nothing to show we’re remotely interested in competing.

If it was all about Europa he’d have been off in May. 

Those parasites couldn’t have dreamt of such a high profile scapegoat / distraction falling into their lap.

The sheer number of our fans buying into it is nothing short of sad. 

You say this yet Joel Glazer is basically the only reason we haven’t just cut him free