Jump to content

Non-United Transfers Summer 2022


Recommended Posts

Villa continue to be aggressive with their signings. Must be on seriously high wages, as is Coutinho.

I would have definitely taken a look at him - One of the most highly regarded prospects in Europe a few years ago although Marseille fans feel he's stagnated. The kind of player we'll sign from them for £70m in 3 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're making serious moves and paying big wages. Going for it. Apparently Luis Suarez is next. You get the feeling this could be for Gerrard what last year was for Ole - Raise the expectations to levels he can't reach. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Conte has confirmed he's staying at Spurs. 

My guy Perišić the primary target. Even at 33 I'd fancy him to kill it. Pure class.  

If they get a quality CB and some wing backs they'll be a force to be reckoned with. It's gonna be seriously competitive behind the big two. So many sides with European aspirations and so many changes. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talks that Bayern are close to signing Sadio Mane for around €30m.

It would be great to see Liverpool's team start to get broken up as they demand higher wages than FSG are unwilling to pay - The Salah contract situation still isn't resolved. There's no way they can sustain their record in the transfer market either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2022 at 07:26, O said:

Dortmund are buying really well:

  • Schlotterbeck
  • Süle
  • Adeyemi
  • Özcan

 

There's talk of Bellingham going to the dippers. Surely Dortmund won't let Haaland and Bellingham go at the same time would they? We should be in for players like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2022 at 16:15, TFIA said:

Talks that Bayern are close to signing Sadio Mane for around €30m.

It would be great to see Liverpool's team start to get broken up as they demand higher wages than FSG are unwilling to pay - The Salah contract situation still isn't resolved. There's no way they can sustain their record in the transfer market either. 

They've already been planning for things like this for awhile:

Jota (25)

Díaz (25)------------------------------------Salah (30)

Carvalho (20)---------Thiago (31)

Fabinho (28)

Robertson (28) van Dijk (31) Konaté (23) TAA (23)

Alisson (29)

It's still a formidable team with other young talents like Jones, Elliot, Gordon, Beck, etc. All U21.

They probably needed to cash in on 1 of Salah/Mané before their resale value drops completely.

I'd expect them to buy another CM as well. It looks like they'll miss out on Tchouaméni.

Cannonier scored 28 goals for their U18/U19s this season.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It keeps crumbling @O. VVD, Thiago and Fabinho all getting up there in age. That's their four best outfield players. 

Salah is exactly the type of player we'd sign on big wages only for his legs to be gone in the first training session. If he goes to City he'll be world class until he's 36. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TFIA said:

 

It keeps crumbling @O. VVD, Thiago and Fabinho all getting up there in age. That's their four best outfield players. 

Salah is exactly the type of player we'd sign on big wages only for his legs to be gone in the first training session. If he goes to City he'll be world class until he's 36. 

Salah will sign a new deal. Letting Mané go will allow that.

I'd expect an evolution of sorts there. Klopp has been adding more technical players recently. Elliot, Thiago and now Fábio Carvalho are very different to Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, etc. They keep the ball for longer now. It's less Heavy Metal. Elliot would have played a bigger role had he not broken his leg. He was starting games at the start of the season.

Tchouaméni or Bellingham are what they need to replace Henderson long term. They'll push hard for Bellingham next year. They are obviously not lacking ambition, as they approached both Tchouaméni and Mbappé for this summer.

30 is not a death notice these days. Players are playing at a very high level for longer. Probably because of PEDs. 28/29 is the perfect age for a DM, so Fabinho is fine. A CB being 31 is no issue either. Thiago's main concern is being injury prone. His style of play will allow him to play a high level for a few more years.

Jones (21), Elliot (19) and Fábio Carvalho (19) is a strong group of young midfield options.

They have good full-backs coming through as well. Beck (19) and Bradley (18). They'll probably cash in on Neco and promote Bradley to Trent's understudy. He already has 5 caps for Northern Ireland.

Liverpool will crumble the day Klopp leaves. They'll be fine until that day.

They do need to spend well this summer though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, O said:

Salah will sign a new deal. Letting Mané go will allow that.

I'd expect an evolution of sorts there. Klopp has been adding more technical players recently. Elliot, Thiago and now Fábio Carvalho are very different to Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, etc. They keep the ball for longer now. It's less Heavy Metal. Elliot would have played a bigger role had he not broken his leg. He was starting games at the start of the season.

Tchouaméni or Bellingham are what they need to replace Henderson long term. They'll push hard for Bellingham next year. They are obviously not lacking ambition, as they approached both Tchouaméni and Mbappé for this summer.

30 is not a death notice these days. Players are playing at a very high level for longer. Probably because of PEDs. 28/29 is the perfect age for a DM, so Fabinho is fine. A CB being 31 is no issue either. Thiago's main concern is being injury prone. His style of play will allow him to play a high level for a few more years.

Jones (21), Elliot (19) and Fábio Carvalho (19) is a strong group of young midfield options.

They have good full-backs coming through as well. Beck (19) and Bradley (18). They'll probably cash in on Neco and promote Bradley to Trent's understudy. He already has 5 caps for Northern Ireland.

Liverpool will crumble the day Klopp leaves. They'll be fine until that day.

They do need to spend well this summer though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We'll see. Not sure they'll break their wage structure for him. He wants to be the 6th highest paid player in world football. 400k a week.  

Players age better at different teams seemingly. Everyone dies before 30 at United - RVP, Rooney, Alexis, Mata, Matic, Varane - Imagine how different things would have been if they retained their peak form until they were 33/34.

VVD is older than Varane and like Varane he's very reliant on his athleticism but I'm sure Liverpool will keep him on the stuff. Thiago hasn't made over 20 starts in the league since 2019 and has never in his career made more than 26. 

They have some exciting prospects and guys like Jota have been nice squad players but it's one thing to be a useful piece of a great team and another to be a mainstay. Jota isn't good enough to play every week IMO, not to Salah/Mane's level - Carvalho has a lot to prove. They'll have to do some good business over the next two years to keep pace with City, who I think are about to establish a decade of dominance. 

They've been good at finding a suitable players for their system but it's hard to replace world class talent, especially when they aren't the biggest spenders. I think they'll be priced out of Bellingham - Chelsea and City will be right there and will offer more. United managed to stay competitive after losing Ronaldo/Tevez but it was never the same and it was pretty obvious we weren't going to compete for long - The value of getting Evra, Vidic and VDS for what we did just wasn't sustainable. That was the beginning of the end more so than Ferguson retiring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TFIA said:

We'll see. Not sure they'll break their wage structure for him. He wants to be the 6th highest paid player in world football. 400k a week.  

Players age better at different teams seemingly. Everyone dies before 30 at United - RVP, Rooney, Alexis, Mata, Matic, Varane - Imagine how different things would have been if they retained their peak form until they were 33/34.

VVD is older than Varane and like Varane he's very reliant on his athleticism but I'm sure Liverpool will keep him on the stuff. Thiago hasn't made over 20 starts in the league since 2019 and has never in his career made more than 26. 

They have some exciting prospects and guys like Jota have been nice squad players but it's one thing to be a useful piece of a great team and another to be a mainstay. Jota isn't good enough to play every week IMO, not to Salah/Mane's level - Carvalho has a lot to prove. They'll have to do some good business over the next two years to keep pace with City, who I think are about to establish a decade of dominance. 

They've been good at finding a suitable players for their system but it's hard to replace world class talent, especially when they aren't the biggest spenders. I think they'll be priced out of Bellingham - Chelsea and City will be right there and will offer more. United managed to stay competitive after losing Ronaldo/Tevez but it was never the same and it was pretty obvious we weren't going to compete for long - The value of getting Evra, Vidic and VDS for what we did just wasn't sustainable. That was the beginning of the end more so than Ferguson retiring. 

Konaté's recovery pace will prolong van Dijk. They took a gamble on him considering his injury record. He's a monster. Great planning once again.

Liverpool will be aware of that. Thiago will always be limited to 35 odd games a season. They need to get Curtis Jones for and give him a run of games. The Ox/ Keïta probably need to be moved on to make that happen. The Ox would be my bet.

Jota has already replaced Firmino pretty effortlessly. His link play isn't the same, but he's a much better goalscorer. Carvalho can become their new Coutinho. They never replaced him directly. Having a Carvalho/Elliot in midfield helps minimise Jota's weaknesses. Firmino had to drop in to help with the buildup due to Liverpool having more workhorses than technicians in midfield.

League titles will be hard to come by. Domestic cups and The CL are what they have a chance in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Liverpool have rejected a deal worth £30m for Senegal forward Sadio Mane from Bayern Munich.

The Reds have been left bemused after the German club returned with the offer after an initial bid, reported to be worth up to £25m, was turned down.

Liverpool are understood to want about €50m (£42.8m) for 30-year-old Mane considering Bayern's similar valuation of 33-year-old Robert Lewandowski.

 

Apparently the conditions for the extra £5m was that Bayern win the Champions League multiple times and Mane wins the Balon d'Or multiple times lmao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TFIA said:

Apparently the conditions for the extra £5m was that Bayern win the Champions League multiple times and Mane wins the Balon d'Or multiple times lmao. 

He only has a year left on his deal and will be 31 by the end of it.

Liverpool should settle at £35 million.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

[Sport1] Barcelona president Joan Laporta called Robert Lewandowski's agent Pini Zahavi in the past few days and thanked the striker for his public statements. The Catalans are happy with how tirelessly Lewandowski is insisting on a move to the Camp Nou

Is there a more shameless organisation in sports?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

I don't mind missing out on this one given the legal situation around him tbh - we have enough alleged offenders for now 

Cop-out.
 

We’re being embarrassed by all around us! Even Villa showing us how it’s done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...