26 goals in 28 games for Benfica 

6 goals in ECL 

I'll be honest don't know a great deal but having you tubed him he does look exciting especially this season. But the Portuguese League is no comparison to the EPL. Looks better than Rashford in any case..which isn't that hard tbf! 😂

Manchester United's hopes of signing Darwin Nunez have been given a boost after the Benfica striker's personal advisers gave an indication where the player's future may lie.

So far no-one has come close to Benfica’s valuation and the Portuguese giants have tied him down to a contract until 2025 with a £130m buy-out clause.The figure of around £70m is a more likely target with Benfica likely to be ready to sell at the right price. 

Newcastle and Wolves have also shown interest, Brighton have scouted him in the past but now his valuation puts him in the market of Europe’s top clubs.

I don't rate him that highly. He's a goalscorer and has some fantastic physical qualities. But way too raw.

If you think Bruno is careless on the ball, what until you see this guy.

I'd compare his style as similar to DCL. He can run the channels well and is good in the air. Just very raw. Everything is off the cuff. Not someone I would associate with ten Hag.

It's a risky transfer. A player who needs time to develop. 

Schick or Nkunku would be my preference.

Can't get excited about any signing! they'll all start with a blank slate as far as I'm concerned, United players need to work before they get any credit, not think they've made it because they have signed for us, it should be viewed as a privilege that demands graft, not seen as a good pension....rant over. 

4 hours ago, hdcantona said:

He's my transfer crush this year so it probably won't happen, apologies in advance for when he's banging them in for chelsea

Nunez is more likely than any other ST we're linked with in honesty.

Its looking like Timber, Nunez, and someone like Pau. Talk of Sosa, but probably just agents chatting. 

Eitherway, it'll be a drawn out transfer window. Every deal will feel like its taking forever. We'll sign 2 maybe 3 players. And our season will go to the shitter by November.

When in reality, we need about 6 players minimum this summer.

10 hours ago, rezzy said:

Nunez is more likely than any other ST we're linked with in honesty.

Its looking like Timber, Nunez, and someone like Pau. Talk of Sosa, but probably just agents chatting. 

Eitherway, it'll be a drawn out transfer window. Every deal will feel like its taking forever. We'll sign 2 maybe 3 players. And our season will go to the shitter by November.

When in reality, we need about 6 players minimum this summer.

couldn't agree more but could see us ending up with DCL rather than Nunez

12 hours ago, O said:

Why though?

I like his physicality, I think he has a lot to his game, his finishing technique is immense, dribbles better than he gets credit for too imo - I think he could be moulded to suit ETH

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

couldn't agree more but could see us ending up with DCL rather than Nunez

I like his physicality, I think he has a lot to his game, his finishing technique is immense, dribbles better than he gets credit for too imo - I think he could be moulded to suit ETH

If we sign DCL and Richarlison (or one or the other), we're actually just Arsenal at this point. Except, they're on the upturn now.

Both are good players. But we need better.

Richarlison hasnt really improved much in years, and hes playing as a forward more recently. DCL has had 1 decent season, hes 25 and has been injured all year.

Not so strangely enough, they'd both probably cost the same or more than Nunez. Prem tax.

3 hours ago, hdcantona said:

We already have lots of left side heavy players in Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Bruno and Ronaldo. Pogba too but he's leaving.

We need a technically sound all rounder to play ST.

ten Hag's three mains strikers during his Ajax tenure have been Huntelaar, Tadić (false 9) and Haller. Very different to Darwin.

DCL is less of a risk than Darwin who could end up being an Óscar Cardozo/Jackson Martínez/Islam Slimani. And I wouldn't want him either.

We need to avoid these expensive signings.

Bruno and Darwin together would be genuine terrorism.

According to Ornstein we're very interested as are a lot of other clubs.

There were silly reports of fees similar to João Félix but Ornstein has said the fee should be around €60m. If he's available for that fee I think he's a pretty obvious target.

Had a phenomenal season in Portugal. Seems like the next great Uruguayan player. Definitely a bit of a risk though as he's only had one excellent year in a pretty poor league. 

Seems a bit of a strange one given he's more of a Mourinho type player but Ten Hag loved Haller at Ajax this year so may want that target man. He's an absolute beast but quite limited technically. I think he'd be pretty polarising here similar to Lukaku. 

PSG have entered the biding according to foreign sources.

Boy has a huge decision to make PSG guaranteed league and domestic cups , Champions League Football and playing with 3 superstars......

......or playing for a club that will probably be competing in the Conference League, zero chance of winning their domestic league and not won a trophy for 5 years....massive and a difficult decision of the lad. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

43 minutes ago, TFIA said:

No accented spelling. No party. 

Merged (with the accents)

47 minutes ago, O said:

There's already a thread, dumbass.

Agreed though. I don't want him. He's way too raw.

my irrational transfer obsession for this year so he's basically nailed to either go elsewhere and shine, or come here and flop

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

He literally hired mendes for a move to England…

watch pool get him and he’ll be incredible 

Hopefully. He won't be here, so no point in ruining his career just to satisfy your thirst.

I'm hoping Newcastle get him.

7 hours ago, O said:

Hopefully. He won't be here, so no point in ruining his career just to satisfy your thirst.

I'm hoping Newcastle get him.

He turned Newcastle down months ago - suspect it's us or wait for Pool to sell Mane and buy him - hopefully we get him 

Are Utd seriously going to get a plan going,there are quite a few clubs now that can pay top wages,so Utd need to use a different strategy in acquiring the right type of player to make the difference needed to compete and go forward.

An experienced goalkeeper to tie Utd over until they can locate a new talent.

One brute of a CB,which can be purchased from any PL team,as they are all better than UTDs,an experienced MF player who can dictate the game is,also available in PL ,and a strong ball holding striker,also available in PL,

All these signings would gladly come too play for Utd and would make a hugh impact.

Edited by 1Day
1 hour ago, 1Day said:

Are Utd seriously going to get a plan going,there are quite a few clubs now that can pay top wages,so Utd need to use a different strategy in acquiring the right type of player to make the difference needed to compete and go forward.

An experienced goalkeeper to tie Utd over until they can locate a new talent.

One brute of a CB,which can be purchased from any PL team,as they are all better than UTDs,an experienced MF player who can dictate the game is,also available in PL ,and a strong ball holding striker,also available in PL,

All these signings would gladly come too play for Utd and would make a hugh impact.

It'll be all city and Newcastle in a few years unless other clubs can accrue a bottomless pit of wealth. Teams that challenge them will otherwise need an elite manager like klopp, clough or fergie.