On 04/08/2022 at 19:20, Albert Quixall said:

The new owner will want to come in and flex his muscles. What better statement of intent than to buy United's primary target? Chelsea are well-off for midfielders but they've never had a problem selling players. We just can't seem to get it together at all.

Agree

ps

While trying to buy United's primery target ,Alonso could leave and join Barcelona and that strange footballer Cucurella ,,becomes a blue" OMG .

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/cucurella-becomes-a-blue

They will miss Abramovich tbh.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That doesn't count for anything unless the club "steeped in Prestige" has a realistic chance of competing for honours.  Nobody would have chosen Liverpool over United until recently unless they h

It's only natural. We're Pavlov's dogs at this point.  

From a worker’s rights perspective he should absolutely dig his heels in as much as he possibly can. Corporations worth billions refusing to honor their contracts should be heads-on-pikes shit. 

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Ahhh give it up already lads, I'm actually done with this now.

We've been played like fools.

Top player and all that, but it's clear as day where he wants to play football.

Move on already.

Didn’t say he’s definitely coming here, but they do have to sell him to register their new signings. 

Per Ornstein:

Barcelona have told Frenkie de Jong they want to annul his existing contract and return to the deal he was on before, alleging the terms given

The Catalan side have serious financial problems and among the ways they are trying to improve matters is by selling De Jong or reaching an agreement with him over deferred wages he is owed.

There has so far been no sign of a compromise between the 25-year-old Netherlands midfielder and his employers

According to sources in Spain, Barcelona wrote to De Jong on July 15 claiming to have found evidence of criminal actions on behalf of the parties who signed his renewal on October 20, 2020.

It is believed to then express Barcelona’s wish to rescind the deal and proceed with De Jong’s career at the Camp Nou under the conditions agreed when he arrived from Ajax in January 2019.

It was a two-year extension until 2026 that is reported to have reduced his salary for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons, leaving €18million (£15.2m, $18.3m) to be spread across the subsequent four campaigns.

The Athletic understands the previous board are confident in the legality of the contract De Jong signed in 2020

Chelsea have a firm interest and while it is understood they are yet to submit a formal bid, sources indicate they are prepared to fund the transfer fee and cover the salary debt should De Jong pick a switch to Stamford Bridge.

LMAO

What a fucking scumbag club.

8 hours ago, Piazza said:

From a worker’s rights perspective he should absolutely dig his heels in as much as he possibly can. Corporations worth billions refusing to honor their contracts should be heads-on-pikes shit. 

They’re trying to ditch Braithwaite without paying up his contract - as if that wasn’t scummy enough; it’s been “leaked” that he’s got $millions in US property so ‘doesn’t need the money’ 🤣🤣🤣

Chelsea wait on Frenkie de Jong decision after nearing agreement with Barcelona

Chelsea are close to reaching an agreement with Barcelona over a transfer fee for Frenkie de Jong, with the west London club now awaiting the midfielder’s decision.

De Jong, 25, is believed to prefer a move to Stamford Bridge over Manchester United, who have been pursuing the midfielder all summer, but remains uncertain on his future.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-wait-on-frenkie-de-jong-decision-after-nearing-agreement-with-barcelona-d8dw9bkw9

If only someone saw this shit coming...

There's all sorts of conflicting reports - A Tier 1 dutch journalist [Marcell van der Kraan, Telegraaf] has said today that United agreed personal terms with De Jong weeks ago. Contract is agreed. The issue has been the €19m he's due to make from Barca that he feels he's earned which he's refusing to leave on the table. 

Tbh this is what I always felt was the case, as incompetent as United are it's insane that you'd pursue a player for so long if they're indicating there's no chance they'll come. But fuck at this point we just need to drop whatever other players we're pursuing and pay him the deferred money ourselves. For whatever reason we seem completely unwilling to do that, to the point where most feel the deal is now dead and hence we're moving on to other names. A debacle. 

Just pay the money and if it means missing out on fucking Rabiot or Gakpo then so be it

10 minutes ago, TFIA said:

There's all sorts of conflicting reports - A Tier 1 dutch journalist [Marcell van der Kraan, Telegraaf] has said today that United agreed personal terms with De Jong weeks ago. Contract is agreed. The issue has been the €19m he's due to make from Barca that he feels he's earned which he's refusing to leave on the table. 

Tbh this is what I always felt was the case, as incompetent as United are it's insane that you'd pursue a player for so long if they're indicating there's no chance they'll come. But fuck at this point we just need to drop whatever other players we're pursuing and pay him the deferred money ourselves. For whatever reason we seem completely unwilling to do that, to the point where most feel the deal is now dead and hence we're moving on to other names. A debacle. 

Just pay the money and if it means missing out on fucking Rabiot or Gakpo then so be it

I don't buy it - he was feeding BS about Sneijder before, I think we're desperate enough to have paid those deferred wages by now if we could do it to get him over the line tbh 

Chelsea probably will and I guarantee he scores against us 

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

I don't buy it - he was feeding BS about Sneijder before, I think we're desperate enough to have paid those deferred wages by now if we could do it to get him over the line tbh 

Chelsea probably will and I guarantee he scores against us 

I just see it as United aren't giving up.

When all of this started weeks ago, it was said that personal terms would be easy. Some even said he was taking a wage cut to join United.

All of these reports seem to be milking old news. His agent will probably present proposals from both clubs, then it's up to him to decide. 

I'd say it's 50/50. 

1 hour ago, O said:

When all of this started weeks ago, it was said that personal terms would be easy. Some even said he was taking a wage cut to join United.

All of these reports seem to be milking old news. His agent will probably present proposals from both clubs, then it's up to him to decide. 

I'd say it's 50/50. 

Everything is 50-50 at Utd

2 hours ago, O said:

I'd say it's 50/50. 

London & CL football >> ETH

It's at best 70-30

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

London & CL football >> ETH

It's at best 70-30

I would also rather play for Tuchel than Ten Hag.

I think the only advantage United have in this (apart from the usual guarantee of silly money) is that they made him a priority whereas with Chelsea he's more of an afterthought. Could end up like Saul.

I'd still fancy Chelsea. United is too much of a shit show at this moment in time.

7 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I would also rather play for Tuchel than Ten Hag.

I think the only advantage United have in this (apart from the usual guarantee of silly money) is that they made him a priority whereas with Chelsea he's more of an afterthought. Could end up like Saul.

I'd still fancy Chelsea. United is too much of a shit show at this moment in time.

ETH moulded / brought him through to be the player Barca coveted so I think ETH is a win over Tuchel as far as FDJ goes but it's the only thing we've got

13 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

ETH moulded / brought him through to be the player Barca coveted so I think ETH is a win over Tuchel as far as FDJ goes but it's the only thing we've got

True. I see your point.

Tuchel is one of the best coaches in the world though, it's also something different. I guess it comes down to personality and how intense an impression Ten Hag had on De Jong.