Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The poor, poor bastard having to deal with this shitshow.  Be happy to give him four years at a minimum to put his stamp on the club overall, no matter where we drop to. This squad needs to be en

Nonsense. He's probably been warned by Ralf and others of the absolute cesspool he's walking into. You curb the influence of the existing culture by reinforcing your own. Bringing in his former p

If the “mistake” was thinking anyone could get that pack of cunts to play, then yeah, they made a mistake…  They'll throw Poch under the very next bus.   I thought @O and @TFIA were exagge

Seen a preview for an interview ETH done with Neville & Carragher, which will air on Monday Night Football.

Looks to get a bit if a grilling I would say. Carragher has it in for Martinez big time, unfairly. Neville questions the recruitment & the Ronaldo situation.

No way Ole would have got questions like that in an interview from Neville. Seems a bit unfair that ETH is getting questioned like that after 2 games in the Premier League.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maru said:

Seems to me the truly scary thing is that none of the players appear to want to impress the new boss. Maybe his best tactic at this point - to motivate them - is to start firing guys.

Players don't rate the new boss. They wanted Poch. Ten Hag isn't going to last here unless he starts getting rid of the troublemakers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Players don't rate the new boss. They wanted Poch. Ten Hag isn't going to last here unless he starts getting rid of the troublemakers.

Were  he to do that we'd have nobody left to start in the scouse game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

If it’s not his first 11 yet,then sure ain’t his 2nd 11 either,let’s see where ETH goes from here,maybe he will mix the odd youngster,with mostly  a better team than today,He will just need to rest Varane,Lisandro,Malecia,Rashford,Eriksen,Bruno,and Mctominay,just before European games,after 55 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think comments like these do United or himself any favours.

The xG was low. 0.91 to their 0.88.

If Sancho was a penalty, then so was Varane on Wilson.

United might have finished the game stronger... but yeah, you're Manchester United. Their starting wide men were Jacob Murphy and Almirón. 

Imagine them countering us with the pace and trickery of ASM and Isak, had they been available. Bruno Guimarães went off injured as well.

Bad result. Average performance. No need to deflect.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Deez Nutz said:

Would be interested to know who would rather have Conte in charge, now that ETH has been at the helm for a bit?

ten Hag is a better manager for the long term.

Conte's had a rough few weeks, but it's not like Spurs are stacked with elite players. They've picked up the likes of Perisis on a free, and loaned in Lenglet as a stopgap instead of signing a LCB like Bastoni/Gvaridol who are their top targets for the position.

Bissouma has underwhelmed so far. Højbjerg and Bentancur are the two best aspects of this Spurs side. They represent Conte's character on the pitch.

If they're going to play with wing backs, they really need to upgrade on their ones. Emerson is woeful and Sessegnon is too inconsistent. Djed Spence was a club signing. Conte doesn't rate him at all.

Kulusevski returning from injury will be key for them. Son has lost his mojo.

They need a new GK, a LCB, RWB and creative CM/AM in order to compete with Arsenal and City.

ten Hag dis inherit some good players and was then allowed to spend huge amounts on Casemiro and Antony. United have the better squad overall.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great recent 2 games for ten Shags.

His subs choices on Thursday night didn't work.

Ajax fans say that he doesn't like to rotate too much, and it showed in these past 2 games. Eriksen was woeful vs Sociedad. He's clearly tired and it showed again today. He trusted McTominay at one point, but clearly not anymore. Eriksen played the full game today.

Dalot is having to play a serious amount of minutes as well. Dúbravka might as well be still at Newcastle. He hasn't gotten a look in. Maybe be will finally get a game in The League Cup on Wednesday night.

Captaining Ronaldo was bizarre. This is a guy who has been actively trying to leave the club... and has been involved in multiple discipline breaches. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad. I'm surprised, as ten Hag has handled any discipline related problems really well.

The squad depth is lacking. With Varane, Bruno and Antony out, it suddenly looked a lot more bare.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, O said:

Not a great recent 2 games for ten Shags.

His subs choices on Thursday night didn't work.

Ajax fans say that he doesn't like to rotate too much, and it showed in these past 2 games. Eriksen was woeful vs Sociedad. He's clearly tired and it showed again today. He trusted McTominay at one point, but clearly not anymore. Eriksen played the full game today.

Dalot is having to play a serious amount of minutes as well. Dúbravka might as well be still at Newcastle. He hasn't gotten a look in. Maybe be will finally get a game in The League Cup on Wednesday night.

Captaining Ronaldo was bizarre. This is a guy who has been actively trying to leave the club... and has been involved in multiple discipline breaches. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad. I'm surprised, as ten Hag has handled any discipline related problems really well.

The squad depth is lacking. With Varane, Bruno and Antony out, it suddenly looked a lot more bare.

 

 

 

Always difficult to tell if it's a trust thing or trying to send a message to the board (e.g Maguire up top v Sociedad) but yeah having IMO outperformed expectations to some extent (after a horrific first 2 games) he's not done well last two games

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Always difficult to tell if it's a trust thing or trying to send a message to the board (e.g Maguire up top v Sociedad) but yeah having IMO outperformed expectations to some extent (after a horrific first 2 games) he's not done well last two games

He's done well in the big games through countering (bar Spurs).

City was obviously a disaster.

It's the games against these midtable teams that he's struggled. Brighton, Brentford, Southampton, West Ham and Villa were bad performances. 2 wins out of 5, when it could easily have been 2 points out of 15. Sociedad made it very difficult over both games as well.

Any team with good organisation and 2-3 players with quality can pick us off on their day. That's what Villa did today. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, O said:

He's done well in the big games through countering (bar Spurs).

City was obviously a disaster.

It's the games against these midtable teams that he's struggled. Brighton, Brentford, Southampton, West Ham and Villa were bad performances. 2 wins out of 5, when it could easily have been 2 points out of 15. Sociedad made it very difficult over both games as well.

Any team with good organisation and 2-3 players with quality can pick us off on their day. That's what Villa did today. 

 

 

I don't think this is a pattern. We played in the same manner against Chelsea too. Ten Hag was incrementally transitioned us from counter attacking football and the difference is discernible. It started against Leicester, but we were still showing signs of being set in our ways by that point.

Most of those fixtures were pre-Casemiro coming in to the side too. Varane is also a factor. Today, Martinez had to do a lot of covering for Lindelof. Fernandes was missing and so were our wingers. Sancho and Antony may not be creative but the press is different with them in the side.

So I think your take is untested so far. What is more accurate, I think, is that our first 11 is looking elite (though it's too little games to say) but the squad is a mix of needs further coaching and needing to move players on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alexander said:

I don't think this is a pattern. We played in the same manner against Chelsea too. Ten Hag was incrementally transitioned us from counter attacking football and the difference is discernible. It started against Leicester, but we were still showing signs of being set in our ways by that point.

Most of those fixtures were pre-Casemiro coming in to the side too. Varane is also a factor. Today, Martinez had to do a lot of covering for Lindelof. Fernandes was missing and so were our wingers. Sancho and Antony may not be creative but the press is different with them in the side.

So I think your take is untested so far. What is more accurate, I think, is that our first 11 is looking elite (though it's too little games to say) but the squad is a mix of needs further coaching and needing to move players on.

 

How many need moving on do you reckon?

On 03/11/2022 at 05:11, Deez Nutz said:

Would be interested to know who would rather have Conte in charge, now that ETH has been at the helm for a bit?

Ffs, think I'd even go for Sneeky stevie gee, at the moment. Full pun intended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Eth is a long term appointment. He should be given at least three transfer windows to implement the changes necessary and even then it'd be optimistic to expect us to win the title. Games like yesterday are depressing but overall there have been improvements.

I'm only jesting.

But he can't hide behind a rebuild forever either. It's an expensive squad. After another few signings, he needs to start competing. 2 seasons to build.

It took Pep a season. It took Klopp 18 months. It's taken Arteta 2.5 seasons.

ten Hag is inheriting better players than what Klopp and Arteta started with.

70+ points in The PL is a must.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online


×
×
  • Create New...