• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The poor, poor bastard having to deal with this shitshow.  Be happy to give him four years at a minimum to put his stamp on the club overall, no matter where we drop to. This squad needs to be en

Nonsense. He's probably been warned by Ralf and others of the absolute cesspool he's walking into. You curb the influence of the existing culture by reinforcing your own. Bringing in his former p

If the “mistake” was thinking anyone could get that pack of cunts to play, then yeah, they made a mistake…  They'll throw Poch under the very next bus.   I thought @O and @TFIA were exagge

Sack with immediate effect.

Anymore of this and the Sack Watch thread will be up an running. 😉 He's made his first very big and ill thought out mistake in appointing Maguire!

"But he is an established captain for a few years and he has achieved a lot of success, so I don't doubt about this issue.”

Its the underlined part that really irks me scripted by Arnold and Co. I daresay. I was so looking forward to this new era.

It's been refreshing to see a proper football coach take charge of trainings and not one going around with a stupid smerk on his face being all mates with the players.

Have only seen clips, but it's enough to convince me that this squad is not having it easy in any sort of way. It'll become clear quite quickly who's going to buy into the new managers methods and who won't - this is a good thing.

Again, it's early days & it's only short snippets, but the signs are promising that we've got a proper modern day coach with a clear vision of how he wants to play and if this club backs him fully for these next 3 full seasons, maybe just maybe, we'll be close to competing for the big trophies again.

I'm excited to watch the first pre-season game now against Liverpool. Interested to see how the team plays.

In a recent interview, he was asked about bringing in a new midfielder in this transfer window. Obviously de Jong being the main target - but ETH insisted that if we can't bring in the right player to fit the position he wants, we'll develop another player to fill the role.

They're words of a proper football manager. I'm starting to have some hope again about the future of this club with this man in charge.

I do genuinely believe that some of the players already at the club will improve alot under the new coaching team. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

In a recent interview, he was asked about bringing in a new midfielder in this transfer window. Obviously de Jong being the main target - but ETH insisted that if we can't bring in the right player to fit the position he wants, we'll develop another player to fill the role.

They're words of a proper football manager. I'm starting to have some hope again about the future of this club with this man in charge.

I do genuinely believe that some of the players already at the club will improve alot under the new coaching team. 

AKA it's Frenkie or bust is what I took from that

I like the tone of Ten Hag's press conference-  

i.e. very clearly stressing we need more signings,

not "if someone's available",  "trust the clubs process", "this is a long term rebuild" etc etc- (Solskjaer type Cliché's)

pragmatic, realistic, to the point,  that's good evidence he'll manage up well & put pressure on the board to do there job properly 

UTD board must look around at what other clubs are doing & realise this is a summer they can't afford to get wrong -  

Edited by CB78

He's still sounding out for more signings, which is great to hear. Just hoping he's putting that pressure needed on the United board behind the scenes to make this happen.

Still think if we can offload a few more players from this squad currently, we'll bring in a couple of new signings in this window yet. Need to get the de Jong deal done very soon or swiftly move on to other targets. Also need to resolve the Ronaldo situation.

Conte has got the Spurs board to make 6 new signings during this transfer window, so I'm sure ten Hag can get at least another 2 players in the door before the window closes.

ETH is the best signing Utd have had post Saf.

He will revive the front 3 of Martial,Rashford and Sancho,hopefully be able to bring in fresh upcoming talent with the right profile to increase the squad from this and other windows.

His big achievement will be to get Utd into a UCL spot,that will open up the floodgates for fresh talented players 

• 2 weeks later...

A poor team selection ,along with being affected by the medias query on ,If Martial is injured then who will you play,ie Ronaldo,and what does he do,gave a great answer,but then put Eriksen up top,total waste of His true talent,He had options,the youngsters at least a few of them will give you great first half,that’s all you need to get a foothold,a lead,Why would you not start with your best performers over the preseason,Erik will learn that the engine of a team is it’s Midfield,(not that he doesn’t know it)you can have all the best strikers in the world,but if your midfield,lacks intelligence,lacks ball holding skills,lacks precision when passing,then just a donkey won’t do,you should be able to construct play from that area of the pitch,Bar Eriksen,Ronaldo,and maybe the two new signings,all others are not intelligent footballers,they are just good footballers,that’s not most of them ,btw.

If Ten Haag’s any sense- he needs to be absolutely demanding board gets required 3/4 further signings over the line & quick

Get some quality in / pretend to have some ambition, a fighting chance of a respectful season and keep fanbase onside (for a while)

that doesn’t happen, OT/fanbase/media will become toxic & pressure unbare-able very very very quickly 

To go with McFred was criminal I know there is argument that was what he has been left with and yes to an extent I agree.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he went for the experience rather than throw Garner and VDB in. 

The danger is we all know that those 2 are not fit for the jersey so he has a catch 22 does he continue to play them ahead of youth and someone who has been a bit part player in VDB or does he bin them off with immediate effect or does he wait for new signings by which time we could have conceivably lost 3 games.

If IF we are to go by what his philosophy is and style of football McFred would be nowhere near the line up and are not the type of players that would be able to follow his vision.

In my opinion he must have seen enough of them last season, in pre-season and in a proper match yesterday so it will be, AGAIN in my opinion, saying he doesn't trust any  midfielders other than those two if he goes with them from the start against Brentford.

It means he will be as complicit as any manager previously who has picked them by default. If he was worth his mettle he would drop them immediately and start with VDB and Garner or fit in another attacker going with Bruno(debateble but gets a final pass) Eriksen and VDB/Garner. I mean how can they be possibly worse than McFred?

He has to be his own man and not rely on "The Shit" anymore otherwise he'll get fucked over time and time again by being over reliant on players we know have been given so many chances and yet failed us every single time. 

GOD I hate fucking McFred hate them with a passion.

PS: You could insert Fernandes, Rashford, AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Dalot, Lindelof & DDG easily in the scenario above.

It's a huge problem for Ten Hag and may take 4 maybe 5 Transfer windows to get anywhere near a competitive side again.

41 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

I wouldn't be surprised if ETH was gone before the end of the season. I'm not basing this on one result but on what has transpired at the club since he arrived. A good manager can only tolerate incompetence for so long before he walks or blows up.

Don’t think it’d be that soon but he’s definitely been swindled 

31 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

I wouldn't be surprised if ETH was gone before the end of the season. I'm not basing this on one result but on what has transpired at the club since he arrived. A good manager can only tolerate incompetence for so long before he walks or blows up.

Wouldn't surprise me either-  he needs & deserves a very strong transfer window & so far looks like the Board don't have that in them; 

If the board let him down I think we'll see a horribly toxic situation unfolding very quickly - negative pressure will be unbearable 

This is big club management in the strongest (IMO) premier league ever!   You don't get to long term rebuild at your own pace. 

You need to be pro-active, fast, sharp, mixing signings for long term planning & short term results.   UTD don't seem to grasp this, yr after yr they invite negative pressure through bad planning & decision making 

12 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Don’t think it’d be that soon but he’s definitely been swindled 

Not many. How could he not have seen this coming?

3 minutes ago, CB78 said:

You need to be pro-active, fast, sharp, mixing signings for long term planning & short term results.   UTD don't seem to grasp this, yr after yr they invite negative pressure through bad planning & decision making 

I think the Glazers believe that a club as big as United, with the standing and history we have, can never fail. They're in for a shock if that's the case.