Our recruitment moving forward

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#mufc’s chief scout, Jim Lawlor, and Marcel Bout, the head of global scouting, have both left the club   the men that scouted 800 RBs and narrowed it down to the two young English RBs in the pr

I've got to say, I'm really surprised by this - I didn't think we actually had a scouting department.

Sorry, but Fergie has to shoulder some of the blame for this mess. Left Moyes with a team that was on the decline, refused to address the midfield problem that is still a problem 9 years later, and st

https://www.90min.com/posts/ralf-rangnick-reveals-man-utd-board-blocked-request-to-sign-striker-in-january

"There were a few: Diaz who is now at Liverpool, Alvarez who will be at Man City in the summer, Vlahovic who at the time was with Fiorentina.

"So those are just three of them that come across my mind now. The answer was no and that was it. We were still in three competitions: the FA Cup, the Champions League, at the time were fourth in the league.

"I spoke to the board and told them: ‘Shouldn’t we at least speak and analyse and find if we can at least get a player, on loan or a permanent deal?’ In the end the answer was no.

"Maybe they didn’t want to do any winter [business]. 48 hours is 48 hours. It might have been at least worth to try and internally discuss it. We didn’t."

what a WONDIFEROUS decision by the board. amazing management!

players leaving: Mata, Matic, Cavani

players finally leaving: Pogba, Lingard, Jones, Grant

players possibly leaving: Henderson, Bailly, Martial, Rashford

that i would say is a great clear out if all those happens. club can get some fees but not that much considering how many will be gone. however in terms of wages that's a great clear out. that however leaves some places short specially defence and attack. and we already need 2 midfielders. is the club willing to buy more than 5 players? i don't think even with the new management and scout personnel we will so more than 4 new arrivals. i think the board will try to convince Henderson and Rashford and one of the Bailly/Jones to stay which i find to be an absolute idiotic move specially Jones and Trash.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Over billion spent on players since Fergie left the building,demanding big names, and getting big names,and not getting nothing in return footballing wise,has been a pain in the arse,this window looks like Utd could start to become a proper club again.

• 3 weeks later...

ETH poor chap welcome to Manchester United.

Tielmans Bissouma Raphinha Richarlison Cucerella 

That's 5 domestic players that we could have targeted and who wouldn't have been swayed by Champions League Football. 

The first 3 in that list would have walked into our first team and been a huge improvement. They are far superior players when compared to what we will field next week (Fred McTominnay and Elanga) it's not even a contest.

I just don't understand why even when we've got rid of certain scouts and installed Arnold that those players were or appear not to have been ever approached.

Even a punt on Richarlison would have been more exciting than seeing Rashford and Martial trot out for us.

It's like putting a blindfold on a blind man turning him around several times and watching him go is our transfer approach!

We are utterly clueless in the Transfer market it's bordering on embarrassment.

STOP PRESS!!

Seriously lads we're saved that midfielder you all wanted has been signed...and it's a biggy!! 🤪🤪😂😂 

He can officially play for United's first team if required...I say put him in there from the start the guy is a shithouse midfielder! 

Manchester United have confirmed the hire of veteran midfielder Tom Huddlestone on a player and coach role for the under-21s.

The former England international is 35, and taking his first steps into coaching. Following the path created at United by Paul McShane last season, Huddlestone will work as a player and coach, helping the development of youngsters.

Edited by PVAD
1 hour ago, PVAD said:

STOP PRESS!!

Seriously lads we're saved that midfielder you all wanted has been signed...and it's a biggy!! 🤪🤪😂😂 

He can officially play for United's first team if required...I say put him in there from the start the guy is a shithouse midfielder! 

Manchester United have confirmed the hire of veteran midfielder Tom Huddlestone on a player and coach role for the under-21s.

The former England international is 35, and taking his first steps into coaching. Following the path created at United by Paul McShane last season, Huddlestone will work as a player and coach, helping the development of youngsters.

I’m not mad at it - always enjoyed watching him.
Ridiculous passing range and sporadic long-range shooting… A Poundland Neves, if you will. 

It's laughable at this stage. When you think things might change for the good & more football-minded people get involved and then you're brought down to earth quite quickly, that this club is run by the people in charge for all the wrong reasons, if you're a football fan.

No plan. Just business men trying to climb the ladder and step on anyone they can.

Erik ten Hag is what this club needs right now. But he'll never get a fair crack of the whip with this United board.

Nowadays, it's all about the importance of social media following & what the individual could potentially generate in the future, when United are United are signing a player.

It's fucking wrong. It's as if the players actually ability on the pitch is completely disregarded & overlooked. But if he's got a following, we'll sign him...

Our recruitment is non-existent. It's business men making these important calls, when you need good football men.

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's laughable at this stage. When you think things might change for the good & more football-minded people get involved and then you're brought down to earth quite quickly, that this club is run by the people in charge for all the wrong reasons, if you're a football fan.

No plan. Just business men trying to climb the ladder and step on anyone they can.

Erik ten Hag is what this club needs right now. But he'll never get a fair crack of the whip with this United board.

Nowadays, it's all about the importance of social media following & what the individual could potentially generate in the future, when United are United are signing a player.

It's fucking wrong. It's as if the players actually ability on the pitch is completely disregarded & overlooked. But if he's got a following, we'll sign him...

Our recruitment is non-existent. It's business men making these important calls, when you need good football men.

Joel Glazer is the problem - no point having done good work in restructuring the football side of things when ultimately even the director of football has to report back to him in terms of signing everything off (and thus making us faff in the window uselessly) - fucking parasites