Summer 2022 Priorities

2 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

What he wants is players he knows he can trust

I don’t know how you don’t understand that - given our bunch of cunts will down tools and throw any manager under the bus in a heartbeat!?

The fact they’ll know how to play his way is a distant second priority 

If he wants players he can trust, he's limiting himself to Ajax or ex Ajax players, which is the point I was making.. limiting the talent pool.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you see it spelled it out like that, ten players who have contributed basically nothing this season (maybe half a dozen goals?) leaving and clearing well over a million quid a week off the wage b

Barcelona literally can't register players. They need to come up with €500m in the next few weeks. There's no comparison to the Fabregas situation - They'll be more than willing to negotiate here. 

Despite the fact we need a complete rebuild, we really need to focus on improving the quality of the squad rather than quantity this summer. Get rid of most of the deadwood as you say, bring in 4-5 ad

2 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

Ajax are in great financial shape, and don't need to sell any more player's

I thought ETH was some sort of tactical genius, so far he just wants all his old Ajax player's, makes scouting a breeze! but hardly fills me with positivity going forward.

The other clubs will have been preparing for months for this window. When you have everything in place then it makes the process simpler and not getting ripped off during the summer auction for players. Ten haag came in at the end of the season but he's still playing catch up with the other top clubs and even those outside the top tier. On top of that we are becoming a less enticing prospect as each year passes especially after that moysesque season.

2 hours ago, O said:

TheEuropeanLad was adamant that they wouldn't sell many more players after losing Mazraoui and Gravenberch to Bayern. It looks like he was right.

Haller was a steal for Dortmund. Ajax will look to re-sign Brobbey to replace him.

They probably don't feel the need to sell anyone else unless a ridiculous offer is made.

Apparently Edson Alvarez is gettable though - not as highly touted due to the lack of ceiling but I think we could do with that kind of player, if we got him and Frenkie our midfield would be almost infinitely better

14 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Apparently Edson Alvarez is gettable though - not as highly touted due to the lack of ceiling but I think we could do with that kind of player, if we got him and Frenkie our midfield would be almost infinitely better

He's pretty shit on the ball. Especially when pressed. Another McTominay.

43 minutes ago, O said:

He's pretty shit on the ball. Especially when pressed. Another McTominay.

At least he doesn't hide behind opponents when the CBs are looking for an out, McTominay is better the further away from our own penalty area he is, even Fred is a better dm than McTominay and he's also better when deployed higher up :L 

But yeah - We are so starved why are we not getting a damn DM in