Summer 2022 Priorities

3 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Idk much about him @O position / traits ??

Seems to be a pressing machine. In the 95th percentile for forwards across Europe. 99th for tackles. That would be hugely appealing for eth.

Very little production, Atletico fans say he’s more of a second striker. 

Reports now saying Atletico want more than €50m and he doesn’t want to come. 💀

We keep catching these L’s.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought he was the best midfielder we've had since Fergie's time anyway, but the more time passes the better he looks.

Yeah, nice of us to beat Brentford to the signing of Eriksen on a free. That Old Trafford pull. What a club.

No doubt we're at panic stations but the media are having a field day. We must have been linked with close to 50 players in the last 72 hours. Probably worth switching off Twitter and letting the club

Even in the midst of this boards shear incompetence & we miss top targets.

If these knuckleheads have an ounce of sense there's still enough available names out there to make this a reasonable transfer widow (at least in terms of no.s in & improving quality of squad) 

unlikely it will happen though - we'll see some signings but it won't be enough 

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

Agreed a fee yesterday. Deal done today.

We agreed a fee for Rabiot 8 days ago.

I despise everything about this club. 

I don't know why everything is always so laughably slow and drawn out, unless that is the glazers or especially Joel dragging things but there has to be more to it than that - even our admin seems painfully slow, there is 0 hope Rabiot is registered in time for pool imo which is a joke given when we agreed a fee and we're probably gonna end up overpaying him on personal terms anyway 

51 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

I don't know why everything is always so laughably slow and drawn out, unless that is the glazers or especially Joel dragging things but there has to be more to it than that - even our admin seems painfully slow, there is 0 hope Rabiot is registered in time for pool imo which is a joke given when we agreed a fee and we're probably gonna end up overpaying him on personal terms anyway 

I read somewhere last year UTD allegedly only focus on one transfer at time till completion before moving on to the next which delays completion-  prob a load of nonsense - it's hard to know what's wrong unless privy to what really goes on behind scenes?

but clearly someone/some aspect of UTD's internal process's are rotten to the core - same story yr after yr 

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

It seems they want to overnegotiate everything whether it is fees or wages. Ultimately we probably end up paying a negligible amount less or the same or we pull out. 

Look at de jong. The bottleneck appears to be not wanting to pay extra to resolve the unpaid wages issue. The bottom line is he is too expensive so move on. City would've signed him by now if it was their target, none of this farting around.

Now rabiot. He wants more wages evidently that we're willing to pay, so why waste a second longer on that transfer is incomprehensible.

Edited by John Locke
3 hours ago, CB78 said:

I read somewhere last year UTD allegedly only focus on one transfer at time till completion before moving on to the next which delays completion-  prob a load of nonsense - it's hard to know what's wrong unless privy to what really goes on behind scenes?

but clearly someone/some aspect of UTD's internal process's are rotten to the core - same story yr after yr 

They clearly can’t do more than one deal at a time but surely this would in theory make it quicker in terms of going through the steps for each individual player 

Reports now saying Rabiot to United isn't advancing and unlikely to happen at this moment.

Gap in salary offer and what he's expecting. I knew this would happen and Rabiot would be looking for silly money.

He and his mother can fuck off! Don't want him here. Complete mercenary, who we'll likely be looking to offload in 2 years time.

Not good enough & certainly not worth the salary he's looking for.

Casemiro 🤣😂🤣🤣. No chance on earth he would come to UTD right now

hoping/praying some of these disaster headlines are a smoke screen, there’s a smidge of sensible business going on behind the scenes & we see some decent signings come in soon - 

but really don’t think they have that in them; 

Edited by CB78
40 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Complete silence on social media accounts. Nothing on Instagram or Twitter apart from the Laird loan move yesterday morning. Don’t know if enforced or the social media team have given up as badly as everyone else at the club, but certainly weird.

Exhausted all pictures of Ronaldo in the gym.

7 hours ago, CB78 said:

7 hours ago, John Locke said:

It seems they want to overnegotiate everything whether it is fees or wages. Ultimately we probably end up paying a negligible amount less or the same or we pull out. 

Look at de jong. The bottleneck appears to be not wanting to pay extra to resolve the unpaid wages issue. The bottom line is he is too expensive so move on. City would've signed him by now if it was their target, none of this farting around.

Now rabiot. He wants more wages evidently that we're willing to pay, so why waste a second longer on that transfer is incomprehensible.

4 hours ago, hdcantona said:

They clearly can’t do more than one deal at a time but surely this would in theory make it quicker in terms of going through the steps for each individual player 

I also think we go into every transfer window with a very limited list of options. We seem to focus on signing one player for a position with no back up options, so we end up either being held to ransom and throwing huge sums at the club and player to sign them, or we miss out and don't bother signing anyone.

We should be able to identify 2-3 players, at least, that we'd be happy to sign. If we can't get our preferred option, like with De Jong this summer, then we should have someone else we can move onto quickly.

It's more understandable that this hasn't happened this summer since we have a new manager and we've got rid of our two most senior scouts as well, so it's clear we have absolutely no transfer strategy this summer. But this has been going on for years.

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

Even if we got him I'd be very wary - a la Varane... 

Players have aged horribly here. His legs will be gone by Christmas.

Now we’re linked with Joao Felix.

Our board are officially on crack. This is a god damn FIFA 22 search.