2021/2022: FA Cup 3rd Round - Man Utd v Aston Villa

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rashford’s contract should be terminated after the game. What a disgraceful player.

Understatement of understatements. 

A truly disgusting performance in every sense 

Telles conies in for Shaw and 100% we'll see a Fredic midfield with McToninay suspended or is it only League Games? Irrespective. Donny will still not get a look in..

Something must be really deep-rooted that first Solskjaer and now Ragi are avoiding him like the plague 

Here's the thing our "experts" on here and splattering of the media have said "well he doesn't look great when he has had the chance" fuck me he has basically played minutes and probably only started 2 maybe 3 times consecutively.

This is what cracks me up he is hardly given a chance to truly establish himself yet some of our fan base are happy to see fucking McFredic reeled out week in week out.

Edited by PVAD

midfield is so sh*te DVB deserves a chance as much as any1 - really don’t see him as remotely being a game changer though?  

Pogba (sadly) could be - if he comes back & properly knuckles down (he’ll be motivated by signing on fee for new club) 

increasingly difficult to approach any game with hope & ideas on how we’re going to see a real performance/progression without new signings? 

Players don’t appear to be buying into 4-2-2-2 so think Ralph needs to look at change of shape again.  Honeymoon period over- 

If we play as badly as we have in the last 3 games then unfortunately Villa will be too good a team for us to have any chance.

Our players on paper are much superior to Villas but seemingly only want their massive wages without being interested in playing football. Every single one of our players bar De Gea, and Phil Jones, are lacking any 'motivation', to quote Shaw. The through ball from Rashford is a point in example. How can a simple pass be so overhit.

Meanwhile the Glasers take another £11 million from the club, showing the exact same attitude as the players i.e. couldn't give a fuck.

Sadly whilst all the players are extremely overpaid any new transferee isn't going to sign for less than £150 to £200 thousand plus a week wages, which keeps us trapped. And the players unhappy and wanting transfers tied until the end of their contracts, when they walk away for free. Congratulations on that Woodward!

49 minutes ago, Gary said:

Gerrard couldn't turn over a page

3 years in Scotland and only 1 trophy to show for it. Fuckin dud.

If anyone is gonna turn us over, it'll be us!

Think you're underestimating Gerrard tbh.

I don't like him but he did a good job up North. Rangers had to wait a long time to topple Celtic. He was the one who delivered, and did it without losing a game. His record in Europe was very decent as well.

Yeah I think Gerard did well in Europe - should defo of won more trophies though.  A lot of people saw Van Bronckhorst as an up grade rather than step down

mixed bag - still unproven for me, has inherited a very solid Villa squad so shud be under pressure to deliver 

1 hour ago, O said:

Think you're underestimating Gerrard tbh.

I don't like him but he did a good job up North. Rangers had to wait a long time to topple Celtic. He was the one who delivered, and did it without losing a game. His record in Europe was very decent as well.

Eh. I'm not convinced.

Winning with Molde for the first time ever trumps winning with Rangers in Scotland, and look how that turned out for Cardiff (I can't bring myself to mention the rest of it).

I hear Gerrard bottled some winnable domestic cup competitions too. He does the Fergie thing and delegates the actual coaching to this guy Beale. He might be a good manager, but he's already overrated. if I'm an Aston Villa fan, I'm thinking he's a downgrade on Dean Smith. They're in decent form though.

No, I certainly don't like sneaky gee. If u do look at his record in Scotland and see that he won rangers fc their 1st ever trophy, then u can applaud him. But when u also consider  they won that league title, unbeaten, by 26 points and let the powerhouse that is St. Johnstone triumph in both domestic Cups then my applause dims somewhat

Perhaps I'm just biased coz, as I said, I really don't like sneaky gee!

On 06/01/2022 at 15:46, Gary said:

Gerrard couldn't turn over a page

3 years in Scotland and only 1 trophy to show for it. Fuckin dud.

If anyone is gonna turn us over, it'll be us!

It was a league title though but that's neither here nor there. Morale at United is low so unless the players go out there and play out of their skins, Villa could beat us.

9 hours ago, kevthebad said:

Talksport saying United not going to buy anyone in this transfer window, so midfield gonna be overrun all season and 12th place in league will be the best we can hope for!

C'mon comrade, where's the optimist in you.

Surely 10th will be in the bag?

2 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

It was a league title though but that's neither here nor there. Morale at United is low so unless the players go out there and play out of their skins, Villa could beat us.

I totally agree. If we keep up our disastrous displays, anyone in the league could beat us.

It really pains me to say but I don't think I've ever seen a Utd side so brainless, disillusioned & lacklustre.

Terrifying!

Just now, JJtheRed said:

This aged well 

Don't mean anything mediocrity is what "some" fans are happy with.

For every one goal/assist count 20 fuck ups by BOTH of them...but like I say some are happy with the standard of these players at the biggest club in the world.

1 minute ago, PVAD said:

Don't mean anything mediocrity is what "some" fans are happy with.

For every one goal/assist count 20 fuck ups by BOTH of them...but like I say some are happy with the standard of these players at the biggest club in the world.

By no means “happy” but I’d definitely prefer being in front than not…