January 2022 window

I can't see us having a big transfer window and we won't sign any "big names" (thankfully), but there will be players available who can improve us.

I've just read an article linking us to Boubacar Kamara from Marseille who's out of contract in the summer. Julian Alvarez from River Plater has also been mentioned, their season has just finished and he apparently has a release clause in his contract.

I haven't seen either of them play so I have no idea how good they are, but if they are players we should be looking at then they're both the type of deal we should be looking to tie up in January considering their circumstances.

We should be getting rid of Pogba, even if it is letting his contract run down, but if we can offload him in January for a fee then that would be preferable. And it seems Martial is keen to go as well, so let him go. Aside from that, I can't see many departures quite yet.

Edited by Jay007
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2021 at 07:15, Jay007 said:

I can't see us having a big transfer window and we won't sign any "big names" (thankfully), but there will be players available who can improve us.

I've just read an article linking us to Boubacar Kamara from Marseille who's out of contract in the summer. Julian Alvarez from River Plater has also been mentioned, their season has just finished and he apparently has a release clause in his contract.

I haven't seen either of them play so I have no idea how good they are, but if they are players we should be looking at then they're both the type of deal we should be looking to tie up in January considering their circumstances.

We should be getting rid of Pogba, even if it is letting his contract run down, but if we can offload him in January for a fee then that would be preferable. And it seems Martial is keen to go as well, so let him go. Aside from that, I can't see many departures quite yet.

The main reason for that is the incredible wages they're getting paid at OT.

Something has to change to the whole recruitment system & policies to prevent this happening any longer!!!

On 29/12/2021 at 04:26, TheManc said:

A major one? No chance.

We may buy a decent priced CM, around 25m though.

Hey, appreciate the welcome from your good self. Let's hope, in the not too distant future, we're all on board singing the praises of MUFC

We've gotten to a stage where two of Fred, McTominay & Matic, are our starting midfielders every week now. 

If that isn't a cause for serious concern and a clear indication that we need at least one new midfielder in this transfer window, I don't know what is. How anyone at the club can sit there and believe this is good enough for United's midfield today, is beyond me. 

Can already see the phrase 'Pogba will be like a new signing when he comes back'... Get the fuck out! 

On 15/01/2022 at 12:16, Eddie said:

We've gotten to a stage where two of Fred, McTominay & Matic, are our starting midfielders every week now. 

If that isn't a cause for serious concern and a clear indication that we need at least one new midfielder in this transfer window, I don't know what is. How anyone at the club can sit there and believe this is good enough for United's midfield today, is beyond me. 

Can already see the phrase 'Pogba will be like a new signing when he comes back'... Get the fuck out! 

TBF we haven't had a competent midfield since the Scholes/Carrick duo back 15 years ago.

16 minutes ago, Migueldacnut said:

TBF we haven't had a competent midfield since the Scholes/Carrick duo back 15 years ago.

Emphasis on competent. I remember everyone whingeing about it, because Liverpool had Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, and Gerrard.  ChelseaEssien and Makelele. And Arsenal with Fabregas and some impressive-looking up-and-comer who eventually falls by the wayside. 

Who knew it would get worse, much worse. TBF, I'll take this over Alan Smith in midfield.

7 hours ago, Alexander said:

Emphasis on competent. I remember everyone whingeing about it, because Liverpool had Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, and Gerrard.  ChelseaEssien and Makelele. And Arsenal with Fabregas and some impressive-looking up-and-comer who eventually falls by the wayside. 

Who knew it would get worse, much worse. TBF, I'll take this over Alan Smith in midfield.

I look at McGinn in midfield, box to box, scores a few, assists r plenty but no, we'll stick with McFred & Matic? Absolute bollocks!

11 hours ago, Gary said:

I look at McGinn in midfield, box to box, scores a few, assists r plenty but no, we'll stick with McFred & Matic? Absolute bollocks!

I'd love it if we were to sign Mcginn. Think his ankle injury held back his development a little bit, but he's just what we need. Mind you we should be in the market for at least two CM's if Pogba leaves which thankfully is looking like a strong possibility. My dream summer would include us signing Mcginn and  Bellingham but don't think Dortmund will let him go this summer with Halaand leaving.

Scotsman may be biased; but would love to see McGinn at UTD, 

Whatever McGinn lacks in finesse / creativity he more than makes up for in character/graft/drive 

Could bring what likes of Henderson & Robertson give to Liverpool 

we likely need 3 new midfielders (minimum) this summer- McGinn shud defo be in the mix 

1 hour ago, CB78 said:

Whatever McGinn lacks in finesse / creativity he more than makes up for in character/graft/drive 

we likely need 3 new midfielders (minimum) this summer- McGinn shud defo be in the mix 

I like McGinn. But be would be very expensive. You need to sign players like him just before they move to The PL.

Declan Rice was immense today. He would improve us a lot. If we're going Brexit, I would choose him.

3 hours ago, CB78 said:

No, us Scots r not biased in who we'd like to see at OT. There r a few midfielders I'd luv Utd to sign but McGinn would definitely be my 1st choice!

Then sign his young brother from Hibs. There's also Cal MacGreggor at Celtic, who should surely be given the armband. Hearts have got a brilliant young lad, no wait a minute, I might just be getting a wee bit biased after all?