Likeable squad?

On 29/11/2021 at 23:22, O said:

Which players do you actually like or respect from the current squad?

For me, it's:

• Lindelöf
  • Varane
  • Fred
  • vdB
  • Mata
  • Sancho
  • Amad
  • Rashford
  • Greenwood
  • Cavani
  • Ronaldo (respect but still a prick)

Yeah, go along with most of them except Sancho, haven't seen enough of him ( live in Oz and don't get much Budesliga ) but he's yet to impress.

For me, Rashford is a big concern!

• 1 month later...

These are the players I’d pick as my first 11,of what Utd have at their disposal at present.

David

Dalot

Victor,

Varane,

Shaw

Scot

Fred.  

Telles

Elanga

Rashford.

Sancho

Wan

Bruno

Matic

Pogba

Lingard

Bailley

Ronaldo

Cavani

Jones😉

Mata

bet I missed a few 

There are some good youngsters that played collectively in a previous last game of the group stages,they all should be introduced in their respective positions,instead of half of the above mentioned 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m pleasantly surprised that I didn’t include Greenwood on my list.

I hated this squad even when Ole was overachieving with his awful 2nd place finish. The whole cultural reboot narrative that has been spun by the propagandists is nonsense. It’s worse than it was at any point under Mourinho in terms of character.

These lot are stealing a living where they are. It’s just sickening and it makes them impossible to root for. 

What player or players should Utd hold on to,so that new signings could blend with.

David

Victor

Varane

Dalot

Mctominay

Bruno

Elanga.

Telles gets a season 

and btw non of the above ,bar one or two are worthy of a top 4 team,never mind winning the EPL or CL.

The rest need putting on the market.

I would imagine we must have at least four of the worst five contracts in the premier league. In fact we probably have that and more.

• Ronaldo - Was great but being the highest paid player in the league is laughable.
  • Martial - By some miracle we got Sevilla to take these on for a few months but it isn't going anywhere.
  • Rashford - Maybe the worst player in the league. Paid like Mo Salah. 
  • Maguire - Whatever the fuck he's paid it's too much.
  • Shaw - See Maguire.
  • Mata - Earning six figures every week because he's a nice guy.
  • De Gea - Highest paid keeper in the world. Reported weekly wage of £375,000 a week. Not even the best keeper on the team.
  • Jones - Nothing needs to be said. Charity.

When you look at the above it's easy to tell why we are where we are. The mismanagement and viewing players as financial assets rather than applying any actual scrutiny to their ability as footballers to see whether they're worth the outlay on the pitch. The standards are non-existent. The requirement to actually play at a high level for years with promise to sustain it just isn't necessary for this club to pay you world class quality wages. 

Hopefully with Ralf and Murtough the club can go in a new direction but even if we do it will be a long a painful process getting such inflated wages off the books. The new manager is going to fail if he inherits these players and the current footballing setup must know that but with reports of the transfer budget being slashed without CL qualification I can't see how this doesn't require a few seasons more of pain. I'd genuinely prefer we focus on getting the awful characters out even if it means turning to youth and temporarily settling for mid table finishes.

• 1 month later...

Hoping for a big shake-up with this current squad in the summer. There should be quite a few of them moved on anyway.

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Matic & Mata won't be here next season. Probably Henderson & Jones leaving too. That'll clear up over a million pounds in weekly wages right there.

Ideally we'd sell on our whole defence but that's obviously not possible. We need a new GK, CB, RB & LB in these next couple of transfer windows.

I can see Ronaldo giving us one more season. But wouldn't be surprised of he made a late switch if a better option came his way.

There's only a few of the younger squad players I'd like to keep hold of and maybe a couple of the more senior players too, the rest can fuck off! The seasons end can't come soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Jay007 said:

Reports that two players had to be pulled apart in training after fighting each other, though no mention of who.

The other players were said to be in complete shock, as it's the first time they've seen anyone in the squad show any fight at all.

said senior players? 🤔 I reckon it’s out of Fernandes/Lindelof/Macguire/Bailly/poss Mcktominay

plus I’d put money this latest leak came from Lingard via Scholes 

21 minutes ago, Jay007 said:

Reports that two players had to be pulled apart in training after fighting each other, though no mention of who.

The other players were said to be in complete shock, as it's the first time they've seen anyone in the squad show any fight at all.

If this is an actual report and not just a joke my biggest hope is that Fred knocked Lingard and Maguire the fuck out. 

Likeable squad !? 

The new manager needs time to assemble a competitive for a  squad and reliable reserves.

According to the present season results and individual performances overall ,nobody from the team list deserves any attention especially any positive evaluation. They are good for nothing. Enough.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jay007 said:

After much excitement, the two players reported to have been involved in the bust-up have been named as Alex Telles and Hannibal.

I guess it's not much of a surprise it wasn't any of our 'big name' players...

Telles probably tried to take him out on the pitch,I hope Hannibal came off better.