Ralf Rangnick; 6 months Interim + 2 years consultancy

Amazing the difference it'll make for the team to adopt some smart pressing tactics in terms of bringing the best out of this squad of players and creating more problems for the opponents.

While rangnicks assessment was we needed to have greater control as in be more solid defensively, it appears he has managed that without causing us to lose any threat in the final third. In fact, his game plan is to improve us in all aspects of our play and it kind of illustrates how inept we have been from a coaching viewpoint over a number of years that our performances have been so mediocre. 

The modern game has changed and most teams now are very well organised in how they work together win the ball back and dynamic in attacking their opponents. I reckon had ferguson still been around he would've embraced similar tactics and brought in the right coaches to implement it. Many of his better sides played at a high tempo anyway.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Squad is full of spoiled cunts and has been for years. More heart and drive in almost any other club in the league, used to be the opposite.  If Ralf is butting heads with those players it's a go

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the players were upset over the Ronaldo signing - Or at least some of the cliques were. He gets an ensured starting place, he breaks the wage structure, he changes

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

What’s really changed…? 

Haven't lost a game since Ole was sacked.

Lost 4-1 away to Watford who just lost their 6th game in a row since it.

We're still shit but not getting embarrassed in the same fashion. Apparently Ralfster has told the players a few home truths that they didn't like, hence the recent leaks. Good. They're a shower of cunts.

On 29/12/2021 at 12:19, O said:
Massive purge needed.

Been saying this for literally years.

When Lukaku/Sanchez joined Inter there was loads of stuff coming out in Italy about how they were alienated by the cliques at United while Inter were a functioning group by comparison. Lukaku fell out hard with Pogba in that time. The French trash are cancerous and you just know they're way more influential than they have any right to be. Once Zlatan left they ran the place and they ran it into the ground. 

Addition by subtraction for a lot of this squad. No one should be safe and the rest of this season should be about rooting out the rats. Seems the decision is already made on Martial and Pogba, thank christ. 

• hdcantona changed the title to Ralf Rangnick; 6 months Interim + 2 years consultancy

McFredic in midfield wins you fuck all.

There's the problem Rangnick must have seen it in Solskjaers set up yet he continues with them. The slowest ponderous fucks ever to play in the midfield everything by-passes them. Just a joke. Midfield is where games are won and lost. Rangnick playing exactly same style as Solskjaer.

He is not the man who we allegedly thought he was. Clearly has no balls and has been brought in as a stooge Zero improvement hope he doesn't get the job and gave out OLE vibes on the sidelines. Boards Muppet!! 

Greenwood hooked massive mistake Matic starting huge mistake then the subs or dear me brings on a player that he dropped in Rashford. Interim or not fucking questions needs to be asked.

Welcome to Thursday nights Cavani, Ronaldo, VDB  will all go maybe Bruno will get itchy feet and our future will be Rashford Maguire Shaw, AWB and Sancho McTominay, Matic and Fred will get 10 year deals with Greenwood our star and he'll soon get bored.

Thought Greenwood off was a strange one 

But Re-midfield I don’t really see what his options are until we make signings?

Pogba’s out?  DVB done nothing to suggest he’s the answer games I’ve seen him? 

Mcfred/Mcmatic take ur pick neither gd enough- signings last summer was the answer & still the answer now in Jan window

should be done already but not convinced we’ll see anyone till nxt summer 

Edited by CB78

4-2-2-2 needs to go immediately if we want to have any kind of success/improvement this season. It clearly isn't working (amongst other things of course), but I get the feeling Rangnick is too stubborn to change from his philosophy.

He's clearly the type of manager you bring it thinking about the long-term, hence why we've given him the consultancy (at least) beyond this season. But even if his methods go onto work, they'll take a long time to actually work without making any signings, so we'll probably have to be content to write this season off.

It may be worth doing that of course if it actually means we're properly rebuilding and changing the culture at the club.

25 minutes ago, O said:

The fans weren't happy when Greenwood was subbed off.

Injured I think.

Shaw just said that squad "isn't all together" in his post match presser. The cliques are being exposed.

I don't give a shit about this season. I don't care if we're fucking relegated. I want this group ripped apart once and for all. 

15 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Injured I think.

Shaw just said that squad "isn't all together" in his post match presser. The cliques are being exposed.

I don't give a shit about this season. I don't care if we're fucking relegated. I want this group ripped apart once and for all. 

The choice was between 'Edi and Greenwood' to bring Fernandes on. Looks like he's being pressured to play Ronaldo in the same way Arteta had to bring Willian on for every game last season.

I must be the only idiot in the world who thinks that basing your attack around two players who are shy of 35 and 37 is an unprecedented and awful idea. Bring back Carrick.

42 minutes ago, Alexander said:

The choice was between 'Edi and Greenwood' to bring Fernandes on. Looks like he's being pressured to play Ronaldo in the same way Arteta had to bring Willian on for every game last season.

I must be the only idiot in the world who thinks that basing your attack around two players who are shy of 35 and 37 is an unprecedented and awful idea. Bring back Carrick.

Carrick was no better. He fluked a draw against Chelsea. Villarreal outplayed us for large spells of that game as well. Had Gerard Moreno been available for either of the two Villarreal games, we would have lost both.

Ole, Carrick & Rangnick have all managed to win/draw games that they should have dropped points in. It's quite the skill.