Ralf Ragnick; 6 months Interim + 2 years consultancy

Hilariously United fans on Redcafe think this confirms ten Hag in the summer - If anything I think this shows we're leaning toward Poch. Their teams do the same things and aren't as possession based as those Cruyff inspired dickheads. Shows how few of the ten Hag fans are actually familiar with Ajax. Hipster trash. 

On the one hand I think his ideas will take a long time to take hold so we shouldn't expect much this season, on the other Ole may have been so bad that any competent coach may instantly improve us. I think he has more value as a upstairs guy than as a coach. A lot of coaches were inspired by his ideas but they clearly took them to another level. 

Ralf Rangnick speaking about Man United's defence in September 2020: "They could do with a left-back, I know they have Luke Shaw but I'm not so sure if he's still on the same kind of level you need for a club like Manchester United."

giphy.gif

Can’t claim to know much about him but from what reading & that interview seems sensible option- 

Where we end up this season who knows but any semi-proper coach with an ounce of tactical nous should make some immediate improvements 

Some obvious weaknesses but this is a good underperforming squad of players. Tighten up, build confidence & find some form could & should really kick on

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

Hilariously United fans on Redcafe think this confirms ten Hag in the summer - If anything I think this shows we're leaning toward Poch. Their teams do the same things and aren't as possession based as those Cruyff inspired dickheads. Shows how few of the ten Hag fans are actually familiar with Ajax. Hipster trash. 

On the one hand I think his ideas will take a long time to take hold so we shouldn't expect much this season, on the other Ole may have been so bad that any competent coach may instantly improve us. I think he has more value as a upstairs guy than as a coach. A lot of coaches were inspired by his ideas but they clearly took them to another level. 

Ralf Rangnick speaking about Man United's defence in September 2020: "They could do with a left-back, I know they have Luke Shaw but I'm not so sure if he's still on the same kind of level you need for a club like Manchester United."

giphy.gif

Just had to change my pants

We may have just stumbled into a superb situation. Ineptitude being rewarded potentially - we've failed upwards!

Surprised the United board have came to this decision, but really excited by it. More so the consultantcy Ragnick will take on after - that could be potentially huge for the future of this club. 

This is the exact type of appointment we needed to see the season out and have foundations in place for the next man, with a clear philosophy on how we want to play. 

Maybe, just maybe, we can be optimistic about the clubs success moving forward now. 

I can't claim to be anywhere close to being an expert about him, but based on his reputation and track record of running clubs he does seem to be the outstanding candidate as interim manager - not just for his role managing the team for the next 6 months, but the move upstairs/consultancy afterwards.

The consultancy could actually be the most important part long-term.

Manager since 1985.

Win Percentage 47.78%

Happy with the appointment. Best thing he has no previous relationships with the prima donna's so can tear them proper new assholes. 

Hoping he'll strip Maguire of the armband immediately then dissect that awful midfield we have.

Edited by PVAD
10 hours ago, PVAD said:

Manager since 1985.

Win Percentage 47.78%

Happy with the appointment. Best thing he has no previous relationships with the prima donna's so can tear them proper new assholes. 

Hoping he'll strip Maguire of the armband immediately then dissect that awful midfield we have.

The attackers are in direct danger too . He told to the coaching  auditory  that  8 sec are required  for getting the ball back .It  means  pressing every where .Awaiting the new hair cuts of Pogba . Also I expect some wars behind the scenes at every level . 

For sure Mr Phelen can learn few words in German like <Ja,Ja Herr Rangnick> ,but Fergie's approach is completely different to the  Herr Rangnick's one .

Edited by Pap1918

There'll probably be loads of players he'll like that people wont expect. The only two who I think are fucked for sure are Pogba and Martial, even with Pogba he may have tried to get a tune out of him but he's one foot out the door. You can't implement any sort of press with Martial if you're already accommodating Ronaldo. 

We really need to get more out of the full backs. Hopefully he can improve some of them but I don't see how he can teach AWB how to play football or teach Dalot how to defend. 

If we're gonna play with a high defensive line to press up the pitch we're gonna need a new keeper. 

2019 Ralf Rangnick on Man Utd :

"It's always difficult to follow someone like Sir Alex Ferguson, who was so successful and in place for a long time – and that’s even harder if you are often changing coaches," said Rangnick.

"With every coaching change, the identity changes and this is reflected in the sporting development. You can look at the money that team has had available in the last five years and say there has been an underperformance.

"At any club, if you cannot get the right players, then you should at least not sign the wrong ones. You are in trouble if you do that in one or two or three consecutive transfer windows.

"Club building is about building the right squad by transferring the right players away and having more than 50 per cent success rate of bringing in the right players."

Rangnick's comments reflect his United plan: he wants to influence the club's transfer policy during the next five windows to ensure the right talent comes through the door.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-ralf-rangnick-transfers-25550583

Who the  ,,right players" to be transferred away will be !? As any German he will become sick of the payroll list and in other hand who is capable to run like Tevez all the time during the game and season.

18 hours ago, TFIA said:

giphy.gif

@TFIAYou read Redcafe? now I'm surprised.