Ronaldo

Rashford---------------------------------Sancho

Fred----McTominay

Matić

Shaw-----Lindelöf------Bailly-----AWB

De Gea

Subs: Henderson, Telles, Dalot, vdB, Mata, Bruno, Lingard, Amad, Martial

2-1 loss.

McFred and Matic  3 of the most ineffective players this season all playing together??

Come on... has Ole faxed you his chalk-board scribblings before leaving!

1 hour ago, PVAD said:

McFred and Matic  3 of the most ineffective players this season all playing together??

Come on... has Ole faxed you his chalk-board scribblings before leaving!

If we try to take Chelsea on in an open game or press high, they will slap us.

I don't mind us being negative away to one of the best teams in the world. It's one thing to approach Villarreal like that, but Chelsea are a different animal.

Bruno off the bench again after keeping it tight.

At least Matić would allow Fred & McTominay to get around the pitch a bit more. Fred is actually good at pressing high. Better when not in a pivot.

9 hours ago, O said:

If we try to take Chelsea on in an open game or press high, they will slap us.

I don't mind us being negative away to one of the best teams in the world. It's one thing to approach Villarreal like that, but Chelsea are a different animal.

Bruno off the bench again after keeping it tight.

At least Matić would allow Fred & McTominay to get around the pitch a bit more. Fred is actually good at pressing high. Better when not in a pivot.

Mate Matic is a liability look at the Watford match just as one example he gave the ball away on a number of occasions even under no pressure and yeah we know he's not a CB but it was criminal that he didn't make more of an effort on the last 2 goals. His plodding legs have gone and have been for awhile. You're an astute guy surely you can see he's done at Prem Level.

Chelsea as you say are a different beast to the spaniards and I can see them overrunning us if we try to keep it too tight and safe.

McFred I'll never be convinced with they can't dominate offensively and when we do need to be cautious neither of them are disciplined enough to contain especially against Chelsea. For me they just don't work together it's a travesty that United can parade these 2 as our front line midfield pair.  Mctominay is too rash and Fred is weak and does get brushed off. They wouldn't, and I believe you know this in your heart, be anywhere near the starting line up for the main top 3 teams. I think the pairing needs to be phased out. 

I think playing VDB with either ONE of McFred would be better only because unfortunately that's all the choice we have to go with. Criminal for this club that we haven't invested in at least 2 world class midfielders.

As much as Chelsea are doing well I don't think they are as good as City or the Scouse at high intensity press. We may nullify our attacking threat if we play all those 3 in the same team and go with the ultra cautious approach.

Edited by PVAD