2021/2022: CL MD5 - Villareal v Man Utd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Genuinely would have preferred we kept Dan James.

Quality from Sancho! 

Glorious

I don't see how or why anything should change from what we've see recently under Ole, it should be the same under Carrick & the other coaches. 

But saying that, I fully expect the immediate reaction that most teams get after a manager leaves. We'll probably beat Villarreal & go and do Chelsea over in the same week. 

glimmer of hope, read rumour that Carrick felt undermined as training/coaching all wk to certain tactics only for Ole to implement something different in actual games? 

job at this point is damage limitation- tighten up / scrape results get back on track

It shouldn’t be hard to tighten this team up but worry is it’s the same coaching team?  

We’ll see very quickly if it was more Ole or the whole coaching set up that’s the problem; 

They're in brutal form but with an in house interim manager, in Spain at 5pm this has all the makings of a massacre. 

Doubt Carrick will make the changes that he absolutely should. He'll go with the tried and trusted and by that I mean the proven failures. They'll try and force Donny in to win favour with fans but not sure how they fit him in. They may give Bruno the Pogba treatment. 

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred McTominay

Sancho VDB Bruno

Ronaldo

4 hours ago, TFIA said:

Doubt Carrick will make the changes that he absolutely should. He'll go with the tried and trusted and by that I mean the proven failures.

Agree..

So much for the clear vision he spoke about this afternoon.

Either way we're fucked mate.

Edited by PVAD

Usually, immediately a new manager comes in the form lifts as players try a bit harder to impress. But since it's Carrick and the players know him as well as Ole, it remains to be seen if there is the slightest bit of differance.

On the plus side Woodward is threatening to retain his position longer than Christmas to help sort out a new manager! That will be a massive help! And apparently Chelsea are contesting Maquires red card, as they would love him to play against them on Sunday. (Hope you all know I'm being sarcastic about Woodward.)

Carrick has the opportunity here to drop under-performing players & let them know their places are at risk. Make some type of a statement on the team. But I doubt he's the guy to do it. Too similar to Ole. 

Maguire & Shaw should be given this treatment. The Fred & McTominay partnership needs to be disrupted. We need a big response over these next few games and those big decisions will need to be made. 

Bruno is getting benched apparently. Had a feeling VDB wouldn't start at the expense of McFred.

Maguire and Shaw are the big ones. They must be dropped or he's taking the piss. 

Maguire the undroppable. You'd think you'd give Bailly/Lindelof a game together with captain fantastic suspended at the weekend. Genuinely a joke.

Big chance for Telles, VDB and Sancho.

3-0 Villareal. 

Edit: LOL didn't even realise that useless cunt Martial was playing.

No Mickey, no. The last thing we need is him hitting some form just in time to fool another manager out of a job. Him and Ronaldo both is a serious lack of workrate. 

At least Scholes is speaking some sense, Carrick, Phelan & McKenna should all be gone with Ole too. We should have had a plan prepared for Ole's inevitable departure right after the Liverpool humiliation. 

Team selection is still ridiculous. Bailly should be partnered with Lindelof to prepare for Chelsea game at the weekend, since Maguire will be suspended. McTominay & Fred, seriously this has gone beyond a joke. Martial given in a start too is laughable, the worst attitude of any player in the squad. 

So now we know who was behind the mcfred partnership and playing Maguire and lindelof every game.

Also surprising that Carrick thinks it was Bruno who was underperforming and plans to start martial up top. Wow Carrick should be fired for putting out these players.

Edited by nirav
17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

At least Scholes is speaking some sense, Carrick, Phelan & McKenna should all be gone with Ole too. We should have had a plan prepared for Ole's inevitable departure right after the Liverpool humiliation. 

Team selection is still ridiculous. Bailly should be partnered with Lindelof to prepare for Chelsea game at the weekend, since Maguire will be suspended. McTominay & Fred, seriously this has gone beyond a joke. Martial given in a start too is laughable, the worst attitude of any player in the squad. 

I said this before but Scholes became aware of the criticism that Ole’s pals were sticking up for him and then he done a complete 180 and has been saying everything should burn.

3 minutes ago, TFIA said:

I said this before but Scholes became aware of the criticism that Ole’s pals were sticking up for him and then he done a complete 180 and has been saying everything should burn.

I'll be honest I don't always listen to BT's pre-match coverage. But yeah you're probably right. I think Rio did the same recently too, he was behind Ole publicly until around the International break.