Brendan Rodgers Sack Watch

Well why not !??

This club is all sorts of banter. To even contemplate hiring Rodgers is a joke in itself. Half decent job getting the dippers to 2nd back in the day and a FA Cup with Leicester. Forget his Scottish records they don't count.

Seriously though what influence can anyone see this guy having. "Oh but he beat us 4-2 recently and knocked us out of the cup last season .. so what we are shite anyone can beat us!!

Leicester is his limit look at their results since they beat us this season and the abject performance against Chelsea yesterday for example. It's peaks and troughs with him and that's not what we need at Old Trafford. Could he get a tune out of the current United squad?

Leicester have, I would say, a better "team" than us especially their midfield and defence and we expect him to turn McFredic and Magulof into decent players? He would rely heavily on Maguire would still keep him as Captain so nothing would change. Teilmans may be turned if Rodgers was hired that would be beneficial but I believe Rodgers wouldnt come in and make wholesale changes which is what this club needs. He is a timid manager who peaked at the dippers it would be like appointing another Moyes..a fish out of water the job would be too big for him.

We need a stellar manager someone with a huge personality not Rodgers for god's sake. Could argue Van Gaal and Mourinho were stellar but in reality one was very much past his halcyon days with out dated tactics and the other had just been sacked "again" and again past his prime.

We should be looking for Zidane maybe check Joachim Low's availability someone who has managed big personalities a proven European record and still fairly young as a manager.

Rodgers reeks of desperation everyone will get a new manager bounce but it's the after we need to address so let's keep this bubbling underneath because if he is appointed it's going to end in tears in my humble opinion.

2 hours ago, aardvarked said:

Can't believe this is who we're actually targeting. This club is going absolutely nowhere and wasting the careers of little talent we do have in the squad. 

Amad, Elanga and possibly Hannibal would have made a few starts and definitely bench at Barca by the now. Look at the opportunity they gave Ansu and what they're giving Gavi and Pedri who just won the golden boy award which no doubt Gavi will win next year.

Amad especially is an exceptional talent wasted under Solskjaer as no doubt he would be with Rodgers. 

5 hours ago, PVAD said:

Amad, Elanga and possibly Hannibal would have made a few starts and definitely bench at Barca by the now. Look at the opportunity they gave Ansu and what they're giving Gavi and Pedri who just won the golden boy award which no doubt Gavi will win next year.

Amad especially is an exceptional talent wasted under Solskjaer as no doubt he would be with Rodgers. 

Barcelona wouldn't have been handing out debuts so freely if they weren't in crisis. They have no other option but to turn to La Masia.

I agree on Amad.

2 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Fwiw I don’t think we are, i think it’ll be poch

Poch hhmm.. was it the players that bottled him the title that year and the ECL or was it his tactics/man management?

If it was the latter has he learnt any lessons because this squad is not going to be an easy ride for him or any manager.

I like the philosophy of ten Hag but you have to judge it on a 2 horse league in Holland to be fair. Premiership is a massive step up.

6 hours ago, PVAD said:

Poch hhmm.. was it the players that bottled him the title that year and the ECL or was it his tactics/man management?

If it was the latter has he learnt any lessons because this squad is not going to be an easy ride for him or any manager.

I like the philosophy of ten Hag but you have to judge it on a 2 horse league in Holland to be fair. Premiership is a massive step up.

I wouldn’t read too much in any one off game but I think he’s a good self scout 

5 hours ago, aardvarked said:

Couldn't even hack it in Ligue 1 with PSG lmao.

they’re like 10 clear aren’t they? Don’t blame him for not wanting to miss out on the job again