Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Our players just dont understand how to find him, and are so poor at creating chances.

We dont get into positions to make good crosses and when we do, we have delivered terrible balls in.

We also are so poor in build up and attempted to genuinely god awful through balls.

He offers us very little outside of finishing chances, but we need to get him into those positions to finish a chance. Something we couldnt do for our lives against Newcastle.

None of this is something we didnt already know before we signed him. We were all very aware.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my take on the man so far: Leaves just before he hits his prime to go to his dream club, fair enough. Then goes to Serie A to mask his decline. Fails to deliver in the Champions

ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GOALS  Theres decent strikers who’ve not done that in their domestic leagues…  He’s not human. 

Always have been. The Messi debate has been laughable for 8 years.

Rumours he has offered himself to Barcelona.

Has spoken with Pique through Mendes.

Xavi has welcomed the potential move.

Will move into Messis old home.

Is disillusioned at lack of service and the non-strategy and direction the club is heading in.

Hates Rashford rumoured to want to kill him. ( I added that for the shits and giggles)🤣

The biggest red top is leading with this.

Edited by PVAD
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my take on the man so far:

• Leaves just before he hits his prime to go to his dream club, fair enough.
  • Then goes to Serie A to mask his decline. Fails to deliver in the Champions League.
  • Obsessed with the Ballon D'or so tries to secure a move to City. Just like Rooney and Tevez before him, he showed that his loyalty was only to himself.
  • City don't want to pay 20 odd million, so he goes back to United and takes the number 7 off Cavani, and then expects the team to be built around him, with players running off the ball for him as if it's 2008 (I still find it shocking that Neville and Keane expect this, if I were a young player in that dressing room I would not be having that.).
  • He sulks, sends coded messages about players born after 1995, stomping off treating the Away fans like dirt, destabilises the team (who didn't need much to unravel, to be fair), 

I would tolerate all this from someone who had shown a modicum of loyalty for the club, he clearly doesn't. I would also tolerate this from a mercenary who is at least one of the best players in the world, but I would not tolerate this from a shadow of a shadow of that player who is reduced to a balloon of hot air, that to all who have eyes in their sockets offers nothing more than Jamie Vardy. Still very impressive at 37, it must be said.

United fans who still idolise this guy are clearly bigger fans of Ronaldo than they are of United. It's either that or they have no self-respect.

With all this in mind, I would do it all over again because only Ronaldo's ego could pop the toxic Solskjaer bubble of happy, happy "progression".

I'll eat all my words if he performs in the next rounds of the Champions League, but I'm not holding my breath.

Harsh! - 

Crystal clear what Ronaldo does & doesn’t give you at this stage of his career- 

massive mis-management by ownership team in not strengthening midfield last summer to give him a platform to succeed

that’s what these muppets do; half back managers! / half solve the problem. Always player or 2 short in transfer window which has a negative knock on effect

guaranteed Ronaldo would be banging the goals in if the knuckle heads behind were  making chances 

I get there’s an argument he wasn’t best signing but far from biggest problem - 

Considering his “disloyalty” in the time he’s been away - what the fuck has anyone else done since?? 

Nobody has come remotely close to achieving what he did before he left. 

“He left us….” Boo-fucking-hoo! It says as much about us as it did him; maybe if we’d shown some ambition, it may have played out differently. 

26 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Considering his “disloyalty” in the time he’s been away - what the fuck has anyone else done since?? 

Nobody has come remotely close to achieving what he did before he left. 

“He left us….” Boo-fucking-hoo! It says as much about us as it did him; maybe if we’d shown some ambition, it may have played out differently. 

Exactly, he achieved those things before he left, which was  13 years ago. Testament to the man for still being around at such a high level, but I'm not going to pretend he's at the level he was just because United is utter dross. It has been so long that he should be judged on a clean slate, not on what he did in 2009.

1 hour ago, CB78 said:

Harsh! - 

Crystal clear what Ronaldo does & doesn’t give you at this stage of his career- 

massive mis-management by ownership team in not strengthening midfield last summer to give him a platform to succeed

that’s what these muppets do; half back managers! / half solve the problem. Always player or 2 short in transfer window which has a negative knock on effect

guaranteed Ronaldo would be banging the goals in if the knuckle heads behind were  making chances 

I get there’s an argument he wasn’t best signing but far from biggest problem - 

So would Ibrahimovic. Scored loads of goals, but I don't think anyone has ever suggested we missed him after we left. The fact that he relies that much on service means he's fulfilling a very specific role (goal poacher),  but he's being treated as a game-changer when he hasn't been that for a very long time.

I agree though, God knows he's not our biggest problem, and I don't mean to convey that.