2021/2022: CL MD1 - Young Boys v Man Utd

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ole.. ole... Ole... You can have Messi,Neymar, mbappe and ronaldo in one team and still loose easily if not coached properly. 

Yeah - I’m gonna need you to find out 

It's gonna be scary... but for us.

Utter disgrace. I thought that the days when United were thoroughly and abjectly humiliated were over.....the laughing stock tag is back! Roll over and roll over again.....but I bet these United players don't give a shit as they pocket five to twenty times the wages that their far superior opponents earned tonight. 

I would be ashamed of myself if I thought that I was a much superior player than my opponent was, yet let him dominate and outclass me....I'll be honest, I just wouldn't let it happen, even on a club night when I took it easy on court I wouldn't lose. My pride and arrogance just wouldn't allow it, especially since I wore my collar up ala Cantona. It just wouldn't happen, yet United have been outplayed and Maquire and Varane and De Gea were beaten time after time by enthusiastic but infinitely weaker attackers.....shameful.

12 to 1 odds to win the European Cup....ha,ha.

24 minutes ago, PVAD said:

When will this manager and coaches ever learn. 

Fucking Cowardly all around ending up playing like Stoke. 

Back 5 against these lot what a joke and those subs were fucking horrible.

We've ruined Ronaldo already.

Fred needs to be shot. 

Ole showed his weakness in game managment once things whent thought. 

5 minutes ago, kevthebad said:

Utter disgrace. I thought that the days when United were thoroughly and abjectly humiliated were over.....the laughing stock tag is back! Roll over and roll over again.....but I bet these United players don't give a shit as they pocket five to twenty times the wages that their far superior opponents earned tonight. 

I would be ashamed of myself if I thought that I was a much superior player than my opponent was, yet let him dominate and outclass me....I'll be honest, I just wouldn't let it happen, even on a club night when I took it easy on court I wouldn't lose. My pride and arrogance just wouldn't allow it, especially since I wore my collar up ala Cantona. It just wouldn't happen, yet United have been outplayed and Maquire and Varane and De Gea were beaten time after time by enthusiastic but infinitely weaker attackers.....shameful.

12 to 1 odds to win the European Cup....ha,ha.

So you are telling me Varane look weaker with an inferior keeper behind him, color me shocked. 

Edited by Mickey Mouse
1 hour ago, kevthebad said:

I would be ashamed of myself if I thought that I was a much superior player than my opponent was, yet let him dominate and outclass me....

Bad coaching shackles players and lets them get away with mediocre performances rewarding them with better contracts instead of showing them the door. 

Tbh though its not atypical that a team performs as we did in an away CL tie before the red. We weren't great but you could easily imagine us coming away with 3 goals as the game wore on. The addition of varane though was a completely negative move, when we still should've felt we had enough class to sneak a win. To top it off we have one of those self destruct moments by a player (in this instance lingard) that have become so frequent under ole. I imagine his team-mates are hugging him and consoling him and he'll still be high up the pecking order when a substitution has to be made.

Edited by John Locke

Comfortable before the red card, but after that the approach was wrong.

I actually think, if anything, we should have been more compact and cautious in our attacking play after the red card than we were.  When you've got 10 men against 11, you have to try to slow the game down as much as possible. Hold onto the ball, be patient, build any attacks slowly and kill the game that way. 

Instead we were trying to get forward too quickly. Passes which were too long, trying to link up with fancy flicks, and players driving forward when they were just going to be isolated against several players.  There was a moment in the game that summed it up - Fernandes out of the right hand side, Ronaldo on the left hand side of the centre circle and Fernandes tries a first time flick (a back heel possibly IIRC) to Ronaldo, which was never going to get there.

Even then it very nearly worked.  Aside from their first goal they didn't create many clear chances until Lingard's error.  However, if you invite so much pressure then you're asking for trouble.

The one, probably only positive, is that it looks like the other game in the group is going to finish up a draw barring a very late goal, so the damage might not be as bad as it could have been.

39 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Yeah - I’m gonna need you to find out 

If you hover over a username in a thread, there's an 'Ignore User' option. I haven't used it though, so don't know if it actually works.

After sending off I thought change of shape & 1st 2 subs made sense - 

Lingard on for Fernandes could see the thinking- Lingard’s fresh legs/runs from deep with Ronaldo still up top could’ve worked?  But taking Ronaldo off at same time don’t get? 

after that it was mess-  all stems from a weak midfield for me, DVB, Fred, Matic not good enough. Pogba is but doesn’t do his job properly when playing deeper.

+ questionable management/decision making- still early days though.  Mcktominay coming back hopefully make difference

2 hours ago, haggler said:

The state of the comments on this thread.

You can’t legislate for Lingards error. The red card meant changes were needed because we want Bruno and Ronaldo for West Ham and those on pitch should have seen the game out. 

Sancho is not up to the pace of the prem yet, Bundesliga is played at a much more measured pace and he needs time to adjust

VDB is sadly another Dan James. Showed promise at lower level but not quite good enough. 

Beat West Ham and you will be creaming again.

I certainly won't. Ole is our Lampard.