1 hour ago, Albert Quixall said:

If he can stay fit. There's a good reason why Real let him go.

They made a contract offer. Granted, they didn’t move heaven and earth but they definitely made a solid effort to keep hold of him. 

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

They made a contract offer. Granted, they didn’t move heaven and earth but they definitely made a solid effort to keep hold of him. 

Injury prone. If he had put in similar performances for Real as he has for us, they'd have binned him long ago. Why is it that decent players turn to shit when they sign for us?

We tend to lose less when he plays. But he's not all that. He's had some poor performances this season. Brighton was as bad as anything we've seen from Maguire. He's a bit of a pussy, so the more physical aspect of The PL has been a shock to him.

He had Ramos/Pepe next to him at Real, with Casemiro in front of them.

For France, he's had Kanté to help protect the defence.

He's a good defender overall, yet probably not as good as his medal haul suggests.

Overall I still rate Varane-   as much we defo have some liabilities in defence I think it's made to look worse by our non existent defensive midfield?

We need to strengthen both defence & midfield this summer

But if it's not all happening in one window (likely the case) I'd prob prioritise defensive centre midfield first?   

I think we may see our defenders starting to look better quite quickly with some proper cover in front of them 

1 hour ago, CB78 said:

Overall I still rate Varane-   as much we defo have some liabilities in defence I think it's made to look worse by our non existent defensive midfield?

We need to strengthen both defence & midfield this summer

But if it's not all happening in one window (likely the case) I'd prob prioritise defensive centre midfield first?   

I think we may see our defenders starting to look better quite quickly with some proper cover in front of them 

Yeah it's been said but it's clear that right now whoever we have at the back is getting far too exposed I agree

Injuries are clearly the concern. He is our best CB when he's fit and on form, but the fact that he hasn't really had as consistent a run of fixtures as we'd like due to the niggling injuries he's been picking up means he hasn't really been able to settle and adapt to the league as well as we'd hoped. 

Add in how collectively bad we are and it's not been a great start for him this season.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/06/2022 at 11:24, TFIA said:

Injured for France.

What a scam.

Real knew they had a monster in Militão. Even if he's the rawest CB ever.

I wonder if Real will play with three at the back next season now that Rüdiger has been confirmed.

Alaba could move back to LB, I guess.

7 hours ago, O said:

Real knew they had a monster in Militão. Even if he's the rawest CB ever.

I wonder if Real will play with three at the back next season now that Rüdiger has been confirmed.

Alaba could move back to LB, I guess.

They also knew Varane was getting older and more prone to injuries. They picked up a nice fee from us and we picked up the player's treatment costs.