The Jadon Sancho thread (feels goooood, man)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

James without the pace.

It's going to take him a while. We're a different outfit to BVB - look at how he plays for England. Most importantly @JJtheRed raved about him which was an immediate red flag.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, O said:

He looked weak and lacking in explosiveness at times. He did show some glimpses of what he can do though.

Good finish.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up playing through the middle at some point for us.

He’s at his best when passing and moving. You need to get players around him who’ll do the same. He isn’t suited to just beating guys individually and creating stuff out of nothing like we were asking him to. 

Gonna need more from the full backs if he’s to really get going.

In recent performances we're starting to see more consistent spells of his attacking qualities in games. He's got so much ability on the football and definitely suited to a more quick passing, give & go approach from wide positions. I feel players like Bruno & Cavani link-up best with him.

Encouraging signs of late and definitely much more to come from Sancho. 

By far his best performance for us so far.

I'd have liked to have seen us get the ball to him a bit more than we did, but he looked very bright, much more comfortable and confident on the ball, and of course the two great pieces of play for his missed chance and then his finish.

He needed a big moment to boost his confidence, so hopefully that performance and particularly the goal can push him on. We need to give him a run of games now.