The Jadon Sancho thread (feels goooood, man)

Sancho has been used to a certain style of play and league. I think oles style is definitely hampering him from getting in good positions and no doubt this will impact his confidence although i had hoped we'd see more from him despite all that. He's at a bigger club now so he'll have to develop his game as many other players have. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

James without the pace.

It's going to take him a while. We're a different outfit to BVB - look at how he plays for England. Most importantly @JJtheRed raved about him which was an immediate red flag.  

He's just going to fail spectacularly under the current regime. He's not a player who you just let run free and hope for the best. He can be a part of a great attacking unit as he has been but we don't provide that. 

I feel bad for him. He's getting brutally exposed like never before and he's lucky Ronaldo has taken the limelight away. Looks completely lost out there and you can tell already people are lowering the standards to justify some of his form which has been abysmal.

Get him out of the team until we have a football manager.

He's going to be sitting behind Rashford for a long time, at least until Ronaldo strangles Marcus for shooting too much. 

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

He's just going to fail spectacularly under the current regime. He's not a player who you just let run free and hope for the best. He can be a part of a great attacking unit as he has been but we don't provide that. 

I feel bad for him. He's getting brutally exposed like never before and he's lucky Ronaldo has taken the limelight away. Looks completely lost out there and you can tell already people are lowering the standards to justify some of his form which has been abysmal.

Get him out of the team until we have a football manager.

He's going to be sitting behind Rashford for a long time, at least until Ronaldo strangles Marcus for shooting too much. 

He was better last night than his other showings. But yeah, very slow adaption. Doesn't suit playing in a team that plays direct and spam crosses.

He needs to play in a possession based team who play in close proximity. And at Dortmund, he had Hakimi/Menuier and Guerreiro to overlap and combine with. He doesn't have the raw speed to take on his FB regularly without support.

ten Hag would unlock Sancho and vdB.

3 hours ago, Jay007 said:

Much better performance from him today when he came on.  He badly scuffed his shot when he had a decent opportunity towards the end, but overall he looked much sharper and much more dangerous than he has in previous games.

Hopefully this is him getting up to speed now.

One of the few positives today IMO - cautiously optimistic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheManc said:

He was decent but he looks sooooooo slowwww

Wouldn't need to be fast in a good system.

Shaw rarely overlaps. He prefers to cross from deep or drive inside with the ball himself. 

Ole waited on this guy for 2 years and it's like he never watched him play before. He's never been fast. I'd say he's a 6.5 out of 10. Foden isn't fast over long distances either, but can still be brilliant from wide.

Our style of play is shocking. It's no coincidence that the only games we created a high number of chances in were against Leeds and Atalanta. They are a dream opponent. Atalanta would have fared better if they didn't have as many defensive injuries. But in a you attack, we attack scenario... we have better forwards who can outscore Bamford, Zapata, etc.

Is afraid to shoot.

Gets into good positions and forces a pass.

Has probably beaten a defender 1 time so far.

Mata would give him a good go in a foot race.

Looking at him now, i dont actually know what he needs to do to come good. A complete change in system probably. 

17 hours ago, Jay007 said:

He's working hard, but he doesn't seem to have much confidence in himself or believe that he deserves to be here.  He's so hesitant to try anything and takes an easy option every time.

I think he needs something to happen, a goal or a big assist to give him a confidence boost.

Send him to West Ham on loan. Did wonders for Lingard.

based on past experience around the world, one has to be cautious when buying from Dortmund. so many players left Dortmund and did nothing elsewhere. you can even extend that to Bundesliga. many good players there but in recent times not many went to other leagues and lived up to expectations.  

Different pressure;  always my beef when people start gushing about Dortmund- well run club run this / well run club that 

They win very little (recent) trophy wise in a much easier league than the premiership where there only real main competition should be Bayern 

and that seems to be fine expectation wise - well run club.  

Compare that with likes of UTD/Barca/Munich/Chelsea where some recent Dortmund players have gone whole diff ball game 

Really think Sancho will come gd-  he’d settle better with consistent/confident team performance & better coach but will still come gd in time

Edited by CB78
T
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TheManc said:

So where does he fit in with this 3-5-2? 

10 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

He was billed as “anywhere across the front line…” so I assume so.

Probably can’t hit Pogba / Bruno long balls but he’s set up Haaland etc with a  variety of passes. 

mostly this ^^ 

Though I think he could work as one of split strikers depending on who the other one in the 2 is

play him no. 10 in same 3-5-2 formation- rotate;  combo of Rashford / Greenwood & Sancho's pace could run havoc!  I'd like to see it 

Younger legs should be able press more effectively also 

Lingard prob deserves place more based on recent form but if he's not signing a new contract why develop him at the expense of stalling Sancho?