2020/2021: EL - Final - Villareal vs Man Utd

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rashford should have been subbed off literally an hour ago. And he's now gonna be given the chance to miss one of our pens. He's playing that bad.

He has cost us the game with his everything. One of his worst performance ever and he still is on the pitch. Make some subs ole u prick.

Rashford has at least 17 pics of Ole and a goat - has to!    Let’s bring off one of our best penalty takers..... 

What a shitshow from ole. De gea hasnt saved a pen for 5 years. He had subs left so why not use Hender son?

Why did he stay with Rashford? Lindelof and bailly are a mistake waiting to happen. But with the amount of ball we had that should have been over 

It shows how really poor the Premier league is when a mediocre team like United finishs second, and can't even beat Sheffield United or the seventh best team in Spain.....won't even get through the group in champions league again!

Zidane has quit and so has conte.. 

Before thinking about DDG, Pogba or any position in the market we need to rethink about the most important post in the club. But knowing the club we will persist with ole and continue to suffer. 

Just saw that donnarumma is available as a free agent. 

Edited by nirav
2 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

Teams generally raise their performance for cup finals or semi finals and so any quality gap is bridged. That’s where a managers tactical ability comes into play. We’ll never win anything of substance with Solksjaer as manager. Ever.

Indeed. Emery is a good coach who was hard done by at Arsenal.

Just now, John Locke said:

When it reached pens we had already disgraced ourselves and winning in that manner would've just papered over the cracks. We aren't winning anything of note the next couple of years. Ole is just keeping the seat warm for someone else. The question is for how much longer.

He's not, though. They're genuinely backing this man long term! If we spend another £150 odd million this window and there's nothing significant to show for it, then even the most loyal Ole fan will have to start asking questions.

De Gea has conceded the last 36 penalties he's faced

Ole is absolute trash. Shame he's been protected from criticism thanks to his pals at Sky and the fact that we've sleepwalked into second place in the most misleading finish in the league I can remember

4 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Kinda wish Milan had ended us when they had the chance.

Wish we had ended 4th in the group rather than fucking around with this also-ran shitehouse competition in the first place 

4 minutes ago, kevthebad said:

De Gea last fuck up for United, Hendo should have been on for pens. De Gea worst goalie in world for pens, but we already knew that, surely Ole should have. 

Oles failure continues!

Hate say it but, if there was ever player that deserved to cost us this final the maner he did then that player is David De Gea. 

1 minute ago, Albert Quixall said:

What a bloody fiasco. Some great penalties from both sides but my goodness, some of them should have been saved.

Thats what happens when you start the most overrated dross of keeper in the final. 

2 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Wish we had ended 4th in the group rather than fucking around with this also-ran shitehouse competition in the first place 

UEFA has lot answer for with this 3rd place fiasco that has lasted since 1999-2000. 

Apart from Leeds and Southampton United have never played well for more than 20 minutes or 30 minutes in any game that they have played. 

The number of games that we have conceded the first goal, generally from opponents first attack, has been recurring and any decent manager should be resolving this. Ole doesn't seem to be able to alter anything, and certainly can't tactically change things. 

I hate how United have been since SAF left. I don't even want us to win things but to play more attack minded football more regularly. Leeds United under Bielsa have been great to watch. 100 per cent attack after attack. United just pass from side to side across the back four and are so ponderous and slow in build up play, its mind numbing. ABW can't cross a ball, so goes backwards or passes to midfield instead of putting the ball in the box, Shaw has been better on the left but Trent Alexander Arnold is Beckham like with crosses. 

I really miss the sixties way of playing 2 3 5 with two wingers, a centre forward and an inside right and left.....pure attacking football like it was when I played in school trams. Especially with Law Best Charlton Aston Morgan Kidd up front.

3 minutes ago, kevthebad said:

Apart from Leeds and Southampton United have never played well for more than 20 minutes or 30 minutes in any game that they have played. 

The number of games that we have conceded the first goal, generally from opponents first attack, has been recurring and any decent manager should be resolving this. Ole doesn't seem to be able to alter anything, and certainly can't tactically change things. 

I hate how United have been since SAF left. I don't even want us to win things but to play more attack minded football more regularly. Leeds United under Bielsa have been great to watch. 100 per cent attack after attack. United just pass from side to side across the back four and are so ponderous and slow in build up play, its mind numbing. ABW can't cross a ball, so goes backwards or passes to midfield instead of putting the ball in the box, Shaw has been better on the left but Trent Alexander Arnold is Beckham like with crosses. 

I really miss the sixties way of playing 2 3 5 with two wingers, a centre forward and an inside right and left.....pure attacking football like it was when I played in school teams. Especially with Law Best Charlton Aston Morgan Kidd up front.

I think Ole played the right team. (Maybe not Lindelof), we were all asking for Pogs as a CM2. The issue is how he sets up the tactics within this . He placid, with no intent to attack and goals. We needed to go for the kill and score goals!!  

3 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

Of course it does.... 

What a freak. 

Was I wrong again? Truned out that the fraud costed us the final.

2 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

DDG playing mind games 🤣

he is so meak that their players probably improved in confidence of scoring. 

2 hours ago, kevthebad said:

Bruno has been pretty quiet. Cantona would have scored the winning goal!

Nobody should be comparing King Eric Cantona to him. Fernandes is not fit to lay his boots. 

2 hours ago, robbo777 said:

A child could beat DeGea from the spot

They could have allowed all of the Villareal fans in the stand to take pen against him and he wouldn't save one. 

Edited by Mickey Mouse
7 hours ago, kevthebad said:

Someone like rodgers would be an improvement. At least he can get teams playing in a certain way that can get the best out of players instead of relying on a few flashes of brilliance from individuals. However it seems we have lowered our expectations due to what has happened before solskjaer took over. The appointment of moyes was clearly a mistake and then van gaal was brought in to stabilise the club but not be a long term solution as he was near retirement. Mourinho is served up as the excuse that we have tried to big name manager. Despite what happened during his time which on the face of it doesn't look that bad there is no reason to not pursue the most qualified candidate. 

I think there are enough valid reasons to sack solskjaer already especially off the back of this defeat. This season should've been bridging the gap with city and winning a trophy.