8 hours ago, O said:

Wonder if vdS would be an option to replace him?

If he gives Ole a new deal, no. But if he has sense and appoints a top manager, yeah.

VdS is a completely different kind of professional compared to Woodward. Woodward put his nose in football things and failed .VdS would be a better in football processes ,but I am doubting his success in sponsorship sector.

ps

Was told that Bayern Munich have a board of Directors full of football men with full understanding what the football game actually is and a club structure allows both football and business to work successful for now Not surprised they were against that shit the ESL .

6 hours ago, Pap1918 said:

VdS is a completely different kind of professional compared to Woodward. Woodward put his nose in football things and failed .VdS would be a better in football processes ,but I am doubting his success in sponsorship sector.

ps

Was told that Bayern Munich have a board of Directors full of football men with full understanding what the football game actually is and a club structure allows both football and business to work successful for now Not surprised they were against that shit the ESL .

I know.

What I'm saying is vdS is no for me if gives Ole a new deal.

Ah, who am I kidding. Ole will be here forever. I shouldn't let it drive me to the brink of suicide like it has.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumours that Woodward will actually be kept on at the club next year, in a consultancy role. And also sounds like Richard Arnold, who's got a great relationship with him, will step up as Ed's successor. 

Basically insures no real changes moving forward, even for Ole's successor. Whenever that'll be. 

The Glazers love both of these guys. And they'll keep Ole as manager for as long as possible, probably until Champions League is unachievable. 

I think it's unlikely we'll finish 4th now which will surely see solskjaer leaving at the end of the season if not earlier. I know we have gone on runs before but this time the problems around the performances and within the squad seem to be on a whole new level. I won't be watching all the games that's for sure as the brand of football is abysmal for what this club is capable of. Meanwhile i probably won't be wanting us to lose in the hope it sparks a change. They're evidently not keen on bringing a caretaker in or moving heaven and earth to get an elite manager before the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CB78 said:

Not sure what the stats are from the 70’s / 80’s?  In football terms Woodward’s reign must go down as one of the worst in UTD’s recent history?

This is why it sickens me to see that prick Souness constantly defend the Glazers and citing their investment.

They let the unqualified fuck who overseen that abysmal investment stay in a job for years despite failure after failure. It’s the most revealing aspect of the club’s priorities that Woodward was never held accountable for overseeing the decline of the football club. The whole structure is rotten from the top down.

I see so many fans commenting online saying they can't wait to see Ed Woodward leave this club and rightly so. But people are failing to realise that the United Board are more than likely putting Richard Arnold in his place as CEO. They're just promoting within the club. Arnold is a close friend of Wodwards, an accountant who reports  to Ed in the current setup. Nothing changes on the football side here with Woodward leaving as CEO. In fact he's probably going to still be part of the club in a new consultancy role when he finally leaves as CEO. Many fans are just failing to see what's happening behind the scenes here.

It's ridiculous. People need to wake up and realise even when a new manager comes in, it doesn't change the fact that we have a truly incompetent board making the all important football decisions at this club. 

• 1 month later...

The Gnome will go earlier than expected he finally fucks off on 1st February with Arnold becoming chief executive rather than vice chairman but basically running the show.

Ambition is to win the Premiership in 5 years time just the FIVE then LMFAO nothing like thinking big is there!! 

Bbbwwwhhaahhaaaaa!!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally at the end of another totally wasted transfer window, he's thankfully finally GONE!

Just like his first window in charge. The one where David Moyes ended up at the last minute with the big haired guy from his old club, and no one else.....when he asked for loads more.

This window a half decent midfielder was essential to try and ensure 4th place. What's he done, F all again. Even the masses of players who are costing United massive wages, thanks to Ed, who want to leave this poisoned club. Every one of them are still here, bleeding all the profits, just like the Glasers. And then there's Pogba, £90 million to bring him back, massive wages, and how does he thank the club. He walks at the end of the season for free. £90 million, and not one penny gained back for his sale. That sums up entirely Eds mismanagement at this club!

Goodbye and bloody good riddance!

13 hours ago, kevthebad said:

Finally at the end of another totally wasted transfer window, he's thankfully finally GONE!

Just like his first window in charge. The one where David Moyes ended up at the last minute with the big haired guy from his old club, and no one else.....when he asked for loads more.

This window a half decent midfielder was essential to try and ensure 4th place. What's he done, F all again. Even the masses of players who are costing United massive wages, thanks to Ed, who want to leave this poisoned club. Every one of them are still here, bleeding all the profits, just like the Glasers. And then there's Pogba, £90 million to bring him back, massive wages, and how does he thank the club. He walks at the end of the season for free. £90 million, and not one penny gained back for his sale. That sums up entirely Eds mismanagement at this club!

Goodbye and bloody good riddance!

Hear hear!

• 4 months later...

2bo6seqf1r291.png

Just look at that shit.

Has any person done so much damage to a football club?

Bartomeu crippled Barcelona financially but at least they remained competitive. It was also as much Messi's fault at his.

If Woodward was an agent sent by the UAE he couldn't have executed the mission any better. 

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

Just look at that shit.

Has any person done so much damage to a football club?

Bartomeu crippled Barcelona financially but at least they remained competitive. It was also as much Messi's fault at his.

If Woodward was an agent sent by the UAE he couldn't have executed the mission any better. 

I thought he was  some kind of financial genius? He's the cunt that told Klopp that United was "Disneyland for adults" and he's the cunt that sat in a Mayfair office letting every agent name his price. Mr, Big Shot.

• 2 months later...

woody is giving tony blair (the no.1 asshole) vibes. he's gone but just out of office. he's still behind the scenes consulting and advising. i have said before that United is run by Elite Managers. Woodward is the perfect "elite manager" and Murtough and Arnold are his subordinates. until Glazers put these kind at the helm we will not see long term success. both groups should be thrown out of the club.

1 hour ago, utd4life said:

woody is giving tony blair (the no.1 asshole) vibes. he's gone but just out of office. he's still behind the scenes consulting and advising. i have said before that United is run by Elite Managers. Woodward is the perfect "elite manager" and Murtough and Arnold are his subordinates. until Glazers put these kind at the helm we will not see long term success. both groups should be thrown out of the club.

As if Woodward knew how to run the club. They've got Gill, Fergie, and Robbo there as some sort of think tank haven't they? Why are they going to that poisonous dwarf?

Apparently, it's satire. The fact that hundreds of United fans probably believe it shows what we've become.

Never mind lads, Michael Knighton is waiting in the wings ready to swoop in and save the day. Allegedly, his plan is for him and his 'consortium' to buy out the Glazers, then sell the club to a buyer who can afford the money to pay for a new team, stadium upkeep, and revamped training facilities. Also, there are rumours of a hedge fund in NY that is looking at their options. Sounds like more pie-in-the-sky.