Jump to content

2020/2021: PL Matchday 32 - Man Utd v Burnley


Recommended Posts

--------------------------------Henderson-------------------------------

AWB--------------Bailly---------------------Maguire-----------Shaw

--------------------McTom---------------------Fred----------------------

Greenwood-----------------Bruno------------------Pogba

----------------------------------Cavani----------------------------------

Should rest Rasfhford. A 2 week rest before Leeds would be good for a final push until the end of the season. Bailly to come in. We'll probably pin Burnley back all game and he allows us to press up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Cavani benched is a sick joke. 
 

Far and away our best / only centre forward at the moment. 

Not much point having him in there amongst four massive blokes of Burnley, keep him fresh, bring him on last half hour if we’re still chasing a goal 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Not much point having him in there amongst four massive blokes of Burnley, keep him fresh, bring him on last half hour if we’re still chasing a goal 

Cavani is hardly a shrinking violet. He can mix it with the best of them. He's on form and scoring goals. Start him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Albert Quixall said:

Cavani is hardly a shrinking violet. He can mix it with the best of them. He's on form and scoring goals. Start him.

Idea being dribbling and pace needed to beat a Burnley low block, not a more conventional striker, but we will see

 

I get it is all I’m saying, lots of important games still to come 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Idea being dribbling and pace needed to beat a Burnley low block, not a more conventional striker, but we will see

 

I get it is all I’m saying, lots of important games still to come 

I get what you're saying but I've always thought that you should play the men in form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Not much point having him in there amongst four massive blokes of Burnley, keep him fresh, bring him on last half hour if we’re still chasing a goal 

Movement. Movement. Movement. 

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t help feeling those holding Henderson up as the saviour are in line for disappointment.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Movement. Movement. Movement. 

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t help feeling those holding Henderson up as the saviour are in line for disappointment.... 

not convinced he’s our long term solution either but he’s at least as good as Ddg right now so may as well stick with him until summer and then evaluate 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cavani had been on we would be 2 up.

Greenwood missed two chances that Cavani would have scored.

Yet again a team with very limited resources controls the first half of the game against us. This could be a really hard game for us. Wood has had about five chances so far looks almost as good as Cavani! They are a strong physical team and at the moment are looking comfortable for a draw.

United really have to control midfield much better and be far more creative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...