2020/2021: EL - Round of 16 (2nd Leg) - Milan vs Man Utd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

??

AWB and James must be the most toothless attacking threat in top tier football.

Bellion Cryuff Bebe >>>James ??

6 minutes ago, O said:

Arsenal, United & Ajax are the only good teams left.

Should be looking to win it from here.

We know Solskjaers powers when his back is against the wall...some voodoo shit going on!! 

Edited by PVAD
8 minutes ago, PVAD said:

We know Solskjaers powers when his back is against the wall...some voodoo shit going on!! 

Hate our style so much. 

That was a Milan XI missing Calabria, Romagnoli, Bennacer, Rebić, Leão & Zlatan from their starting XI. 

The 3 subs they brought on were stronger than the 3 players subbed off.

Yet we made them look like world beaters for a game & a half.

Tbh, I should just quit tonight. I really dislike Ole the manager. He gets away with murder at times.

7 minutes ago, O said:

Yet we made them look like world beaters for a game & a half.

Tbh, I should just quit tonight. I really dislike Ole the manager. He gets away with murder at times.

Milan were well drilled but nothing more. That we have one or two match winners and they don't made the difference in the end. 

1 minute ago, John Locke said:

Milan were well drilled but nothing more. That we have one or two match winners and they don't made the difference in the end. 

They were missing half of their starting XI between both games, yet still played better football than us. Well drilled by a good coach who can get his squad players to carry out the basics.

Their match winners are Zlatan, Rebić, Çalhanoğlu and Theo. They played 205 minutes over 2 legs between them from a possible 720 mins.

The Henderson save to deny Zlatan from Çalhanoğlu's cross was what won us the game. Made up for last week's mistake.

7 hours ago, O said:

They were missing half of their starting XI between both games, yet still played better football than us. Well drilled by a good coach who can get his squad players to carry out the basics.

Their match winners are Zlatan, Rebić, Çalhanoğlu and Theo. They played 205 minutes over 2 legs between them from a possible 720 mins.

The Henderson save to deny Zlatan from Çalhanoğlu's cross was what won us the game. Made up for last week's mistake.

I wouldn't swap any of their players for bruno or pogba. Zlatan was gifted a chance because we hadn't figured out that leaving him to be marked one v one against a short left back wasnt a good idea. That aside i think milan had a good tactical approach. They had obviously seen and learned from our league games and worked out how to nullify our threats. Still it wasn't enough and its now uniteds tournament to lose.

Edited by John Locke
4 hours ago, John Locke said:

I wouldn't swap any of their players for bruno or pogba. Zlatan was gifted a chance because we hadn't figured out that leaving him to be marked one v one against a short left back wasnt a good idea. That aside i think milan had a good tactical approach. They had obviously seen and learned from our league games and worked out how to nullify our threats. Still it wasn't enough and its now uniteds tournament to lose.

Eh, what has swapping players got to do with Milan largely outplaying us without key players over 2 legs?

That's the whole point. I don't want any of Milan's players. Yet they still outplayed us.

Good in spells, poor in others. It was a much better performance than the first leg, which was admittedly a low bar, but we made a bright start to both halves and it was a good professional performance in the second half, a typical European away game performance.

Pogba continued the form he was in before his injury and obviously made the difference, not just with his goal but his all-round play was really good and he seemed to drive the team on.  Possibly MOTM because of that, but Lindelof would also have been a strong shout. He was excellent throughout the game, made some crucial challenges and was in control for the whole match.

All in all, a good night for us and a decent draw in the next round.