Premier League title race 2020/2021

0n0waYa.png

Very tight at the top. There will be lots of twists and turns before the end of May. But it should go down to the last game or two.

City are hitting form at right time. They play Villa next who have 3 games in hand! But they could be rusty after 3 weeks without playing. City have a fairly easy run of games outside of that game.

Still wouldn't rule out Spurs either. The old Mourinho would have seen out the games against West Ham and Fulham. They'd be top joint top. Yet they are still within reach of United.

Logic says City, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, O said:

0n0waYa.png

Very tight at the top. There will be lots of twists and turns before the end of May. But it should go down to the last game or two.

City are hitting form at right time. They play Villa next who have 3 games in hand! But they could be rusty after 3 weeks without playing. City have a fairly easy run of games outside of that game.

Still wouldn't rule out Spurs either. The old Mourinho would have seen out the games against West Ham and Fulham. They'd be top joint top. Yet they are still within reach of United.

Logic says City, but who knows.

City for me. We will fall away and Liverpool without VVD look beatable and don't have that hunger they had last year. Leicester aren't all that and Spurs will drop points. City have the experience and, as you say, they are in good form. Even Stones is scoring goals.

Us or city. I'm not going to jump on the city bandwagon and talk like they've got it in the bag already just because it seems they've turned the corner of late. We just dropped points at Anfield, hardly cause for panic and outside of that we look like we have it in us to win most games.

2 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Us or city. I'm not going to jump on the city bandwagon and talk like they've got it in the bag already just because it seems they've turned the corner of late. We just dropped points at Anfield, hardly cause for panic and outside of that we look like we have it in us to win most games.

We might not repeat our 37-40 points tally from 19 games in the 2nd half of the season. We got lucky in some games.

It will be very close. And I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool retain it. Depends on if they sign a CB or not. Thiago will be a huge asset to them after he's gotten a few games under his belt. You could see glimpses of his quality today. Fabinho looks very capable of playing CB. They'd be foolish not to enter the market for a CB to partner him, as Matip and Gomez have proven to be injury prone at this stage. And who knows if van Dijk will ever be the same again.

It will be between United, City & Liverpool. Winners will do well to get 80 points. The standards are lower. And Covid brigs a lot of fatigue.

City will win it by 5-7. We are not good enough and we'll end up battling for top 4. Spurs on paper have an outside chance but I don't think a congested fixture list works in Mourinho's favour. Too many battles in too short space of time. Liverpool are having their first dump in form for 2 and a half years, it happens and their squad is stretched. 

17 minutes ago, TheManc said:

City will go on a big run now. They will open up a big lead on whoever comes second. Villa, West Brom, Sheffield Utd and Burnley is 12 points while we will probably drop points, especially when we have Arsenal-Everton-Southampton.

Not sure how sharp Villa will be after 3 weeks off. But that's the one they slip up in if they do drop points.

It's actually scandalous how quickly the games are coming. Basically every 3 games. Our ability to keep Covid out of the camp and reducing injuries is probably why we're 1st tbh. Both City & Liverpool haven't matched us in those areas.

If we suddenly got an injury to Bruno or lost a few players to Covid, I think we'd struggle.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool have shown great fight since we knocked them out of the cup.

Their away form is usually their weakness, and now they've beaten both Spurs and West Ham 3-1 on the road this week.

I think we'll finish 3rd behind City & Liverpool.

The Vardy injury is a huge blow to Leicester. Bad loss at home to Leeds today.

Chelsea might go on a run and snatch 4th. They look to be enjoying the way Tuchel has them playing.