2020/2021: PL Matchday 18 - Liverpool vs Man Utd

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been saying for weeks that Rashford's overall play has been subpar, despite good numbers in terms of goals + assists. Not enough combination play from our attackers. Too much individualism

Cannot wait for this to kick off, I just logged in to write here.  We will win, and we have to win, no matter how. We're in the dynamic where we are winning points no matter what, and they're in

The ball over the top is on all the time. If Rashford had a better understanding of what offsides are / was able to control the ball like a professional footballer on a more consistent basis, we could

Cowardly selection from Solskjaer.

Rashford and Martial are just awful of late. Fucking Henderson will not have an easier game. Cavani, Greenwood and Van should have all started.

Should have gone for it.

Disappointing they were there for the taking.

Edited by PVAD
Just now, O said:

I hate our style of play. Just counters.

We've been terrible in the big games this season.

A draw is always a good result at Anfield, but we missed an opportunity to end their home record.

That’s the future under Ole-  potentially win us trophies but I agree wanted to see UTD evolve into more than counter attacking team 

truth is it’s type of football majority of UTD fanbase & ex players pundits want-  any manager that comes in tries to develop more sophisticated Possession based tactics won’t last 

5 hours ago, CB78 said:

0-0 @ Anfield not bad result all in 

feels like missed opportunity though 

Next season Klopp will count points above the relegation zone. United dropped points for sure. Bad result vs drained side. I didn't expect these cunts to be so poor to be honest.

Edited by Pap1918
2 minutes ago, CB78 said:

That’s the future under Ole-  potentially win us trophies but I agree wanted to see UTD evolve into more than counter attacking team 

truth is it’s type of football majority of UTD fanbase & ex players pundits want-  any manager that comes in tries to develop more sophisticated Possession based tactics won’t last 

And that's the reason we underachieve in Europe. We are one-dimensional. It's great watching 100mph football played but the days of 'we'll score one more than you' are gone. Van Gaal had the right idea but he was far too rigid and wouldn't let the players play when the opportunity arose. Ole has fluked his way to the top but he did not know how to take advantage of Liverpool's poor form and weakened defence. Mourinho would have torn them a new one.

9 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Bruno’s chance was harder than it looked. 

Not really. Lift it.

Pogba's was a huge chance as well.

Fabinho is a monstrous footballer. He's taken to CB so well. Hugely competitive player who knows how to bend the rules. Wish we had a cunt like him.

The disappointing aspect was not exploiting Henderson enough. He did alright at CB.

3 minutes ago, O said:

Not really. Lift it.

Pogba's was a huge chance as well.

Fabinho is a monstrous footballer. He's taken to CB so well. Hugely competitive player who knows how to bend the rules. Wish we had a cunt like him.

The disappointing aspect was not exploiting Henderson enough. He did alright at CB.

Well Maybe if Rashford would play a pass instead of trying to dribble across every defender we'd have created more chances.

Need to bench him.

If we play the next 90 minutes against Fulham like that we will not score there either.

Poor game really, lots of bad passing from us again. Just wait till we get a good right winger, obviously not Pogba. Cavani is totally being wasted, no one puts the ball into the box for him. Liverpool will finish above us at the seasons end, and City will win it!

Just now, rezzy said:

Well Maybe if Rashford would play a pass instead of trying to dribble across every defender we'd have created more chances.

Need to bench him.

I have been saying for weeks that Rashford's overall play has been subpar, despite good numbers in terms of goals + assists.

Not enough combination play from our attackers. Too much individualism.

3 minutes ago, O said:

I have been saying for weeks that Rashford's overall play has been subpar, despite good numbers in terms of goals + assists.

We alll saw that when Cavani was free when we hit them at the counter when Rashford ran himself into courner. pre Pogba change. 

Edited by Mickey Mouse
1 minute ago, Mickey Mouse said:

We alll saw that when Cavani was free when we hit them at the counter pre Pogba change. 

I was screaming at Rashford to release the ball to Cavani. He does that and it takes Fabinho out of the game.

4 minutes ago, O said:

Belies poor coaching. I don't know what Fletcher brings to the table but there was very little in terms of tactical switches during the game. No wonder Bruno was pissed off. He knew the dippers were tiring at the end.

29 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

I was screaming at Rashford to release the ball to Cavani. He does that and it takes Fabinho out of the game.

Belies poor coaching. I don't know what Fletcher brings to the table but there was very little in terms of tactical switches during the game. No wonder Bruno was pissed off. He knew the dippers were tiring at the end.

It was horrible taking Bruno of at 90th.

I would have taken a point before the game tbh, so content with the result. I do think we could have pushed more in the second half, but even with our approach we still had the two best chances of the game. We also got into good positions, but sloppy play for our attacking players meant we didn't get anywhere.  

Fine margins means if we'd taken a chance and won the game we'd have probably won some praise for getting it right tactically, but drawing leads to asking "what if?"

On 17/01/2021 at 22:22, U4L said:

Lots of questions will be asked of Ole. 

I think I understand his cautious approach though at this stage but we do need to go toe to toe with these teams as we progress.

Do not expect a progress from Ole and his staff.

Still wonder what they did when they had a 1st read of their starting 11 or had a look at Shaquiri ( 3 1/2 feet inches height when hands lifted)!? What they planned to change assuming liverpool had another reason to be weakened!?  United payed millions for Donny van de Beek , Cavani was available too .In other hand Martial was not fully match fit !? They should adapt the game plan as per the need even minutes before the kick off or at the half time .  I am trying to say that United should build a solid midfield with one midfielder more , the ball should be retained far from the DDG and heat at scousers should be as much closer to their goal.