2020/2021: PL Matchday 18 - Liverpool vs Man Utd

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been saying for weeks that Rashford's overall play has been subpar, despite good numbers in terms of goals + assists. Not enough combination play from our attackers. Too much individualism

Cannot wait for this to kick off, I just logged in to write here.  We will win, and we have to win, no matter how. We're in the dynamic where we are winning points no matter what, and they're in

The ball over the top is on all the time. If Rashford had a better understanding of what offsides are / was able to control the ball like a professional footballer on a more consistent basis, we could

Anfield is a fortress, so a win here really would be unicorn stuff.

It's been nearly 4 years since they last lost a PL game at home.

But... I do think they will feel the pressure heading into this one. A loss would be a disaster for them. Must not lose.

A draw is good for us, but even better for City who really should be looking to win 6/7 games on the bounce starting with Brighton tomorrow.

A tight 1-1 draw is likely. They've mainly been low scoring games the past few years.

42 minutes ago, O said:

Anfield is a fortress, so a win here really would be unicorn stuff.

It's been nearly 4 years since they last lost a PL game at home.

But... I do think they will feel the pressure heading into this one. A loss would be a disaster for them. Must not lose.

A draw is good for us, but even better for City who really should be looking to win 6/7 games on the bounce starting with Brighton tomorrow.

A tight 1-1 draw is likely. They've mainly been low scoring games the past few years.

Also a chance of Henderson and Fabinho as a CB pairing against our full strength attackers (provided they show up)

44 minutes ago, Noxious said:

Also a chance of Henderson and Fabinho as a CB pairing against our full strength attackers (provided they show up)

They can get by with Fabinho, but not both.

I'd say Matip will definitely play. They'll risk him if they have to.

--------------------------------------DDG------------------------------------

AWB-------------Bailly--------------------------Maguire-------------Shaw

-------------------McTom--------------------------Fred----------------------

Rashford----------------------Bruno------------------------Pogba

------------------------------------Cavani-------------------------------------------

I'm assuming Martial is injured.

3 minutes ago, TheManc said:

--------------------------------------DDG------------------------------------

AWB-------------Bailly--------------------------Maguire-------------Shaw

-------------------McTom--------------------------Fred----------------------

Rashford----------------------Bruno------------------------Pogba

------------------------------------Cavani-------------------------------------------

I'm assuming Martial is injured.

I think it would be crazy not to play Rashford up against TAA. Pin him back. He's not having a great season. Trent.

You can't afford a luxury player like Pogba against Liverpool. Not with the way their full-backs play. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan James plays, as he can help track the runs of Robertson/TAA.

This is the one game where I don't mind us being extra defensive. Get a point and move on.

I'd maybe consider:

Rashford-------Cavani

Bruno

Telles-------Fred------McTominay-----AWB

Shaw-----Maguire-----Bailly

De Gea

Same starting 11  ,

gRv0Yo5Z?format=png&name=small

Probably Instead of Martial  one midfielder more . Someone from Van de Beek ,McTominay ,Fred. Depends who eventually is picked ,the team set up to be adjusted . My favorite is DvB .

It would be some surprise for Klopp,TV pundits,RWAK etc,but anyway VAR staff will be very ,very busy .

Awaiting with interest how the next 3 points might enter into the bag.

It's a some kind of optimism ,but I am talking about a game vs drained Klopp's side ( 3rd in a row) and not about chances of winning the PL where my concerns comes from Citeh ( few games on spare and raising form to mention ) .

with few words ...more crowded mid of the park and a bit freedom for Pogba the Prick who gives signs to find the ball as he did long time ago ,but with Juve shirt. Also trust on Matic .

Feels strange to be in a top of the table clash, can’t even remember when that happened last. Let alone against the dippers. 

We can’t approach it like the City cup game or we are done for, we need to take all three points to be serious contenders, a draw isn’t enough. AWB will be targeted again, he needs a good game to reclaim some form.

Edited by robbo777
13 hours ago, O said:

Have a feeling that we'll win 1-0 tomorrow and then immediately undo it by drawing with Fulham on Wednesday.

Something like this I expect. 0-1, 1-2, undeserved, hopefully.

I just hope, as every time we visit that place, but even more this time, that we win, if possible in added time and with a terrible VAR call. Cannot wish for my usual offside goal, so a bad VAR call will have to do.

1-2, Bruno and Cavani. Match for grown men, both of them are. 

I am not looking forward to this game. I think there is a great risk that our bubble could be well and truly burst, and that will kill the growing confidence.

That said, if Liverpool haven't lost at home for four years in the league its time someone did beat them, and Uniteds away form is exemplary.

It will take 90plus minutes of extreme concentration and solid defending to keep them out, and some individual brilliance ( or a penalty ) from our attackers to score.

A draw would really only suit City, who are starting to close in, and might be favorites for the title?

42 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Something like this I expect. 0-1, 1-2, undeserved, hopefully.

I just hope, as every time we visit that place, but even more this time, that we win, if possible in added time and with a terrible VAR call. Cannot wish for my usual offside goal, so a bad VAR call will have to do.

1-2, Bruno and Cavani. Match for grown men, both of them are. 

My wishes are based on the classic deflected shots , own goals ,slips ...

2 minutes ago, Pap1918 said:

My wishes are based on the classic deflected shots , own goals ,slips ...

A slip would do too ahahaha. 

Today I will need help and a cardiologist by my side, first this, and then at 9 Athletic playing the final vs Barcelona. Jesus, if I survive this day I will survive anything.