FAC - 3rd Round - Man Utd vs Watford

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? He's been bang average while Shaw has been quite good overall this season. I'm disappointed in Telles. I didn't know how good he was but I blindly expected someone who could be a positive fi

We need a new manager.  If it's a ST we want, Haaland is the most obvious elite target. His numbers are insane. He will probably be the top goalscorer of this decade.

At least Bruno got a rest. Small mercies.

Hope we see Pellistri get some minutes. 

--------------------------------DDG----------------------------

Williams-----Tuanzebe-----Lindelof------Telles

--------------------Pogba-----------Matic-----------------

Pellistri--------------------VDB--------------------Mata/James

---------------------------Greenwood----------------------

Pellistri will be sub at best though. If we go 2-3 up then put Ighalo on.

1 hour ago, TheManc said:

Hope we see Pellistri get some minutes. 

--------------------------------DDG----------------------------

Williams-----Tuanzebe-----Lindelof------Telles

--------------------Pogba-----------Matic-----------------

Pellistri--------------------VDB--------------------Mata/James

---------------------------Greenwood----------------------

Pellistri will be sub at best though. If we go 2-3 up then put Ighalo on.

Wouldn't say you're a million miles off. Maybe Pogba will be saved for Burnley, as we'll need creativity to break them down at OT. I'd say Ighalo will start this. Might be his last game for the club. Would be against his former club too.

Couldn't give a shit about this anyway. Bould love it if Ole put the likes of Fish, Laird Galbraith and Pellistri on the bench. But we all know he'll likely have 7 strong subs and maybe 2 youngsters from the U23s.

Watford, like us, probably have other priorities.

Ighalo

James-------Mata------Mason

Matić-----vdB

Telles-----Lindelöf-----Bailly-------Tuanzebe

Henderson

Subs: De Gea, Shaw, Mengi, TFM, Galbraith, Pogba, Lingard, Martial, Rashford

Don't know if Ighalo would be fit enough to start, but we could do with resting as many players as possible.

Lindelöf might not be able to start if his back acts up, yet Maguire needs a rest. He's played nearly every minute for a year straight.

--------------------------------DDG-------------------------------

Williams---------Bailly--------Tuanzebe---------Telles

------------------------VDB------------Matic-------------------

Pellistri-------------------Mata----------------------James

---------------------------Greenwood--------------------------

Edited by TheManc
Just now, TheManc said:

--------------------------------DDG-------------------------------

Williams---------Bailly--------Tuanzebe---------Telles

------------------------VDB------------Matic-------------------

Pellistri-------------------Mata----------------------James

---------------------------Greenwood--------------------------

Williams is probably going out on loan to Newcastle.

I would play the kids in this one, because if we lose it will relieve some of the fixture congestion, and the Europa Cup too, is a uneeded strain. We need to concentrate on a top four finish in the league, then we might attract the transfers that the squad requires!

On 05/01/2021 at 17:35, Albert Quixall said:

I'd love to see us win the Cup again. Don't care about the League Cup but the FA Cup is still worth winning.

The EFL cup needs to die, it actually looks even more redundant when the semi finals are reduced to 1 game instead of two legs. So yesterday was probably another argument why it needs to be abolished it was also orignally introduced as anti-European cup, it tells you all that you need to know when United opted out of entering EFL club for all but two seasons in 1960s and didn't start to make regular apperance Unitil it was made mandatory for clubs to enter. 

14 hours ago, Mickey Mouse said:

The EFL cup needs to die, it actually looks even more redundant when the semi finals are reduced to 1 game instead of two legs. So yesterday was probably another argument why it needs to be abolished it was also orignally introduced as anti-European cup, it tells you all that you need to know when United opted out of entering EFL club for all but two seasons in 1960s and didn't start to make regular apperance Unitil it was made mandatory for clubs to enter. 

I think it has its uses for smaller club sides and its a good environment for the bigger teams to test out youth players. I don't care in terms of winning it but i have found it interesting to see some of our emerging talents over the years.

20 hours ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Alan Hardaker started it, the same dirtbag who refused to allow Chelsea to take part in the European Cup and who would have sanctioned us if we failed to return from Munich in time to play Wolves on the Saturday. You're right about our failure to enter the competition back in the day. Everyone thought it was a joke.

Our first foray was in 1966 when we got turned over 5-1 by Blackpool at Bloomfield Road. The team that night was:

Pat Dunne, Shay Brennan, Tony Dunne, Pat Crerand, Bill Foulkes, Nobby Stiles, John Connelly, David Sadler, David Herd, George Best, John Aston. David Herd scored our consolation.

On 08/01/2021 at 17:39, Albert Quixall said:

Alan Hardaker started it, the same dirtbag who refused to allow Chelsea to take part in the European Cup and who would have sanctioned us if we failed to return from Munich in time to play Wolves on the Saturday. You're right about our failure to enter the competition back in the day. Everyone thought it was a joke.

Its still a joke and pretty bad joke actually. Considering what happened in Munich and the fact that Hardaker's pressure on United to get back to England in time for Wolves was probably one of the causes of the disaster in first place.  Hardaker  shouldn't be revarded for his misdeads by the club by taking this sorry exuse of cup seriously. even if United has won it 5 times I have never felt anything when it has happened, IN 1992 (i was to young, but I always forget that United won this unless I check record book, considering it was FA cup in 1990, CWC in 1991 and EPL in 1993) in 2006, 2010, (trophy less season far as I'm concerned) 2011 (we only won the EPL far as I´m concerned) and 2017 (we only  won Europea League far as I'm concerned)

United and Liverpool might be the biggest rivals in English football but both were 100% on the money when they suggested that EFL cup should be abolished, although every other suggestion they made in relation to "project Big picture" left lot to be desired. 

Edited by Mickey Mouse