EFL Cup - SF - Man Utd vs Man City

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost as if playing once a month isn't conducive to good form. He was one of the best keepers in the league last season, unmistakably. 

Subs: Henderson, Telles, Williams, Tuanzebe, Matić, vdB, James, Greenwood, Ighalo Don't imagine Pep will rotate too much after a good performance against Chelsea. They are riddled with Covid and

zero goals at home to arsenal zero goals at home to chelsea  1 penalty goal against spurs zero goals against city X2

Would be nice to win it.

Not counting on it, since our defenders cant cope with the real pressure that comes with big games like this. Champions league showed us that.

We'll lose, and fuckin Spurs will bottle it to Brentford, who in turn will get smashed 5-0 in the final.

-------------------------------Henderson----------------------------------

AWB--------------Bailly---------------Maguire-----------Shaw

-------------------McTom-----------------Fred----------------------

Greenwood---------------Bruno----------------Rashford

---------------------------------Martial----------------------------------

Actually i'd be tempted to go with Henderson just in case this goes to penalties. 

Edited by TheManc

Fergie rarely lost semis Solskjaer is making a habit of it. 

Play like we have last 2 home matches we lose.

Got to approach with high intensity and do not let them dictate the midfield even a half shite City can hurt our defence which is fragile as Ariana Grande's pussy I daresay.

2 hours ago, PVAD said:

Fergie rarely lost semis Solskjaer is making a habit of it. 

Play like we have last 2 home matches we lose.

Got to approach with high intensity and do not let them dictate the midfield even a half shite City can hurt our defence which is fragile as Ariana Grande's pussy I daresay.

Ariana has mileage at this point

City play Chelsea tomorrow, so we have a big advantage in terms of rest. 5 full days for us.

I wonder if Pep will be as cautious this time around. He played with a double pivot in the 0-0 draw.

I think we'll win 1-0.

Posted (edited)

MUFC-Away-team-formation-tactics.png

Subs: Henderson, Telles, Williams, Tuanzebe, Matić, vdB, James, Greenwood, Ighalo

Don't imagine Pep will rotate too much after a good performance against Chelsea. They are riddled with Covid and injury, meaning they were missing Ederson, García, Laporte, Aké, Walker, Ferran & Jesus today. I doubt many of them will be back in just 3 days. 

Zinchenko is a weak link for them at LB. Defensively that is. He's good on the ball. Rashford should try to exploit him if he starts at RW. But Pep might get Cancelo to switch sides if that's the case. Or maybe Aké will start if he returns from injury.

I don't know if Ole would be brave enough to start Pogba. But with 6 men behind the ball at all times for us, we should be able to let our front four try to take them on the break with quick transitions from back to front.

City will beat us if it's the same City that I saw today. Yet we've had 5 full days to prepare for this and aren't without many players bar Cavani and possibly Lindelöf, so no excuses really. Losing a 4th straight SF would be a disaster.

Edited by O
2 minutes ago, TheManc said:

He's probably injured.

Happy with the team.

Henderson being trusted in a SF.

Romero was dropped for every SF last season...

drogba.jpg

Surprised Pep went with Fernandinho, but he has the experience. Bernardo Silva is suspended. Mahrez in for him.

Rashford has to target Zinchenko. Walker might end up coming on at HT if Rashford wins that battle.