Next United manager

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Definitely the best choices of the interims - Can't wait to see what he'll bring to the setup. Like the long term involvement but I imagine that may be more of a gesture than anything too si

Agreed. Good signs for Fletcher and Murtough that they made this call. If it was left to Woodward then Carrick would have got 5 games to prove himself. I'll be surprised if it's not Pochettino come ne

It's convenient for everyone. The PSG squad is much more of a Zidane one anyway. If possible we need to make it happen. Pay them whatever, give them Pogba, it's obviously what Poch and United wan

12 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Given the current options and the talk zizou is waiting for France I’m glad we’re going with an interim, really do not want Rodgers, I am a fan of poch, ten hag could be good too, be interesting to see what happens 

Get Poch. Word is he hates it at PSG. ZZ can take the job there.

They’re waiting for Poch. They fucked up last time by not going for him but it’s obvious he’s been their first choice for years and it’s a midtake they’re looking to rectify.

I’d be happy with it but he needs to have complete control over the rebuild, let him purge the squad and bring in guys who he thinks will fit his system. If that means Ronaldo goes then so be it, although I imagine he’ll try and make it work with runners around him. Guys like Rashford and Sancho better learn to run and press effectively or they’ll be out. Would be the end of Pogba and Martial thankfully.

I could get behind the appointment of Pochettino in the summer, as I expect him to come up short with PSG in the Champions League & ultimately face the sack there, so he might a realistic option at the end of this season. 

But it would have to be Poch & his own chosen coaches, to be given an honest chance to put their own stamp on this squad. None of this, keeping of Carrick & McKenna on in the backroom team. It would have to be a complete reset at the club, but I doubt that'll happen. 

I've no faith in this United board making football decisions. Just look at what's happened in the last few hours. Carrick was a coach under Mourinho, who's somehow survived after another manager getting sacked & ended up as a temporary manager now, with the same coaching team Ole had. But now the club are also looking at appointing an interm manager until the end of the season, before we then appoint a permanent manager. 

Until there's drastic changes to the United board, I believe we'll still be talking about the same issues even for the next manager. 

Been calling for Oles head for quite some time, yet deeply saddened that he couldn't be the one to bring success back to OT.

After the semi-final failures, 4 out of 4 and the failure to win the Europa Final against a team we should have comfortably destroyed, I realised that he was never going to be good enough as a coach to win anything.

So where do we go from here? It would be great if the owners and puppet Woodward were to be going too, but that's a non starter, so we've all just got to hope that some serious planning goes into the future appointments at this precious club, and like the phoenix we rise from the ashes to soar again.

The players need a major kick up the arse too, the under 21s would have put a much better fight against Watford than the so called first 11. Hell, even Ella Toone and our ladies team would have at least tried much harder.

If the club want Pochettino and he's open to it, and by all accounts sounds like PSG wouldn't be too against it - it would be pointless to go down the interim route. There's still 2/3rds of the season to go. If we threw it away by having Carrick in interim charge it would be ludicrous, but then again this board does ludicrous better than anything else.

It speaks volumes of the problems we'll still encounter with the hierarchy that there's been no thoughts to any contingency plan. It's been a month since the Liverpool game and they still took this decision as if it took them by surprise.

1 hour ago, O said:

Poch to us, Zidane to PSG.

Some credible journalists are hinting at this.

It's convenient for everyone. The PSG squad is much more of a Zidane one anyway. If possible we need to make it happen.

Pay them whatever, give them Pogba, it's obviously what Poch and United want so PSG would just be delaying the inevitable. His contract is only until 2023 so United could essentially ask him to resign and pay that contract off as a signing bonus.

The mutual attraction is always appealing. I get the feeling Ten Hag would take convincing and Zidane isn't interested. Poch has wanted this job for years, to the point where it may have affected his performance at Spurs. He'll already have ideas of what he wants to do. Giving him this season would be crucial - It's over already so it's a free hit, he can evaluate the squad, put any failures down to the previous regime and have a clear plan heading into the summer knowing who fits and who doesn't. 

If the club always felt this option was available then I'd forgive passing up Conte. That's probably giving them way too much credit though. 

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

It's convenient for everyone. The PSG squad is much more of a Zidane one anyway. If possible we need to make it happen.

Pay them whatever, give them Pogba, it's obviously what Poch and United want so PSG would just be delaying the inevitable. His contract is only until 2023 so United could essentially ask him to resign and pay that contract off as a signing bonus.

The mutual attraction is always appealing. I get the feeling Ten Hag would take convincing and Zidane isn't interested. Poch has wanted this job for years, to the point where it may have affected his performance at Spurs. He'll already have ideas of what he wants to do. Giving him this season would be crucial - It's over already so it's a free hit, he can evaluate the squad, put any failures down to the previous regime and have a clear plan heading into the summer knowing who fits and who doesn't. 

If the club always felt this option was available then I'd forgive passing up Conte. That's probably giving them way too much credit though. 

It's gathering pace. I bet we fumble it though. It sounds like Poch is very keen.

If a manager says he'll come in summer, Tell them we are United, it's a privilege and honour to manage the club, pay his contract off and get him in now, why waste time we haven't got.

Give him until the end of the season to use the current squad, (he can fuck Pogba, Martial and Fred off) then he can  bring in his choices.

3 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Would be preferable to ten Hag or Enrique. 

Dont want that bald cunt.

Poch will be sacked within 2 years.

Nobody gives a shit about your opinion, pal.Y

You lost all respect after your Stephen Kenny rant. Now we're on our way to being the best in the world. You should be banned from the Aviva.

41 minutes ago, O said:

Nobody gives a shit about your opinion, pal.Y

You lost all respect after your Stephen Kenny rant. Now we're on our way to being the best in the world. You should be banned from the Aviva.

Kenny would have been sacked already if Callum Robinson wasnt playing out of skin. Only reason he's still in a job.

Poch will fail.

7 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Kenny would have been sacked already if Callum Robinson wasnt playing out of skin. Only reason he's still in a job.

Poch will fail.

Ireland are playing good football. Kenny deserves huge credit for trying to change how we play the sport. Bazunu pinging balls with accuracy, CBs attempting to play into midfield, pressing higher, etc. I'd much rather go through this process instead of 3 extra wins while playing like shit. You belong with Liam Brady in a museum, bud. King Kenny.

It'll be Pochettino, if he's prepared to leave PSG within the next 6 months. Which I think he will. He'll be attracted to the potential long-term project at United and the chance to build his own team. PSG is a horrible managerial role anyway, I could understand the reports saying he's not happy there. 

Seems to be that while Poch wants United he wont force a move, which may be a problem. 

Unless Zidane shows interest in PSG then I can't see them changing anything. 

Pochettino is open to a return to the PL. He's unhappy that his hands are tied at PSG & can't quite put together what he'd like. He will not force a departure. No discussion started with Zidane or any other coach for PSG. His name however has been discussed amongst the clubs' directors.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/clubs/paris-saint-germain/psg-a-quoi-joue-mauricio-pochettino_AV-202111220405.html

SOCCER-Sunderland-160529_625.jpg