Next United manager

In fairness to Ralf, I think deep down he knows that half of this squad should be fucked off in the summer and I'm sure he'll be having conversations with the board about who needs to go and players we should look at recruiting.

Well that's what I'm hoping anyway. I hope Ralf & Ten Hag can form a great relationship and completely overhaul this squad over the next 3 or 4 transfer windows. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Definitely the best choices of the interims - Can't wait to see what he'll bring to the setup. Like the long term involvement but I imagine that may be more of a gesture than anything too si

Ha! Louis agrees with me. I hadn't read that when I posted. Good man LVG. Sticking it to the Glazers six years after leaving us.

Agreed. Good signs for Fletcher and Murtough that they made this call. If it was left to Woodward then Carrick would have got 5 games to prove himself. I'll be surprised if it's not Pochettino come ne

1 hour ago, O said:

Jim Lawlor & Marcel Bout are both leaving United according to Andy Mitten.

Both are leading figures in our scouting department.

Huge shakeup thanks to Ralfster. He wasn't impressed with our database. We had very little info on Nkunku. He was shocked.

possibly for very good justified reasons-  but also smacks of face saving internal politics. 

Lets find a few scapegoats, create a few distractions/headlines

I don't know their exact job specs but scouts identify targets if I'm right?   They don't make the signing?  Coach the players to realise potential/get best out of them?  Appoint the manager?   Decide when to let the manager go?   and decide we don't need any more signings at any given time as we're working on a long term "cultural reset" & know what we're doing 

Not reading too much into-  they should sack the UTD PR team at the same time 

Edited by CB78
4 hours ago, O said:

Huge shakeup thanks to Ralfster. He wasn't impressed with our database. We had very little info on Nkunku. He was shocked.

Probably Ralf is right here.

One billion wasted on clowns and the responsible staff should be sacked if they not resigned .

4 hours ago, O said:

Hopefully we introduce a culture with a little more accountability. We seen Woodward and those idiots fail window after window and they just kept on trucking. Our windows in the last few years have been that of a child playing Fifa. 

We signed VDB after we were priced out of a move for Grealish - Two entirely different footballers ffs. 

4 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

I won't be around to see it if that's the case or if I am, I'll be too senile to celebrate winning it.

Here's food for thought Newcastle for example currently in 11th and having not won one single game until December 2021 are just 14 points behind us after not winning one game until the turn of the year. That's 14 games where they didn't win and only had around 3 points

It is astounding really astounding the depths this club has sank. Newcastle in the depths of despair regardless of that wealth have managed to turn it 360  under Howe.

You could be waiting more than that 26 years! 

10 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Here's food for thought Newcastle for example currently in 11th and having not won one single game until December 2021 are just 14 points behind us after not winning one game until the turn of the year. That's 14 games where they didn't win and only had around 3 points

It is astounding really astounding the depths this club has sank. Newcastle in the depths of despair regardless of that wealth have managed to turn it 360  under Howe.

You could be waiting more than that 26 years! 

There's more food for thought (I've posted this elsewhere, but don't mind repeating myself). In the 1973-74 season, we conceded 48 goals and we were relegated. We've conceded that many this season. In 1973-74, our heaviest defeats were 0-3 on the opening day at Highbury, and 0-3 at Loftus Road. This season Liverpool have beaten us 5-0 and 4-0. City put 4 past us and so did Leicester and Watford. That's 21 goals in 5 games. The 1973/74 team never once quit. They were bad, often outclasses, and sometimes demoralized but they never downed tools. Tommy Doc would have thrown out any player who wouldn't give his all. And he had a plan. Today's players make more in a day than Doc's players made in a year, yet they haven't changed one iota since Jose left. There's no pride left in the United team, barring one of two exceptions (Ronaldo, De Gea). The rest are going through the motions full of their own self-importance. Bunch of namby-pamby wasters happier on social media than actually playing the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Neville today  on social media.   Re- Tottenham defensive set up & nicking a draw ystrdy 

"I respect Conte and his football enormously but this Klopp interview gives the clear reason why he wasn’t the right fit for United,"  

Neville’s deluded if he thinks SAF UTD teams never played it tight defensively & on the counter?  😂 - I’d go as far to say it was regular go to tactics against better possession based teams 

This is the type of gash Ten Hagg can look frwrd to, powerful ex- UTD player pundits talking gash

f*k off Neville, can’t stand him- he’s got egg on his face RE-Conte & can’t admit it 

Edited by CB78
2 hours ago, CB78 said:

Neville today  on social media.

Re- Tottenham defensive set up & nicking result ystrdy 

"I respect Conte and his football enormously but this Klopp interview gives the clear reason why he wasn’t the right fit for United,"  

Neville’s deluded if he thinks SAF UTD teams never played it tight defensively & on the counter?  😂 - I’d go as far to say it was regular go to tactics against better possession based teams 

This is the type of gash Ten Hagg can look frwrd to, powerful ex- UTD player pundits talking gash

f*k off Neville, can’t stand him- he’s got egg on his face RE-Conte & can’t admit it 

Then on twitter Carragher has now reminded Neville how he wanted Simone 😂😂😂

I actually really like Carragher-  one of the most tragic things in football that so many of these EX-Utd that I loved as players are actually utter ar*e holes now as pundits

Is anyone else underwhelmed by our new managerial appointment?  I get the feeling the job will be too big for him. He is stepping into a snake pit. Ralf's tenure has exposed some of the nastiness and petty power struggles at Old Trafford. I hope he gets that the commercial side of the club will always have first priority and that he will have to make do with little or no control over transfers and contracts. Ajax is a well-run club, managed by football men with a youth system second to none in Europe. It's encouraging that our young 'uns are in the Youth Cup final so maybe that's what he will build on. But he won't get the current crop of seniors to form a cohesive unit. I think it will take about 2-3 months of his reign before rumblings of discontent appear in the press. Wait and see.

55 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Is anyone else underwhelmed by our new managerial appointment?  I get the feeling the job will be too big for him. He is stepping into a snake pit. Ralf's tenure has exposed some of the nastiness and petty power struggles at Old Trafford. I hope he gets that the commercial side of the club will always have first priority and that he will have to make do with little or no control over transfers and contracts. Ajax is a well-run club, managed by football men with a youth system second to none in Europe. It's encouraging that our young 'uns are in the Youth Cup final so maybe that's what he will build on. But he won't get the current crop of seniors to form a cohesive unit. I think it will take about 2-3 months of his reign before rumblings of discontent appear in the press. Wait and see.

Underwhelmed? He’s not even started, yet.

Maybe give him a chance before writing him off 🤣

He was the best available, on paper. 

Stands the reason there’s a Ferguson out there in some obscure League, but good luck unearthing that gem. 

The press can and will say what they want - I just hope our fan base isn’t as shortsighted.,

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

Underwhelmed? He’s not even started, yet.

Maybe give him a chance before writing him off 🤣

Stands the reason there’s a Ferguson out there in some obscure League, but good luck unearthing that gem. 

The press can and will say what they want - I just hope our fan base isn’t as shortsighted.,

I'm sticking with my opinion. Ajax is a proper football club, run by footballers. United is anything but. Getting to grips with the culture here is a massive ask for a man used to managing in the Dutch league. We'll see who's right in time.

2 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

It’s a gamble for me;  unproven at big club level, Ajax & UTD very different pressure

but I like his football & really really hope he does well.  

It’s not just down to him though, he needs properly backed & a very good transfer window this summer -

5/6 signings, evidence would suggest UTD board don’t have that in them - let’s see 

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

🤔 not sure about that-  

10 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Who was, then ? 

Well, first off we need to define “available” it’s one of UTD’s most favourite words re- transfer targets etc. 

fine line between “available” & an inept boards “failure to attract” & questionable negotiating I’d say 

that aside though

1- I’d have gone Conte & Enrique over Ten Hagg, big club track records 

2- Ten Hagg & Pochetino not much in it for me- they’re much of a muchness 

3- If your saying best on paper I’d even say Simone (regardless if you like his style of play or not) comfortably beats Ten Hagg?

I really hope Ten Hagg wrks, I like his style of football & I’ll be supporting all the way 

But saying he was best available option very questionable?   Let’s see 

7 minutes ago, CB78 said:

Well, first off we need to define “available” it’s one of UTD’s most favourite words re- transfer targets etc. 

fine line between “available” & an inept boards “failure to attract” & questionable negotiating I’d say 

that aside though

1- I’d have gone Conte & Enrique over Ten Hagg, big club track records 

2- Ten Hagg & Pochetino not much in it for me- they’re much of a muchness 

3- If your saying best on paper I’d even say Simone (regardless if you like his style of play or not) comfortably beats Ten Hagg?

I really hope Ten Hagg wrks, I like his style of football & I’ll be supporting all the way 

But saying he was best available option very questionable?   Let’s see 

Conte, I’ll give you.

Simeone? it’s not even a “playing style” - he actively encourages his team to do literally anything but play football. No thanks. 

Poch is becoming a serial flop - he’s been sacked from his last 3 or 4 jobs. Maybe he is on a level with ETH, but one has blown his chance(s) and the other has it all in n front of him. 

14 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

I'm sticking with my opinion. Ajax is a proper football club, run by footballers. United is anything but. Getting to grips with the culture here is a massive ask for a man used to managing in the Dutch league. We'll see who's right in time.

Just read somewhere that United are compiling a list of players released from their clubs at end of contracts, since ETH will only be given a £100,000 transfer fund due to United failing to make European Cup qualification!

If the board had done their jobs correctly we'd be getting transfer fees for Pogba and Lingard for at least two of the outgoing players!

How to hamstring a manager eh,  just like with Moyes!

• 2 months later...
On 11/04/2022 at 10:36, TFIA said:

It is actually hilarious to see Ten Hag try and play high pressing possession based football with this team

Those with any technical ability can't/wont run and those who will run have the touch of a fucking trampoline. Any coach that dogmatically persists with a possession style is going to have a bad time. Pep would have a mental breakdown in 3 months if he was coaching this group of players. They're incapable of playing that way. 

Ten Hag will be declared a fraud and sacked within 18 months. 

On 22/03/2022 at 09:40, TFIA said:

Seems Ten Hag is the most likely. Most sources saying he's the top choice and that he'd be interesting.

I think it's a terrible move for him. It's an exciting appointment but I can see it going very badly if people don't rein in their expectations. It's going to be a long process to get this group of players playing good possession football. They're just not good enough. Hopefully he's given the power to overhaul the squad.

Spoiler: He wasn’t.

I think I’ll find a post for every game at this rate. All to predictable what a shambles this club is.

43 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Spoiler: He wasn’t.

I think I’ll find a post for every game at this rate. All to predictable what a shambles this club 

To be fair if he had been he'd just have bought all his old charges, which is quite small-time.

Refusing to meet with Ralf looks daft now. He should have insisted that he be made a sporting director. 

Ten Hag needs a good structure around him, otherwise he's going to fail.