Next United manager

Who should United appoint as their new manager?

Pochettino has been waiting for a while now, but is there someone else who would be available who could give us a chance of getting into a position in the next ten years where we could be good enough to really challenge for the league title!

Pochettino did tremendously well with what he had at Spurs and got the best out of them, but still has to win a trophy!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Definitely the best choices of the interims - Can't wait to see what he'll bring to the setup. Like the long term involvement but I imagine that may be more of a gesture than anything too si

Agreed. Good signs for Fletcher and Murtough that they made this call. If it was left to Woodward then Carrick would have got 5 games to prove himself. I'll be surprised if it's not Pochettino come ne

It's convenient for everyone. The PSG squad is much more of a Zidane one anyway. If possible we need to make it happen. Pay them whatever, give them Pogba, it's obviously what Poch and United wan

The next manager should be Poch there's no doubt about that. He will get better results out of the players he would be working with. 

And I think at this stage United need to accept that they'll be playing the medium to long term game. Poch may not be the guy who delivers a title but he would be the guy who puts United back in the picture. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it comes to that and for some reason it's not Pocchetino, I'm thinking they could do worse than Graham Potter. Considering how solid he's made Brighton in their fundamentals and structure, it'd be really interesting to see what he could achieve at a big club with the resources to not have to play the likes of Aaron Connolly.  

1 hour ago, Kjetil said:

If it comes to that and for some reason it's not Pocchetino, I'm thinking they could do worse than Graham Potter. Considering how solid he's made Brighton in their fundamentals and structure, it'd be really interesting to see what he could achieve at a big club with the resources to not have to play the likes of Aaron Connolly.  

Ralph Hassenhuttl is a much better shout. 

He's took an extremely poor Southampton side to the top of the table recently. He suffered a 9 nil home loss don't forget. The man has the same tenacity as Klopp and we could do far worse. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Football Managers Out Of Work

The So called A-Listers

LUCIEN FAVRE

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI

MAURIZIO SARRI

ERNESTO VALVERDE

LEONARDO JARDIM

RAFA THE FACS

EDDIE HOWE

Not spoilt for choice are we?

I'd probably go for Allegri/Sarri duo for the shits and giggles..imagine those 2 fuckers working in tandem!! 

Edit: Since this post Allegro, Sarri, Jardin, Rafa and Howe all working now.

Edited by PVAD
1 hour ago, PVAD said:

Football Managers Out Of Work

The So called A-Listers

LUCIEN FAVRE

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI

MAURIZIO SARRI

ERNESTO VALVERDE

LEONARDO JARDIM

RAFA THE FACS

EDDIE HOWE

Not spoilt for choice are we?

I'd probably go for Allegri/Sarri duo for the shits and giggles..imagine those 2 fuckers working in tandem!! 

Ancelotti would be in the mix i think. If Wales can fluke a great euros, so will Giggs unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Mickey Mouse said:

I think I did take Giggs over Solskjear at this point. 

Absolutely no way. Giggs has no experience at club level. He should at least prove his worth at a smaller club before being even considered as a future united manager. There are better options like rodgers, potter or even bielsa that we should go for.

• 9 months later...

What's the general idea on the next United manager, on here? Interested to hear people's thoughts and hear who fans would like to see come in. 

I think it's clear now Ole will be sacked within the next hours/days. So what's the next step the board makes? 

Will it be a caretaker manager until the end of the season and will that be one of our coaches already at the club? 

Brendan Rodgers seems to be favourite looking at bookmakers. For be, Rodgers is an upgrade on Ole. A better coach than Ole. That's a definite. But is he the right man to take this group of players to challenging for trophies? I'd have my doubts. I can already see him in charge and after 18 months, people calling for his head deeming him not good enough. 

The other candidate is Zidane. I'm not so sure on him being best suited to United either if I'm being honest. Obviously has an incredible record with Real Madrid. But it would be a completely different challenge at United. 

Ole's time is up and it's obviously the right thing to do, but it's the next part that is crucial. It's hard to know where we go from here, as there isn't a standout available manager right now, that's best suited to taking charge of this United team. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

What's the general idea on the next United manager, on here? Interested to hear people's thoughts and hear who fans would like to see come in. 

I think it's clear now Ole will be sacked within the next hours/days. So what's the next step the board makes? 

Will it be a caretaker manager until the end of the season and will that be one of our coaches already at the club? 

Brendan Rodgers seems to be favourite looking at bookmakers. For be, Rodgers is an upgrade on Ole. A better coach than Ole. That's a definite. But is he the right man to take this group of players to challenging for trophies? I'd have my doubts. I can already see him in charge and after 18 months, people calling for his head deeming him not good enough. 

The other candidate is Zidane. I'm not so sure on him being best suited to United either if I'm being honest. Obviously has an incredible record with Real Madrid. But it would be a completely different challenge at United. 

Ole's time is up and it's obviously the right thing to do, but it's the next part that is crucial. It's hard to know where we go from here, as there isn't a standout available manager right now, that's best suited to taking charge of this United team. 

Hard to know what the real solution is? UTD have tried various diff angles now

Complex mix of issues-   1. A weak board (inconsistent in  properly backing managers)/2. expectant (some part fickle) fan base, some a bit deluded in what the “UTD way” actually is?/3. Fergie still hanging around along with vocal Ex-player pundits/4. Huge pressure 

Not sure even Guardiola/Klopp would’ve enjoyed the same success had they come to UTD? 

Zidane/Rogers/Ten Haag etc etc. I can see pro’s & cons with all of them?  

All we can hope for is whoever comes in, is properly backed - builds some winning momentum, wins trophies, shuts mouths up & we kick on build momentum from there

Edited by CB78

Hopefully not Rodgers or Zidane. 

I didn't want Rodgers anyway as I've said in another thread, but seeing Rio's analysis of Leicester this season and the way they played against Chelsea they look like they're in as bad a state as us in terms of organisation. Also, I know that they don't have the financial resources that other clubs have but the way their last two seasons have petered out is also a big concern.  They were comfortably in the Top 4 both seasons, but ended up going on a terrible run and dropping out.  I think their FA Cup win last season stopped people asking questions.

I think Zidane will be tempting for the Board because of who he is.  There's a chance it might work as he's one man that the players would respond to due to his stature, but I equally think it could be a disaster.  The first Madrid team he took over and led to success was stronger and in a much better state than we are, so I'm not sure how much of an impact he'd be able to make longer-term.

Ralf Rangnick was said to be interested, although there were apparently question marks over the length of contract and how much power he'd want and get, and certainly his track-record and reputation when it comes to team/club-building is impressive so I'd lean towards him if anyone.

In an ideal world, I'd want us to bring in an experienced caretaker manager for the rest of the season while we fully consider all of the options available rather than rush into an appointment again , but I don't know if there's anyone available who'd be willing to do that.

2 hours ago, Jay007 said:

Hopefully not Rodgers or Zidane. 

I didn't want Rodgers anyway as I've said in another thread, but seeing Rio's analysis of Leicester this season and the way they played against Chelsea they look like they're in as bad a state as us in terms of organisation. Also, I know that they don't have the financial resources that other clubs have but the way their last two seasons have petered out is also a big concern.  They were comfortably in the Top 4 both seasons, but ended up going on a terrible run and dropping out.  I think their FA Cup win last season stopped people asking questions.

I think Zidane will be tempting for the Board because of who he is.  There's a chance it might work as he's one man that the players would respond to due to his stature, but I equally think it could be a disaster.  The first Madrid team he took over and led to success was stronger and in a much better state than we are, so I'm not sure how much of an impact he'd be able to make longer-term.

Ralf Rangnick was said to be interested, although there were apparently question marks over the length of contract and how much power he'd want and get, and certainly his track-record and reputation when it comes to team/club-building is impressive so I'd lean towards him if anyone.

In an ideal world, I'd want us to bring in an experienced caretaker manager for the rest of the season while we fully consider all of the options available rather than rush into an appointment again , but I don't know if there's anyone available who'd be willing to do that.

Can see attraction of Zidane’s track record in working with high profile players; may bring best/effect Pogba situation & incoming players he might attract 

I like Rodgers, he ticks many boxes for me but it’s a problem in itself if fan base not fully on board from start (as seems) 

Ralf Rangnick- I’d never heard of till 2 wk’s ago- track record all good, pressure at UTD diff ball game though 

Ten Hagg, I like also but Ajax play specific brand of football- I think he’ll be wary after way LVG was badly treated here.  Hit a sticky patch “UTD way” mob will be on his back straight away 

No easy answers- I’d prob go Zidane or Rodgers & hope they can come in and make impact build momentum from there

Edited by CB78

I’d prefer Zidane simply because I want an outsider who has serious ambitions with little tolerance for bullshit. Someone who, if shit goes south, will still have clusb lining up for him. It’s why Conte was perfect and why the board hated him.

Rodgers will be a yes man. So will any of the domestic options and even some of the fancier names being thrown around may be overwhelmed by the size of the club. 

Even if it were to go better under a Rodgers/Potter type I think I’d want someone else. The board and ownership have coasted for far too fucking long, with Ole being their perfect puppet and selling all of their bullshit to the fans. These cunts need to be held to account.