• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh on current form he should start ahead of Martial. He's got to start at some point. 

A new yacht you say?

Wouldn’t go that far - our right side is still a concern 

• 1 month later...

Rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season.

Injuries are a concern, so probably for the best. He's on big money and we need a ST who can start every game.

If we free up money from departures like Cavani, Lingard & De Gea (loan to PSG with option to buy?), that's over 600k worth of extra salary space.

52 minutes ago, O said:

Rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season.

Injuries are a concern, so probably for the best. He's on big money and we need a ST who can start every game.

If we free up money from departures like Cavani, Lingard & De Gea (loan to PSG with option to buy?), that's over 600k worth of extra salary space.

Agree with this.  It's exactly what I thought when I read the rumours as well.

He's clearly still a class footballer when fully fit and looked like he could be a great player for us for a season or two early in his season.  But he's seems to be constantly picking up niggly injuries, so I would let him go and use the money to bring in someone we can rely on more often.

Edited by Jay007
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we really rely on him over a season? 7 goals in 26 games but injured half of the season. I love him but I'm not sure how we can call him a huge success. 

By contrast, Bale is 10 goals in 25 games and has been a huge flop.

Edited by TheManc
16 hours ago, TheManc said:

Can we really rely on him over a season? 7 goals in 26 games but injured half of the season. I love him but I'm not sure how we can call him a huge success. 

Probably not. Hopefully, we've already lined up a striker for next season. I'm sure our brilliant sports scientist/director of football has a plan in the works.

16 hours ago, TheManc said:

Needs to go. Too many injuries. And his dad's interview. Doesn't sound like he's for the cause.

And Bailly has done similar recently. His friend spoke out.

The Olesexuals want them burned alive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ECavaniOfficial tiene decidido seguir en el @ManUtd •La semana próxima debe hacerse oficial. •Tuvo dudas, pero pese al interés de @BocaJrsOficial, cumplirá el contrato En un rato ampliamos en @SC_ESPN @SportsCenter_nt @espnfc @ESPNDeportes

ECavaniOfficial has decided to continue at @ManUtd • Next week it should be made official. • He had doubts, but despite the interest of @BocaJrsOficial, he will fulfill the contract In a while we will expand on @SC_ESPN @SportsCenter_nt @espnfc @ESPNDeportes

https://twitter.com/moillorens?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1388084007372533761|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

31 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

I dunno if it’s a minority - we still have room _because_ he won’t play every week.... 

He's on very high wages. Letting him go frees up funds to buy another ST.

No need to buy a ST if both Cavani and Martial aren't going anywhere.

Absolutely class last night, his best performance for us so far.

I've previously wondered whether we should let him go based on his injury record so far and that he seemed keen to go back to South America, but there's no doubting that when he's fully fit he's still a world class player.

There's also no doubt that the younger players have a huge opportunity to learn from someone as good and as intelligent as him as well.