Thought it could be handy to have one place for our outgoings as opposed to individually posting in all the different player threads (or not bothering to do so)

James Robson of the Evening Standard:

Pereira to kick off a host of departures for UTD,

Smalling, Rojo & Jones could all go 

Romero doesn’t want to be 3rd choice.

Dalot has barely had a look in.

Lingard is a more sensitive situation with Solskjaer still hoping he can turn it around #MUFC #transfers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More likely to claim €27m in damages.

Smalling is gone, 15 million with 5 million in add-ons. Actually a decent sale for a change and a fair price.

Should be playing if he's not leaving. 

3 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

How is Mata still flying under the radar for departures? Fuck me. 

A good pro and example to the younger players, does good work outside of football that's also good PR for United by association, and he seems pretty chill with being a squad player these days.

They probably have him lined up for an ambassador role after he retires.

There were rumours of a move to Turkey a few months ago.

From his own perspective, I'm surprised he doesn't join a mid table La Liga side and rediscover himself like Cazorla did. Or give the slower paced Serie A a chance. I'm sure the culture and lifestyle would be his scene.

39 minutes ago, O said:

A good pro and example to the younger players, does good work outside of football that's also good PR for United by association, and he seems pretty chill with being a squad player these days.

They probably have him lined up for an ambassador role after he retires.

There were rumours of a move to Turkey a few months ago.

From his own perspective, I'm surprised he doesn't join a mid table La Liga side and rediscover himself like Cazorla did. Or give the slower paced Serie A a chance. I'm sure the culture and lifestyle would be his scene.

He should be shot.

Replacing Lingard and Pereira seems fairly clearly neccessary in order to progress. But their departure requires additions, there is no one in the squad or the system to replace them after all. At least no one who will be better than they are.

If that starting XI right winger we're all expecting and demanding materialise, that fills one of the roster spots. For the other,  a better squad player (or a squad player with better upside, at least) with positional versatility. Someone like David Brooks. 

Mata I would think fits in more as a pure backup, at this point? And with good intangibles, as O points out. 

That'd leave us with five starting XI-quality players for the front four, and James, Van de Beek (for the No 10 position) and new guy as rotational options, with Ighalo and Mata providing backup cover in case of injueries etc. Which I think would begin to look good.  

Romero, Rojo and Smalling are different - they're surplus to requirements, and there is no benefit at all to retaining them, AFAICS. It'll just add wage costs and disruptive unhappiness.

It sounds like they want to keep Dalot after all, but I suspect that's contingent on hwther they land a new creative left back. If they do, I don't see what's the point - we'd already have four full backs with a legitimate claim to regular action, plus Fosu-Mensah as general backup cover. If they genuinely think he's still got the potential to figure in long term plans, then at the very least you'd think a loan would be the right thing. IF they get that left back.  

Edited by Kjetil

Andreas Pereira from Manchester United to Lazio, here we go! Total agreement reached on a loan with buy option [€27m]. Salary will be shared. Medicals on this week. 🔴 #MUFC #transfers @SkySport @ManuBaio 

As per Fabrizio it is confirmed.

No loan fee and no obligation to buy while sharing his wages. Would have been better to sell him even at a smaller fee. Maybe he has a good season there in Italy and someone gets interested to buy him.

Edited by nirav

We have signed no one in the postion of LB or RB and yet we are letting Dalot go out on a loan. Even though dalot will have a very limited playing time here atleast he can be a backup in case of injury to our starters. 

4 hours ago, Cole said:

Pereira has left on a loan. Thank f**k.

Now we just need Smalling, Jones and Lingard to follow suit. Hopefully permanent movies too. 

don’t bring in 2 frwrds need to hang on to Lingard (sadly) & hope he finds some form 

Facing intense period back to back games- couple of injuries/suspensions we’re f**k’d 

On 02/10/2020 at 14:26, MrSwellman said:

Rumours circulating today that we’ll try and offload Daniel James to get some extra funds together for Sancho. James is awful, if we can get the 25m that’s being touted we should accept with or without Sancho arriving.

Further stories going around that Ole wanted to accept Leeds' offer at the start of the window, but Woodward said no because we'd only bought him last year.

4 hours ago, TheManc said:

No issue with loaning Dalot tbh. 

I'd like to see him tried at right wing - I think he'd be better suited there as he's very good attacking wise and if freed from defensive responsibility I think there's a player in there.