• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of very few positives, looked class tbh and just emphasised how shocking ole’s treatment of him was 

If we do move to a 4-3-3, I'd give him the nod as one of the CMs to start the season. He looked lost last season and didn't really show much to suggest he'll be a success here but, although I did

Perhaps the most bizarre thing about Ole's reign tbh.  It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it, I've previously wondered if he wasn't his signing and so he didn't really give him a cha

Perhaps the most bizarre thing about Ole's reign tbh.  It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it, I've previously wondered if he wasn't his signing and so he didn't really give him a chance (ala Fergie with Bosnich), but that's only a theory.

I've been keen to see him given a chance at least and we have seen moments from him. I think moving to a 4-3-3 is probably the only way to fit him in, next to Fernandes with one of Fred/Matic/McTominay holding. It would probably leave us a bit exposed defensively considering how weak we are there, but hopefully that would be mitigated by us being better in possession.

It was amazing that right up until the very end, Donny couldn't catch a break at United under Ole, yet he'll go down as the last goalscorer of his tenure. Ironic. 

He showed more fight & desire in that 2nd half than any other United player. Along with Sancho, they both probably created our best goal-scoring opportunities. 

Even when Ole didn't start Fred, it was Matic who he turned to. It's unbelievable the treatment he got, maybe there is as some truth like mentioned above, that he wasn't Ole's signing. But it was truly incredible how much game-time McTominay & Fred got over him and it wasn't as if they were performing to a high level every week either. 

Maybe Carrick might just appease the United fans by starting him on the next 2 games. 

7 hours ago, Jay007 said:

Perhaps the most bizarre thing about Ole's reign tbh.  It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it, I've previously wondered if he wasn't his signing and so he didn't really give him a chance (ala Fergie with Bosnich), but that's only a theory.

I've been keen to see him given a chance at least and we have seen moments from him. I think moving to a 4-3-3 is probably the only way to fit him in, next to Fernandes with one of Fred/Matic/McTominay holding. It would probably leave us a bit exposed defensively considering how weak we are there, but hopefully that would be mitigated by us being better in possession.

Fair enough .

4-3-3 requires the attacking 3 to be very ,very aggressive when the ball is at the opponents . Having in mind the age of Ronaldo and Cavani ,this set up can"t be used for long series of games imo. As You said United will be more exposed . Also I think that 4-3-3 not suits for a team where the playmaker is set behind the striker/strikers and have a free role at the pitch. Both Van de Beek and Fernandes would have more defensively duties and their creativity would be reduced .  As a young player LvG took Xabi in the 1st team of Barcelona ,but under Radomir Antic who reduced his defensive functions,Xabi shined as a creative playmaker and his team saved the season .

Having in mind the age of strikers and the low level of the defenders ,Ole should tried Van de Beek at the flanks . A  creative midfielder with decent finishing abilities in the front  3   in 4-3-3 would benefit the team for some games . Often it happens .

Edited by Pap1918