• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of very few positives, looked class tbh and just emphasised how shocking ole’s treatment of him was 

Scenes if Ten Hag came in and still didn’t pick him… 😈  

Perhaps the most bizarre thing about Ole's reign tbh.  It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it, I've previously wondered if he wasn't his signing and so he didn't really give him a cha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TheManc said:

Thoughts on him today? I thought he was ok. Very good in tight spaces and if we didn't drop back so much, would have done better. 

From the bits I've seen he looked neat and tidy. It wasn't a dazzling display but it was a solid one. Like you say he's good in tight spaces but he's going to need minutes to really get comfortable and involved. 

19 hours ago, TheManc said:

Thoughts on him today? I thought he was ok. Very good in tight spaces and if we didn't drop back so much, would have done better. 

I thought he was decent.  He's obviously not completely up to speed yet and dropped off in the second half, but in his performances so far it looks like he's a great footballer - likes the ball at his feet, good in tight spaces as you say and looks to have really good movement. 

I'm sure we'll see a lot more of him once he starts to find his feet.

On 30/10/2020 at 04:55, John Locke said:

Has looked good so far. Surely there must be a way of fitting him in ahead of james or mata.

I guess they don't want to use him on the left or right? So he either plays instead of Bruno or more defensive and I'm not sure Ole thinks he can play that role efficiently? I think he'll find playing time hard to come by which is a real shame. 

9 minutes ago, Txrt said:

@hdcantona I have to say I couldn't watch many matches lately of ours due to our trainings, matches, etc, but today I watched and what I said in a post to you in the past. Pretty meh, out of place, doesn't look comfortable there... I don't know, it doesn't convince me at all.

I actually think he started well - as did the whole team but also turned to shit after the goal. 

7 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

I actually think he started well - as did the whole team but also turned to shit after the goal. 

I am not meaning he was specially bad or anything, I think he's not a natural midfielder, and I think he's not too comfortable playing there either... He thrived really getting into the opposite box and having a lot of space to run into and cover when he was at Ajax, and that is hest virtue, combined to him being an oportunist and having a nose for goal; and I think we will not exploit those attributes here, because we are trying to make him play a role where he's not bad, but he's nothing special either. It's sad for him, because I like him and I think he's hard working and serious and a good competitor, but it's what we usually to do everyone, so it shouldn't surprise nobody.

In another note... how much better do you guys think Ferrán is compared to Sancho?

On 06/11/2020 at 20:38, MikeM said:

I'm wondering if Donny wasn't bought with Ole specifically in mind. Especially given Poch was very keen on him at Spurs apparently.

There have been a few occasions that Fergie's story about Mark Bosnich's signing has come to my mind when I think about VDB. (The Board signed Bosnich, Fergie didn't want him so didn't want to play him and Taibi was signed to play instead.) 

It's early days obviously so we may see him play more often, but his lack of game time does make me wonder if he wasn't actually the manager's choice of signing.

• 3 weeks later...